Author Topic: T G I F What are you doing this weekend?  (Read 49959 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: T G I F What are you doing this weekend?
« Reply #600 on: July 14, 2023, 12:38:44 pm »
Nothing major that I can think of. Maybe go to library on Saturday for a bit.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #601 on: July 15, 2023, 11:33:24 am »
Hopefully I will get to feeling better.  I miss the interactions I've had with other furs here, and in telegram.  But they are all gone. I have to ping people to get any response.  I talk about them and things they like as well as myself.   I'm genuine in my interactions but it gets me no where.  I loved having friends there but if i have to reach out 100% of the time, am i their friend? No.  . My job is coming to an end and I'm not ready for what's next.  Even my dog didn't care I'm alive. 
So maybe if i can get to feeling better ill be happier. But so far this weekend is going to stink
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #602 on: July 22, 2023, 11:29:53 pm »
In a smalltown parade Friday. Attended a Furry BBQ meet today.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #603 on: July 23, 2023, 03:10:38 pm »
Walked dog in the woods, but it was still 88F and oddly humid. Wanda can't tolerate heat so it was a short walk, too bad it took 2 hours to get there.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #604 on: August 05, 2023, 06:22:41 pm »
Nothing much

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #605 on: August 25, 2023, 10:45:38 pm »
Gonna be in a parade tomorrow.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #606 on: September 04, 2023, 08:57:44 pm »
Long weekend, not much. Was planning on going places but the events started way to early for someone who goes to bed mid morning. Did pick up the bass guitar for a bit. This is the bass I bought at an auction for $40 a few years back.  Was in really bad shape. Actually looked like someone through it off a moving vehicle. Mostly cosmetic. Had to swap out the tuners and all the electronics. The worst of it was the neck. Took me two weeks to straighten it out. Well, it warped in the same direction again. No where near as bad. But needs to be fixed. Depending on how much of the truss rod ( that's the adjustable steal rod that runs just under the fret board ) has left to move the neck may need to be replaced. Not cheap but something I can do myself.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #607 on: September 09, 2023, 02:48:03 pm »
Normally Comic Con, this year no.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #608 on: September 15, 2023, 12:25:55 am »
I get to work more! Hurray!
Not.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #609 on: September 16, 2023, 08:04:17 pm »
Still working on that bass guitar. The truss rod was able to straiten most of the warp out. Still have a ways to go. Checked out the prices for new bass guitar necks. I can get a new bass for the same price as a quality neck. I've also came to an important conclusion this weekend. I've just finished up a second experiment. In reality I just changed the molecular structure of two different substances by exposing them to a lethal does of radiation. In my basement. I AM a mad scientist!!!! OK in truth this form of radiation does not have a half-life. Once the energy that causes this form of radiation is terminated only the effects remain.

Cause the Rat. Mad Scientist.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #610 on: September 17, 2023, 07:19:28 pm »
Dude, Cause, if it weren't for the shipping companies freaking,   I could ship you some high grade thorium ore, or if you prefer uranium ore. I may have some old radium and americeium sources floating about.
I'm still attached to these things considering I mined all but the radium /americium stuff myself.  So perhaps I shouldn't have offered.

I know a guy who might be able to get your stuff irradiated by neutrons... for a price. And if my sister still worked at animal hospital,  x-rays would have been a choice.

So when does your experiment gain consciousness and start walking?

This weekend I'm really down.  I do not like life a whole lot anymore.
Everyone I know and care about is old and has something wrong.   I miss my old dogs.   I hate work.   I hate this ugly conservative crap hole of a town.  I miss my old stomping grounds. And to be honest it really feels no one cares if I'm alive or loves me etc.  I'm lonely and I almost never get lonely.  My dog doesn't even really care about me.  Eeverything I do is of no consequence.  What's the point.
So I get to go to work tomorrow and literally have to deal with a snot nosed overbearing demanding micro manager boss. I wish he would dry up.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #611 on: September 19, 2023, 02:21:53 am »
Thanks for the offer Jame. I prefer my radiation without a half life.  :D Despite both experiments being successful neither will be getting up and walking any time soon. I'm running the first intended use experiment now on the second main experiment. So far so good.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #612 on: September 24, 2023, 11:06:52 am »
Attended a local living history encampment. Also editing video content for FPS.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #613 on: September 30, 2023, 12:40:13 pm »
I'm recovering.
Hiked with my dog up a mountain.
Got pictures.  May share later.

Changing oil in vehicle now.
Then resting.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #614 on: September 30, 2023, 02:38:17 pm »
More experiments. Keep trying until something fails.  :D I promise to put up a separate post AFTER I see how the patents end up. Really Really REALLY hoping all of this isn't a wast of time. I'd rather have all my I's dotted and T's crossed before I spend $$$ for a patent lawyer and the research it takes to see if this has been done before.

The only other thing I have planned for the weekend is watching football. Kinda nice to have a relaxing few days.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #615 on: October 07, 2023, 03:31:50 pm »
It was 64 in the house this morning. Had to break down and turn on the heater for a bit. Going form a constant 84 to 64 is a bit to cold.

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #616 on: October 13, 2023, 06:53:57 pm »
Not much.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #617 on: October 14, 2023, 10:41:09 am »
Stare at the sun.  It's an eclipse.
Worry about my miserable job.
That's about it
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #618 on: October 21, 2023, 10:51:36 pm »
Taking my mom and brother out to eat. Running two more experiments with the same stuff. Every time I think I'm done I find something else that needs to be answered. Every new answer I get makes me happier.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #619 on: October 28, 2023, 02:20:22 pm »
Was hoping to go to another model contest today. But nope. I'm still sick with a cold.
Not doing anything either on Sunday as I'll still be sick.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #620 on: October 28, 2023, 10:48:55 pm »
Should be finishing my Halloween junk.  This is first time in forever I've done it.  I hope this works.  I've turned garage into mad scientist lab. 

Should I wear fursuit????
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #621 on: November 09, 2023, 10:51:41 pm »
"Igor! Pull the lever!"  :D

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #622 on: November 11, 2023, 10:51:51 am »
There was a lever actually!! And things that sounded and sort of looked like high voltage.  But no high voltage.
I haven't dabbled in high voltage for over 15? Years?
At that time I was doing 30 to 50KV DC stuff.  Almost died. Got burned bad and stopped.  Just pin point burns, but very painful. 
When you discharge 50KV capacitor of 1uF, it's loud BTW.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #623 on: November 11, 2023, 04:37:27 pm »
Went to an auction this morning. Newbe auction service and man you could tell it. Totally unprepared and really uncomfortable behind the microphone. Did the newbe mistake all morning long. Start the bidding where you want it to be instead of letting the crowd decided where they want to go. Somehow I ended up buying an entire lot of things. Mostly junk. Had to make a few trips to bring it home. All I wanted was one box of old Christmas stuff. After getting it all home I tossed a lot of it. Some of it will be donated. Some will go on Ebay. Ended up selling one box to a guy for the same price I paid for the entire lot. So I got what I wanted for free.

Wile walking around before the event I talked to a few folks there. Quite a few of them were there for the same reason I was. To see what kind of auctioneers they were going to be. Newbe mistakes didn't overshadow some of the more important things.  There were a lot of important things they did right. I'll be back.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #624 on: November 12, 2023, 06:59:08 am »
Attended a local furmeet, but arrived late. It was to originate at a popular holiday-themed store/mall and the place was full by the time I arrived. So I moved on to town for the fursuit walk to the cobblestone marketplace where it started last year, but saw no one there in a fursuit. Moved on to the restaurant where there was to be a lunchtime gift exchange--another non-event. Drove up to the Taco Bell on the Main Street hoping to glimpse any furries in the crowds, had lunch, then returned through the town--not spotting any.

Went home with my $20 gift card, having taken a few dozen photos, and having observed a bald eagle soaring above the parking lot of a famous restaurant. Later discovered that there were less than a half-dozen attendees.
(Baps the old humorist.)