Author Topic: Wow this place takes me back  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Plantan

• Species: The only Collie, Sugar Glider, Raccoon Hybrid
  • The sun is gone, but I have a light.
  • Male
Wow this place takes me back
« on: August 10, 2021, 08:23:55 pm »
I don't intend to come back to the forums, but I wanted to let you guys know that I appreciate all that this place did for me.
I joined in 2013, when I was a few months shy of turning 15. I got looking through my old posts, trying to look for some art refs of my fursona; among the many cringe things I had posted in my teen years, and angsty poems I had forgotten long ago, when I found a post that I made almost exactly 8 years ago, that made me cry.

It was a post in one of the IRL pics threads, where I had replied to my now partner of 6 years. It read: "Ginge ginge... not only will I give you the best hugs... I give the best hugs EVER!!!! *hugs you to the ground* see?"

Since then my life has changed quite dramatically. Like all people making similar posts I've grown and aged, I'm 23 now. I've been with Ginge Ginge for over 6 years, first visited the UK in 2016, and have been living in the UK permanently since August of 2017. I've also graduated high school (in the top 15 of my class), I graduated from a UK university with a degree in Business and Management (with a first- the highest you can achieve in the UK), and am less than two months away from completing my Master's degree in Supply Chain Management and Logistics (also with a first). After this, I want to study for a PhD. And most importantly, I've learned how to use ellipses properly. :p

And.... I have this forum to thank for a lot of that. It got me through the most difficult years of my life, it provided me with friends, it provided me with a safe place, it also provided me with adults to guide me along the way. I really appreciate all that you guys did for me. I know that, realistically, many of the people who were active in my day have done a similar thing to me, but, on the off chance you see this post, and knew me in any capacity between 2013 and 2016, thank you. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to deal with me back then, and I appreciate all of you.
If you want to get in touch, catch up, and get to know the new me, feel free to add me on discord (Plantan#2952).

Anyways, I'll let you all get back to your furry, lovely lives.
Thanks again,
Plantan x
Inactive Here- Add me on Discord if you knew me in my active years on the forum :) - plantan0615

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Re: Wow this place takes me back
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 10:41:57 am »
Hi Plantan,
I don't know if you will be back here to read any replies, but we never got to know each other.  I joined after you.
But it is good to hear how much this place has helped you!  (Furry has apparently helped many)
Great to hear you are happy with Ginge Ginge; Furtopia seems to have brought many together.

Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline DDD

• Species: White Tiger
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 07:44:38 am »
Wow Plantan, you must be a pretty bright guy!
Also, I am pretty sure everyone looks back on themselves with some level of cringe. Its a sign that we are all growing and improving.

DDD
Those who cannot walk, but can imagine, can fly.
Those who can walk, but cannot imagine, are limited to walking.

Offline Benjamin

• the admin liger
  • Species: liger
  • Male
    • stripeymaney
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 09:12:16 pm »
It's always nice to hear when people have had a good experience here and remember it fondly, even if they can't come around so much anymore.
I lurk a lot here these days, myself. Just need to remember to check in more often.
Good luck in your future endeavors!  :D

Benjamin

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 01:47:52 am »
Hi Plantan! I remember you well and I am so glad you are doing well in your life, and that I was a tiny part of that journey in some way. <3
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such