Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 5037 times)

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Fallout 4
« on: June 03, 2015, 10:08:47 am »

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 03:33:43 pm »
So Stupidly Stoked!!!
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 06:21:33 pm »
The hype is nearly too much for me.  :o  x_x
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 07:05:02 pm »
I'm suuuuuuuppppppeerrrrrrrr excited!!!! The graphics oh my gosh just gorgeous especially for next-gen consoles. I wonder what the setting will be this time, but it looks more like Fallout 3 (and a huge mix match of other games in one game)except 10 times better and a different setting.
I really hope it will be done better(don't get me wrong the other Fallouts were good) and the voice acting will be better. I think they should include guns from past Fallouts(only some) as unique weapons, and also keep the weapon making from Fallout 3(that was really good). I'm hoping they'll make one for last gen consoles. I'll make sure to pre-order this one for sure :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 07:34:00 pm by Amducious »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 04:10:49 am »
looks really nice, cant wait till it comes out (really liked fallout 3 and nv so pretty excited for fallout 4)

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 05:17:58 am »
I was looking at E3s list of consoles they are showing RPGs on, and last gen were included. So this game will most likely be a cross-console game so yay for that. Also link shows that last gen platforms were included, so look for a last gen version possibly.  http://mk02jm307.mapyourshow.com/6_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=bet2200

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 01:26:18 am »
Whelp...looks like it's time to invest in a PS4. Can't wait to hit the wasteland once more :orraccoon:

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 04:24:11 pm »
I see it, I like it, I want it! ^-^

No word of a lie, fave game series ever!
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 09:19:11 pm »
Fallout 3 was awesome enough. I saw the trailer with my stepdad and instantly wanted the game. Too bad I don't have an Xbox one.  :( Ah, well. Who cares about the Xbox one anyway? ;)
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 11:15:14 pm »
You do know that there is a possibility that it will be a cross-gen game? Just like COD Advanced Warfare it was supposed to be only next gen, but ended up getting a last gen counterpart from a secondary development team. I believe that Fallout 4 will be the same possibly, just from Bethesda's secondary team. Also AW's pre-orders was only for next gen then a last gen version came out a week after the next gen was released. So there is still a possibility since gameplay reveal of fallout 4 is June 14, and E3's listing shows last gen consoles for role playing game category. So keep your fingers crossed :).

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 12:01:52 am »
I just finished watching the E3 reveal of fallout 4 there is tons of things. To much to type, all I have to say in game graphics looked GREAT! There is armor and gun creation. There is TONS of gun creation and armor creation. Also you can now build your own settlement and have traders come in and have your own caravan build up huge defenses to(it looked pretty good in game all around). Note: this is all from the the E3 live stream. Fallout 4 is coming out this November also the return of Dishonored. Dishonored 2 you will be able to choose to play as Corvo Attono or Emily Kaldwin each with have their own set of powers and equipment. Doom is also making an awesome return(got to see some sweet gameplay of that).

Also all of these games are only for next gen consoles and PC. Also Tod Howard said that this game has been in development for a LONG time he said development started in 2009. The open-world of Fallout 4 is HUGE everything is just amazing(like way bigger than all the other games). Also did I mention you can fly now?(vertibirds and such) they showed some sneak peaks of that. VATS is now is more realistic and now is in a more slow motion like. Combat looked really good too. So yah get Fallout 4 it's gonna be awesome!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:09:30 am by Amducious »

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 02:44:21 pm »
Hopefully there's an online version, also I know what character build I'm going for.

Also, hopefully you'll be able to actually choose and be part of a faction, like full time, not part time.
Every now and then...

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 02:57:45 pm »
I don't think that there will be a online version, Tod Howard didn't say anything or give a hint of it happening. Also I'd think that it would ruin it, if it were 4 people or 6 people to a map, I could see how that would work. It's coming  out this November and you can pre-order it now.

About the faction thing they didn't show it,but they gave hints of new factions.  Well just have to play it ourselves to find out about the factions and what it might be like.(I don't think online will ever happen, and if it did it would ruin it just like Elder Scrolls Online. Even the console version is just,meh.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:00:22 pm by Amducious »

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2015, 06:27:01 am »
i hope there is a solo option for the factions. new vegas was kinda a disappointment there, chose the legion, NCR, house, or who ever that smiling robot was, i would have liked a solo option (even tho i mostly agree with the NCR) (there might have been a solo option but i dont remember it)

also im not really a fan of all these large quests/missions. the option to do them is nice, and i would still like them in the game, just that its the end game thing is kinda annoying, would like a free roam like game.

as for multiplayer i would really like it if it was at least a few people. so a co-op like experience, not an mmo experience like in ESO.

Offline Loc

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2015, 08:04:25 am »

Looks like no multiplayer.

Which I am very glad about. Co-ops without a separate mutliplayer campaign aren't often balanced well for solo play, and I don't have that many friends I actually enjoy playing with.  And ones with a separate co-op storyline run the risk of not having a well developed single player line, and I don't want to buy a game and then not be able to play half of it.

RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2015, 09:49:03 am »
one way i see it as working is if the other player kidna just took the role as a follower. if the follower player is fine with no back story (they could role play his or her back story tho) then it should work.

this way they only need to focus on one player's story while the other player gets their own.

tho there is the targeting thing which would really need to be changed

Offline Loc

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2015, 10:06:42 am »
Issue with a follower player is that would be kinda boring and less immersive for that player. A couple of old school RPGs have this system and it is kinda dull for anyone being the follower role - Not to mention the extra work of putting in a second lot of dialogue for each important character to differentiate between which player is being spoken to - it is rather jarring if a character you have never spoken to knows all about you because another player has spoken to them first, but the game has no way of telling the difference between you (again, a problem I've come across before in games). And while yes, in theory someone -could- come up with and roleplay their own backstory, how many people are actually likely to?

RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2015, 11:44:35 am »
 I'm really glad they're keeping it single player. Plus single player it's more of experience by yourself. It's just some unique feeling of excitement exploring alone(if you don't get a follower,personally I don't it's more fun), and that's sometimes why I like it that way.
Other than that, I'm sad to say this probably is the last Fallout. I could be wrong but they put so MUCH effort into this game, it made it seem like this is the grand finale for the Fallout series.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 11:46:33 am by Amducious »

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 07:17:09 am »
there would be many issues that would need to be worked out and money would most likely be lost on it (the game will still make money tho) even if there are still a few missing things multiplayer would likely improve a few people's game

It's just some unique feeling of excitement exploring alone

Other than that, I'm sad to say this probably is the last Fallout. I could be wrong but they put so MUCH effort into this game, it made it seem like this is the grand finale for the Fallout series.
that is pretty nice, tho it seems like it would really improve the game experience if you could play with someone close

also just in the fallout lore the radioactivity around is dying off which is going to allow people to rebuild, and grow plants again, making it less of a waste land. (unless they make another one take place in the past, or at the same time as this one)

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 08:47:48 am »
There might be another game(very slim right now but maybe in the future), but it will probably won't be any time soon. I'm still super excited about the game though. :) I think it would be cool to have it take place in the past, or like 500 years after all the other Fallouts.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 08:51:48 am by Amducious »

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 02:42:27 am »
just watched the E3 gameplay of the game and many of the features in game are amazing.
here are the things i really like about what is added.
(possible spoilers below)

-from what it looks like power armor now as an entrance animation, so you actually feel like the suit is extremely powerful when you step into this large chunk of metal.
-jetpacks for power armor?: one of my favorite things in games is to have a jeppack, i find flying all over the place ridiculous but if its a jumpjet pack then it makes me feel like my character is really powerful (due to the equipment i have and not just my player level)
-buildable settlements: another thing i really like to see in games, no longer will you have to install some mod, or go into G.E.C.k and build a house using all of those annoying directories (most likely will still be able to do that if you want an extremely personalized home) NPCs might actually move into your towen
some buildings you can place:
 -- foundations, walls, roofs, furniture, guardposts, vendors, turrets, powerstations, lights (some can be colored), traps, crops, and most likely much more
-far more advanced weapon mods: unlike fallout nv you can change more than just attachments, by the looks of the E3 trailer you can alter the barrel, grip, receiver, attachments, ect

the only thing that disappoints me about fallout 4 is the lack of co-op. to me having the ability to play a game that you really enjoy(not to mention just that fallout 4 is really well made by the looks of it) with a friend makes the experience far more enjoyable. i get annoyed when ever i get a companion in fallout or skyrim, and they just seem so soulless. having the ability to get another character in game to actually feel human might actually help with the characters who are not human like. iv read online and it seems that quite a bit of people are ok with being a follower of the main character (as long as single player is an option) but that still kinda takes alot of work. i also read in some article that Bethesda actually made a early multiplayer version of fallout 4 just to see if it would fit in well, so maybe there is hope of a later expansion which adds co-op, or that those files are still inside fallout 4's files making it so a moder can easily understand the main files in the game, and how things work, so that a co-op mod might come out sooner.

that is just my view on the co-op thing, i'd like to see it as just an add on to the game that is well made (fallout is known for the single player so of course keep that) for someone like me (being in isolation for most of the time) it would help me have social interaction (talking is nice, but i tend to run out of topics to talk about which just leads to silence), but also just for the fact that it would make gameplay more interesting (working together to take out a raider fortification).

Offline DoubleSwee

• Species: Feline
  • I'm Jacques, nice to meet you.
  • Male
    • FOXmcloud021 on DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 07:03:36 am »
I would by hyped if I was allowed to play fallout

cri
DA: http://foxmcloud021.deviantart.com/

FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/foxmcloud021/

"Never stop drawing, the day you stop drawing is the day you die."
- Egoraptor

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 09:19:56 am »
As Grey posted, yes all the features look great! I watched it live on the YouTube live stream. I was so hyped when it was time for Fallout 4. I think the new features will be great for the game. Co- op I think would've kinda ruined the game, I understand you want a friend to be able to play too. It's the whole idea of being alone, in a vast world. It would've been fun to experiment with that feature though if they made it. November is closing in so I'm excited when the game is finally released. I'm pretty sure they're probably going to make DLC, I'm excited if they do or they don't.( Also I wouldn't mind a co-op option but keeping single player, that's something I always wanted too)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:22:21 am by Amducious »

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 12:02:26 am »
As Grey posted, yes all the features look great! I watched it live on the YouTube live stream. I was so hyped when it was time for Fallout 4. I think the new features will be great for the game. Co- op I think would've kinda ruined the game, I understand you want a friend to be able to play too. It's the whole idea of being alone, in a vast world. It would've been fun to experiment with that feature though if they made it. November is closing in so I'm excited when the game is finally released. I'm pretty sure they're probably going to make DLC, I'm excited if they do or they don't.( Also I wouldn't mind a co-op option but keeping single player, that's something I always wanted too)
But people can be alone together :P

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2015, 08:17:26 pm »
^ true lol  :P