Author Topic: Awkward Furry Moments?  (Read 22872 times)

Offline Ol Rab

• Species: Honey Badger
  • Male
Awkward Furry Moments?
« on: March 22, 2012, 09:37:36 pm »

Even before I knew what a furry was, I had the traits of a dragon. For as long as I can remember, I liked reptiles, gobbled up red meat, and hoarded anything shiny.

Though nobody ever knew about the shiny thing. Until a few nights ago.

Mum was picking through my closet and accidently dumped by twenty pound bag full of various trinkets, coins, marbles, plastic gems, ect.

It was a hassle to both pick it all back up, and to explain why I had enough shinies hoarded to drown a chimpanzee.

What are some awkward moments you have had?

Offline Flyntz

Re: Awkward Furry Moments?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 09:48:57 pm »
I had a dream one where I was walking on the Desert and then I started to run but by the time I was sleeping...
*going outside dreamworld*
I was shaking my leg's as if I was really there! :D
But then my mom came in, and I gotta tell ya! She thought I was freaking out!

Offline SHEPARD_DOG

• im a Scientific enthusiast
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 09:49:33 pm »
the first time i wor a coller mom went nuts :o

so i pot my shirt coller to hide it 8)
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”

Offline Wanderer

• Keep your eyes on the horizon
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 09:56:49 pm »
I put things in my mouth like pencils when i could just set it down. I also have a deep connection to the outdoors espeacially the mountainous regions. When i was young i would have dreams that i was raised by animals. Also when i fall, jump, or perform amazing acts in my dreams my legs jump it wakes me up. I also grow my nails out, witout thinking, but not very long.
I get picked on for the nails alot. In fact my mom brought up drugs that only need a long pinky nail to snuff. This was very confusing and kinda made me angry. I tend to talk to my pets alot my family thinks it is awkward.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:58:57 pm by Wanderer »
"Journey for you may never know where the road takes you."-Wanderer

"Tis not the destination that matters, but tis the journey that makes us"- Wanderer

"Destined to travel the roads of time, the Wanderer walks the path with prejudice, ready for the masters of death that lie before him."- Jet

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 10:04:26 pm »
People always mess with me because my nails aren't usually cut. I don't even really notice I have nails, that is until someone blurts out "Woah! Dude your nails are freakishly long. You look like a cat or something!" Although the usual thing they say is I'm a girl just because my nails are slightly longer that a guys. I honestly don't let them grow on purpose, but before I know it, there they are. Also I hold things in my mouth and get funny looks for it. A couple of times, I've stuck money in my mouth and got some "Ewws" and "Gross!" I also don't realize I just put something in my mouth, it just happens naturally. Plus, sometimes I get strange comments because most animals I've seen seem to naturally like me better than most other people. I've come face to face with coyotes before, but never attacked. Once, a wolf walked up to me, and just layed down. It slept a while, then left while I was in my garage. Creepy. But mostly the money and nails things, though.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Wanderer

• Keep your eyes on the horizon
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 10:42:34 pm »
Like two peas in a pod you and i
"Journey for you may never know where the road takes you."-Wanderer

"Tis not the destination that matters, but tis the journey that makes us"- Wanderer

"Destined to travel the roads of time, the Wanderer walks the path with prejudice, ready for the masters of death that lie before him."- Jet

Offline typingwithpaws

• Species: fox
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 01:19:58 am »
ive been known to carry various objects in my mouth at work, even when i have a free hand. tough the 12oz hammer is a bit heavy for my jaw strength i still do it.
i get some strange looks because i'm the only one who does it rather than making a second trip to get the last tool. and holding TIG wire in ones mouth is so much easier anyway, frees up your hands so you can hold the job before welding it.

Luckily no one saw me open turn the door handle with my mouth the other week  :-[

i'm getting closer to the danger of making a furry related comment in the workplace, i'll post it if i do  :o
"Nothing will ever surpass the beauty and elegance of a bad idea"

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 01:37:19 am »
I don't know if this counts, but I found an anti-furry at my school today! :o He is a friend of mine, and we've been friends for a while. He sort of nonchalantly said it to me. He doesn't know I'm a furry, and he didn't come straight out and say, "I'ma furry haterz!" But it was clear enough. Now I know who I WON'T be spilling my "secret" to.  x_x
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 07:34:23 am »
Holding stuff in mouth, mostly pencils and that jazz

But I rarely have cats hate me, but dogs go berserk the first time we meet, or whenever they are behind a fence [mainly because I antagonize the latter]

Also, I get some people who make the comment about how long my hair and beard is [which is just a thing I like to have]
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline ChristopherLion

• Species: Lion
  • Male
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 09:10:12 pm »
I walked into the kitchen at work and saw a box of doughnuts on a table.  I opened it and examined the content then began fighting with my self over whether or not to eat one.  I growled at the box then threw down the lid and Roared then I noticed several people sitting at the other tables watching me.  I turned and walked out fast and red faced.
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

FFL6arsw A-- C- D H+ M- P+ R+ T++++ W Z? Sm- RLE a++ cl d? e* f h++++ iw j- p- sm#

My FA site and art: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/christopherd./

Offline Sylvine Srevlis

• The cat among dogs. :)
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 10:06:34 am »
When talking to someone else, I find myself saying 'paws' instead of hands or feet. I snarl and hiss at things I find disagreeable, and that includes in public. After splashing in a puddle I shake off ever limb one at a time. I dislike deep bodies of water. When someone scares me my first instinct is to claw them, though I don't like to wear my nails long. If there is something hanging over my head I have the uncontrollable urge to bat at it. I run up stairs on four legs. If I see a grasshopper, I must pounce on it. I twitch my hand when I feel like twitching my tail. I'm told I have catlike movements in general. I'm an 'outdoor cat', I can't stand being cooped up and I have to go outside in the forest at least for a hour every day. When I am outside, I often rub the side of my face on trees and shred/chew on oak leaves. The list goes on!  (:
"Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there." - Owl City

Offline ChristopherLion

• Species: Lion
  • Male
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 09:17:51 am »
I was walking out of work with three boxes of girlscout cookies fondly cuddled in my arms when one of my coworkers saw me and commented that I brought him cookies.  I  squeezed the boxes tight in my arms and growled at my coworker as i backed out the door. :) One must protect one's cookies.
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

FFL6arsw A-- C- D H+ M- P+ R+ T++++ W Z? Sm- RLE a++ cl d? e* f h++++ iw j- p- sm#

My FA site and art: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/christopherd./

Offline Craulf

• Solatorobo!
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 10:54:02 pm »
Recently, I was at a boba cafe thing with a couple of cousins. One of them grabs the straw wrapper and holds it really close to the front of my face, occasionally poking me with it (which really annoys me.) I suddenly snap forward and bite the wrapper, yank it from their hand, and starts chewing on it. I got a couple of seconds of stunned reactions followed by a "I think you've been spending too much time with your werewolf deck..."  :D
What? Easy mode? How lame! Only kids play on easy mode! kyahahahahahaha!
..... I might have a touhou addiction o.o

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 04:07:16 pm »
last wednesday at the EOG, i drew paws on my hands, and chewed my pencil in half. I also growl, bark, hiss, and pant. I chew things all the time (my frisbee has bite marks on it) I have eaten and enjoyed dog treats. The tip of the pile is when i came out to my mom. She was okay about it, (and relieved cause i was kind of nervous and freaking out) but then things got weird. We had a talk about what is okay and what is not, and about "Fantasies" :o. Then she SHOWED me an example of what was not acceptable. :-[ Akward moment.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 08:31:14 pm »
At petsmart, buying a collar and tag, nonchalantly letting the cashier think I'm getting it for a cat.
My mate walks up to me and asks, "You gonna wear that?"
(headpaw)
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 11:23:53 pm »
At petsmart, buying a collar and tag, nonchalantly letting the cashier think I'm getting it for a cat.
My mate walks up to me and asks, "You gonna wear that?"
(headpaw)
Response:
Nope, just gonna burn it! Here's your sign.
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline wmdkitty

• Female
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 03:43:08 am »
Haa, only every waking moment!

Awkward is waking up and freaking out because you forgot you have a human body. >.<

Also, sitting on your tail all day? Uncomfortable. Whining that there's a knot in your tail? Awwwwkwaaaaard.

And coming out. Oh, dear god, the coming out. I mean, not that it wasn't already obvious that I'm waaaaay feline, but... when the discussion is sparked by CSI, and you have to explain that no, it's not all about the sexytimes, and that fur-piles can be perfectly G-rated, and NO, I do NOT have a fursuit (I have enough experience to know that a cumbersome costume and a wheelchair are non-mixy things, especially in the loo!) I think they finally got used to it, though.

Offline wmdkitty

• Female
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 03:47:44 am »
Oooh, thought of another one.

I swear animals and small children can see or sense my "true form". Swear it by Bast's teats. I've had random cubs look at me and scream "KITTY!"

And I attract animals. Mostly of the feline persuasion, but lately it's been cats, dogs, squirrels, and small humans, the last of which I don't know what I'm supposed to do with.

Offline Chiscringle

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 07:33:33 am »
I often try to lick myself clean and can get rid of annoying housepets by hissing at them.

Also, dogs tend to avoid me and even some feral cats will come up to me and let me pet them.
My quad: Thrakmon

Wizard lynx: Loramendi

Main furry story: Kindle Store

FA: Chiscringle

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 08:05:53 am »
(I have enough experience to know that a cumbersome costume and a wheelchair are non-mixy things,

Not true. At Anthrocon this year, I saw at least 2-3 people in wheelchairs that had fursuits on. It can be done. ;) This suiter goes by the name of Aragorn Wolf.

Offline wmdkitty

• Female
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 03:09:08 am »
They're non-mixy for me, at least. Toileting reasons.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 08:07:33 pm »
I was walking out of work with three boxes of girlscout cookies fondly cuddled in my arms when one of my coworkers saw me and commented that I brought him cookies.  I  squeezed the boxes tight in my arms and growled at my coworker as i backed out the door. :) One must protect one's cookies.

Especially Girl Scout cookies.  (:
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Squeaks

• Species: German Shepherd/Border Collie
  • Female
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 11:44:46 pm »
I guess every since I was growing up, I enjoyed eating a lot of fish. When I was a teenager, I enjoyed clams and still today they are my favorite type of food to eat. I enjoy sushi.

I find the being out in water very soothing and relaxing for me. I enjoy listening to rain fall and I will just go stand out in the rain when there is not a thunder storm.

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 09:05:51 pm »
I have the tendency to make noises rather like a cat... I also had a tendency to lay down like a cat, even getting to high places I shouldn't be able to, or hiding in places I problably shouldn't be able to fit in. I love to lay on the top of diving boards, too, and observe people who are swimming.
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 02:34:14 am »
I meow at home or when I walk through the door. One of these days I am going to do it when I am in the field or at work.  :D
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such