Author Topic: High School Fleet  (Read 3720 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
High School Fleet
« on: September 06, 2016, 10:22:54 pm »
I just heard about this series tonight and watched some short clips on YouTube. This series is a riot!  :D It would be comparable to the Japanese series "Girls und Panzer". But instead of girls on tanks, there are girls on ships. And not just any ships, but ships from World War II still floating and firing with modern day ships like AEGIS destroyers and LCS littoral warfare vessels.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_Fleet
Just go to Youtube and type in High School Fleet and you'll see what I mean. This series is so unbelieveably funny!  :D

Offline Chipper Blu-wolf

• Species: timber wolf
  • Spending too much on media
  • Male
Re: High School Fleet
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 09:39:26 pm »
I watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrLhRnX0zow

I'm not sure I totally understand what's going on.  Students in charge of warships?  Sounds like a navy school or something like that but seems like they really screwed up and took out a ship they shouldn't have.  Surprised students don't begin with simulators.  There's a couple of real goofy lines like "the rice cooker isn't working" when they're basically being shot at, or "we were all hot so we stripped" (not all the way, that came out wrong!). ;)   I guess if you're big into warships or the navy this might be up your alley I guess.  Considering all I seem to come up with is music videos and not much else, its hard to judge what the series is really like.
Its best to eat a balanced diet with a cookie in each paw!

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 10:01:26 pm »
I did find this.

It should be pointed out that only the "High School Girls" operate the WWII Era Warships.

The Modern Warships are operated by the Graduates, who form the Blue Mermaids (an international Maritime Peacekeeping and Rescue force formed after Global Warming caused the Ice-Caps to melt, and flooded most of the Pacific Islands, and shores of the world).

You have to understand the Japanese fixation on High School to really understand the anime tropes involved. Apparently, in Japan, which High School you go to determines which colleges you can get into, and thus pretty much what you do for life. Screw up High School, and you screw up your life. They are REALLY obsessed with High School.

If you thought that Girls und Panzers or Arpeggio of Blue Steel was pushing things (BTW, Girls und Panzers uses an almost identical theme to High School Fleet. The former has the girls training in WWII Era Tanks to serve in a global peacekeeping force after global warming has melted the poles, with most of the population now living in these super-sized aircraft carriers, while the latter has the girls training in WWII Era Ships to serve in a global peacekeeping force after global warming has melted the poles, with most of the population living in floating cities around the submerged remains of the former coastal cities), then you should see some of the other insane high school anime put out by Japan.

Offline Chipper Blu-wolf

• Species: timber wolf
  • Spending too much on media
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 07:09:08 am »
I'm sure its a culture thing I just don't get entirely.  A lot of places seriously put students in track to what they will do, the US just isn't one of them.  Maybe I can find more to make a more informed judgement of the show.
Its best to eat a balanced diet with a cookie in each paw!