Author Topic: My buttons  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Shim

• Male
My buttons
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:09:50 pm »
Hi there. I've mentioned it a few times in the discussion thread, but I figured I might as well start a new one if I'm going to post every time I add new buttons :P.

Of the 21 buttons I currently have on the bag, only 15 of them are pony related (:. I make all of the cutie mark ones myself. I don't have a button maker for any other size :P!

Here it is as of today. Last night, I added Zecora and the two Princesses.

People at school have called it art, since I'm really picky about where each button goes :-[!

(I've noticed that people either take a day or two to get the blank ones, or they get it instantly :D!)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:11:32 pm by Shim »

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
Re: My buttons
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 10:16:19 pm »
I don't watch or follow MLP, but I'm gonna guess the blank ones are the marks that are on the hind of the ponies??? I like buttons though, so I may follow this one.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Wanderer

• Keep your eyes on the horizon
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 10:24:46 pm »
Cool buttons.  8)
Don't know much about mlp but enough to figure out which one is which.

You make these?
"Journey for you may never know where the road takes you."-Wanderer

"Tis not the destination that matters, but tis the journey that makes us"- Wanderer

"Destined to travel the roads of time, the Wanderer walks the path with prejudice, ready for the masters of death that lie before him."- Jet

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 10:25:54 pm »
Cool buttons.  8)
Don't know much about mlp but enough to figure out which one is which.

You make these?

I make all of the pony ones (and the player pin). Furtopian Sheeta did the Tiger and the "I got out of my fursuit for this?". The others ones, I got from various places over time. One from MFF, one from Radio City Music Hall..

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 10:34:10 pm »
(I've noticed that people either take a day or two to get the blank ones, or they get it instantly :D!)

I guess I break your pattern, then.  It took me about a minute to get it (and I needed the hint that they represented something and glowstick's reference to "hind" to get it), but it was neither instantaneous nor as delayed as you suggested.

Spoiler: Spoiler • show
It' s the flanks of the Cutie Mark Crusaders.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Wanderer

• Keep your eyes on the horizon
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 10:34:23 pm »
Awesome thats good button work ;)
"Journey for you may never know where the road takes you."-Wanderer

"Tis not the destination that matters, but tis the journey that makes us"- Wanderer

"Destined to travel the roads of time, the Wanderer walks the path with prejudice, ready for the masters of death that lie before him."- Jet

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 12:24:52 pm »
I love the buttons, I watch MLP all the time, although I'm falling behind on the new episodes. But really great buttons

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 04:03:51 pm »
Thanks so much! About an hour ago, I updated it. I feel like while the three blank ones are funny, they take up too much room.

I put a bunch of Homestar Runner ones on :D

Offline Luku

• "Tell 'em I said something cool."
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 04:19:01 pm »
Good stuff! :D I was thinking, those cutie mark designs would look awesome as embroidered jacket patches. Someone get to it!

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 04:34:51 pm »
Good stuff! :D I was thinking, those cutie mark designs would look awesome as embroidered jacket patches. Someone get to it!

Custom embroidery happens to be my family business. Next time I get a plain hoodie, I might embroider a cutie mark :D.