Author Topic: This is really sad  (Read 3283 times)

Offline RavidWolf

• Male
    • http://ravidwolf.livejournal.com
This is really sad
« on: July 20, 2004, 11:33:49 pm »
Sad, but this is the life we live in.   ':dead:'

Offline Savaaha

• Female
This is really sad
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 10:34:53 pm »
Unfortunalty neither law enforcement or many other people high up realize the connection between animal cruetly now equals cruelty in helpless humans (children women and elderly) later on. Its another crime where anyone who thinks them selves stronger than thier victims is suspect,not just a certain age group.

photo from Equine Protection Network

Offline anguis

• Male
This is really sad
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 10:10:07 pm »
i hope that they realize that it is a proven fact that people who torture and kill animals fer fun without remorse have potential of being a serial murderer...

e_rbstt
-=anguis=-

Offline Peaches

• Your Comedy Relief Is Here!
  • Female
    • http://www.peaches.furtopia.org/
This is really sad
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 08:41:54 pm »
Article From Yahoo! News Today

I seriously felt sick after reading this. As if it were not bad enough that they were going to be slaughtered, but this too?

*sighs* ':cry:'
Psalms 4: I iz in teh valli of deth, fearin no evilz,
 bcz Ceiling Cat iz besied me pokin me wif hiz stix an it maek me so kumfy.

Married To RebelKat

GO TO FWA!!

Lifetime Member of SITEC

Offline KiyoshiAkita

• Mister Donkey
  • Male
This is really sad
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 02:56:48 am »
that's disgusting....I couldn't even read the whole article.....It sickens and saddens me to know that people do this stuff to helpless animals
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." - Edward Hoagland

Offline P_Z

This is really sad
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 03:01:03 am »
Er, i know we all eat them, but play football with them...

Offline Ecco

• Female
This is really sad
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 07:49:14 am »
Someone played football with a kitten in my area last week or so. He killed it. Now he's being charged and going to jail. Thank goodness. I hope he becomes someone's....uhh...y'know  ':p'  He totally deserves that and worse.
"AHH! IT'S HIDEOUS! REMOVE IT FROM SOCIETY!"
Moody Cat Studios
www.Catloaf.com

Offline Nohbdy_121

• Male
This is really sad
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 03:31:22 pm »
Quote (Ecco @ July 21 2004, 7:49 am)
Now he's being charged and going to jail. Thank goodness. I hope he becomes someone's....uhh...y'know  ':p'  He totally deserves that and worse.

I hate saying it, but the death of a kitten is no justification to put a man in jail these days. I'm a cat person, trust me. I'm not one to kill things for the flying f*** of it. I just know all too well how sickening our own prison system is. It's getting worse and worse. Right now, there's a hepatitus C epidemic thats not being taken care in our prison system. It's not being treated, it's not being diagnosed. It's just festering, like the plagues of the old days. It's already leaking out into the streets. Right now. hepatitus C is a bigger killer than AIDS or diabetes in america. I wonder why?

Take the inmate in Alabama who died of dehydration and starvation in a CMS infirmary after receiving care that one medical director described as "non-existent" and "a gross departure from medical community standards." Or the inmate in the same state who died when CMS staffers injected him with the wrong medicine. Or the CMS doctor in New Mexico who testified that he was required by the company to prevent off-site referrals. Or the district judge in Idaho who found that an inmate’s care in the state prison "more closely resemble physical torture than incarceration.? Or the inmate in Nevada who died because a CMS doctor canceled her prescription for insulin. Or the federal judge in Michigan who described CMS follow-up care as "bureaucratic purgatory." Or a U.S. Justice Department inquiry in Virginia, which found that CMS medical records "failed to meet any known professional standard." Or the district court monitor in Georgia who found that CMS ran a "medical gulag" in the state prisons, giving one prisoner ibuprofen for his lung cancer and making another wait ten months to see a doctor for a broken arm.

That's just the medical issues. Don't even get me started on the subject of rape or anything else.

:::EDIT::: Managed to dl a copy of that video. Amazingly enough, it's quite innocent as compared to other thing's i've seen.

Offline Peaches

• Your Comedy Relief Is Here!
  • Female
    • http://www.peaches.furtopia.org/
This is really sad
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 08:40:34 pm »
It's so sad to think that we hear about this kind of thing all the time. There are some sick people out there, but I'd like to think there are just as many people out there who are good and want to prevent this kind of thing.

The whole situation is revolting. I've seen a lot of sick things. I've been at car accidents, seen overdose and suicide cases, and I've seen several cows being slaughtered (my brother in law had a farm), but I could never imagine or take pleasure in that kind of torture. It does make me happy to know that most of you care about animal cruelty and feel like I do. I really admire those who take action against cruelty, even just those who stand up and say it is wrong.
Psalms 4: I iz in teh valli of deth, fearin no evilz,
 bcz Ceiling Cat iz besied me pokin me wif hiz stix an it maek me so kumfy.

Married To RebelKat

GO TO FWA!!

Lifetime Member of SITEC

Offline Zarathus

• http://www.zarathus.com
This is really sad
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 12:57:13 am »
Quote (RavidWolf @ July 20 2004, 11:33 pm)
Sad, but this is the life we live in.   ':dead:'

*sighs*

That is true....