not-so-furry discussion > general non-furry discussion

What really "grinds your gears"?

<< < (3/192) > >>

Acton:

--- Quote from: Old Rabbit on February 20, 2014, 12:17:35 pm ---What angers me the most?

"Greedy people"  Seems to be the root of most problems in society.
It seems the emotion is needed in part to succeed. The desire to
get rich, not just in money, but goods or property. But to excess
it's destructive. Eventually to society it's self.

--- End quote ---
You just gridded my gears. I see this statement as pure envy.  Greed   is not a problem as long one earns it by their own hands or trade in a voluntary system, I have problem of the greed when people demand others  should be force to provide material items just because their earned more that the other person.

GrayWolf448:

--- Quote from: Acton on February 21, 2014, 04:00:54 pm ---
--- Quote from: Old Rabbit on February 20, 2014, 12:17:35 pm ---What angers me the most?

"Greedy people"  Seems to be the root of most problems in society.
It seems the emotion is needed in part to succeed. The desire to
get rich, not just in money, but goods or property. But to excess
it's destructive. Eventually to society it's self.

--- End quote ---
You just gridded my gears. I see this statement as pure envy.  Greed   is not a problem as long one earns it by their own hands or trade in a voluntary system, I have problem of the greed when people demand others  should be force to provide material items just because their earned more that the other person.

--- End quote ---

i think what he means is when people put money and items over what is the right thing to do.... for ex when people trick other people into buying stuff just to make money, theft, tax evasion, ect.

GrayWolf448:
when ever people run around saying in news articles that games are bad for people because they make you think killing is good -_-

when ever people run around saying in news articles that guns are evil and try to get stricter guns laws because they cant stand the fact that they didn't raise their child right and he went of killing people

i don't mind if they just say it in small scale like to friends but when they put it in the news..... i just cant stand it....

no offense to any one who is religious but i hate it when religion is involved in government.... i mean all this anti-gay marriage stuff i have been hearing from the news they say things like "god said it's bad" "it's a sin" or "the bible says so" and those are reasons why it shouldn't be allowed....

Keitsu:
I don't really get angry but here are some things that I don't like.

When my dad reads out bad news (honestly I don't want to hear that another shooting, stabbing, or car crash has happened)

Capitalism, Where people do things such as employ people at low wages, have slaves, put funding towards money making schemes that hurt the environment or aren't ethical. Honestly I hate the current way the world is going. People... Stop cutting down forests and stop breeding so much :/ Also, stop manufacturing all this plastic and toxins and maximise recycling.

People who don't care about animals..

and Stupid people (his includes stupid people in politics. Points towards anti-gay people*)

Edit.. I've got more

War, military, insults, derogatory words, prejudice, violence, politics, hate, religion (I honestly don't mind if other people believe in something. So long as they don't hurt others because of it, or force their religion on others or preach their beliefs in a disruptive manor), living in Australia (I get burnt easily and putting on sunscreen is an annoying process). I'll stop now before this becomes really bad ranting XD

RabidLynx:
Being hot.

I'm sorry. I hate it. I get all sweaty, I feel gross, I feel weird, it's just plain uncomfortable. I can only accept hot temperatures when swimming, riding on roller coasters, or riding in a convertible. The wind makes the weird, hot feeling go away.

It's why I want to move to Alaska. I love cooler temperatures, it feels so nice to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version