not-so-furry discussion > general non-furry discussion

What really "grinds your gears"?

<< < (172/192) > >>

Jade Sinapu:

--- Quote from: cause the rat on December 10, 2022, 02:33:57 pm ---Knowing I'll be working eight hours on a Saturday knowing full well day shift will either work four or not show up at all. You have no idea how disappointing it is to work with bad management.

--- End quote ---

I do.

My company expects us to work weekends and days off to make schedule.  Bad management.  Bad decisions.  We have lost 30 engineers in 3 years.  IN a company of ~65 people?
I hang on because despite all that I know I have it good in some ways.  (Experience tells me this, aka "it could be worse!")

What grinds my gears at this moment is how people get irate about small things, and how no one has thick skin.  If we all are easily hurt by the tiniest thing, how can we coexist?

cause the rat:
I recently bought a new car. Now I'm getting messages from them about offers and merch. I'm not interested in Chevy underwear. So I delete and block. Apparently they work like spam. Hundreds of addresses to keep sending this my way. I don't read it. I delete and block. Now they are sending me stuff through the mail. Now I can delete, block and toss.  And speaking of my car. it has Onstar. Something the dealership activated. I got a message from onstar. Wile I was driving. It was not only loud but it also changed my dashboard settings. Wile I was driving. I no longer had a digital speedometer. I was looking at my trip mileage readout. Wile I was driving. How thoughtful. After the holidays I'm going to do one of two things. Going to the dealership, because apparently they have to be the ones to shut this off, or going to a shop and having this physically removed from the vehicle. 

Jade Sinapu:
Good luck Cause, infotainment and such is a way to make newer cars have reoccuring costs.
Anyway, hopefully they can cut the red wire

My folks had onstar and stopped paying it and let it die

cause the rat:
Annoying phone calls. Had an insurance company call me. Twice. Giving me a quote on auto insurance. So I called them up. Just to remind them that I'm on the national no call list. If they don't have direct business with me they don't call. Their calls were aggravating. My call back was fun.

Jade Sinapu:
Having a number of small health issues accumulating to make life annoying.
It grinds my bones gears

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version