not-so-furry discussion > general non-furry discussion

What really "grinds your gears"?

<< < (174/192) > >>

cause the rat:
People who use a single emoji as a product description on Ebay. Your buying something sight unseen. Need a bit more info that this. "."

Jade Sinapu:
Being on a single lane road, one that is very busy,  during rush hour, and I and I alone are stuck behind the fool from hell who can't drive constant speed,  stay in center of lane, and who then panic stops.
I just wanted to be in a large assault vehicle and crush them.  I mean, dang dude get with the program! What are you too high to drive?
Pull over!

And of course I'm perfect.

Jade Sinapu:
Neighbor just , 3 times in a row,  shook out a tarp, at end of my driveway.  All sorts of stuff is there. 
Happened earlier in the day.  I had to sweep, and use a magnet.  I didn't drive through the mess for fear of puncturing tire. 
Why did they do that? They could have shook it out in their trash can!

I can't wait till they move away. 

Firelight:
The fact I have to be jabbed with a Covid needle just to go to a con. Isn't a negative Covid test good enough for people?

cause the rat:
Finding a paint brush I really like just to discover they are no longer making them. Everyone uses the same synthetic filaments to make brushes. If I remember correctly there are 5 different styles of brush hair filaments. Hexagon, slotted, ribbed, solid that sort of thing. So it's a choice or combination of these shapes that make up an artist brush. then there are filament types. Ranging from soft to firm. This can be seen by looking at the color of the brush hairs. Every brand uses the same filaments to make up their selection of brushes. So a $40 Escoda 'Modernista Tadami' uses the very same filament as a $7.00 Rosemary and Co. 'Eclipse'. Both are top of the line artist brushes. The brushes I like have a distinctive gray filament. Not only is the brand's brush line gone. All the other brands have dropped their lines of brushes that used the same filament. I'll stop using these brushes and start using other brushes I have I like.

It's confession time. Yes. I did buy a a $40 Escoda 'Modernista Tadami'. And a $7 Rosemary and Co. 'Eclipse'. They are the same brush. I learned what  'Modernista Tadami' translates to. "I was dumb enough to spend $40 on a $7 brush".  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version