Author Topic: Deviantart storage?  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Deviantart storage?
« on: January 02, 2019, 03:08:31 pm »
Starting this month, Flickr is limiting Free Accounts to just 1000 images. Anything more than that must be deleted. If you want more space, you have to pay to upgrade.
Earlier last year, I had a Photobucket account, but had to delete it due to policy changes and price increases from Photobucket.  >:(
I have an Imgur account, but haven't used it yet as I fear they too will change their policies and institute price increases just like PB and Flickr did.

And that leaves Deviantart.........

None of the photos I have are considered "art", even though DA is mostly a site for hosting art type stuff. I need a place to host all my model kit building pics. Will DA allow such content? I have seen plenty of model pics on DA, so I'm assuming they allow other types of content other than just artwork. Anybody know what DA's "storage limits" or other types of limits are?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 06:31:27 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
Re: Deviantart storage?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 03:45:35 pm »
DeviantArt is not just art, mind you. Of course, art is the most prevalent on the place. That said, it allows any kind of creativity-related stuff. Photography, literature, animations... Y'can even post hand-made stuffed animals on the place.

As for limits... DeviantArt does not have a storage limit yet, but you can't make any pictures you put on DeviantArt private. If you post something on DeviantArt, it'll be available to everyone who enters the site. If you want to control who sees you pictures by using private options, the only image hosting site left I know is Imgur.

Also, I'll be the one who points out how it's funny how you had a Photobucket account earlier this year when it's just the second of January.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 06:32:32 pm »
Also, I'll be the one who points out how it's funny how you had a Photobucket account earlier this year when it's just the second of January.

Slight mistake. I corrected it. ;)

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 09:17:03 am »
Oh, I know I said the only thing left I knew was Imgur for private images, but you already mentioned that in your original post now. So uh... If you do the math, you come out with no image sharing site I'm familiar with remaining.

It's up to you. Either way, good luck.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 09:32:52 am »
I use SoFurry, since I don't like Deviantart's T.O.S., and so far it's worked well for me.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 10:32:49 am »
I use SoFurry, since I don't like Deviantart's T.O.S., and so far it's worked well for me.

I'm not using SoFurry because none of my images are furry related. They're all model kit pictures. And what's wrong with DA's TOS? Can you be more specific?

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 10:49:45 am »
I use Google drive
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein