Author Topic: I did more drawings on zale  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
I did more drawings on zale
« on: May 09, 2012, 04:16:16 pm »
i did more drawings on zale and wanted some advice on how to improve the drawings

I also moved on to a different character. this one is gregory. he is the otter of my dreams :D

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
Re: I did more drawings on zale
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:50:57 pm »
Nice drawings. I see some real potential. I dont quite know how to solve this myself, I sorta use shading to assist me, but I see that you need some work with dimensions. Like making things look right at an angle, you know. Just a sorta small thing, but that's just something I thought I should mention. Hope it helps some.

Also, what is Zale. I assume a Dingo, like your profile says you are, but he is colored similar to a fox... I wonder maybe if he is a dingo-fox..or just a normal dog-fox thing. Or something... I dont quite know. Very cool looking though, I'm just wondering what species.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 09:52:21 pm »
Zale is just a dingo I don't have a good selection of pencils so I cant get the right shade and dingos have a similar fur pattern bury the long, thin ears and thick muzzle are different

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 09:57:19 pm »
I'm not sure how to Bing out the demensions any tips or tutorials would be nice

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 10:02:35 pm »
 :P Oh, Ok. Sorry, it was just fox colored and I know a few wolves that are fox colored because they like the patterns, but would rather be a wolf, so they just color their wolves like a fox. :P Still looks cool, even if its not the actual colors. But I do have to give you a huge applause! I noticed you do shading on the actual image, or so it looks that way. Nicely done. That's something I couldn't ever figure out. I shade in Photoshop, but thats different than doing it with pencil or even colored pencils. Good job there. :)

Now for the dimensions thingy. I may be wrong, but i think what really gets it for me are your feet. They seem to point down alot, as if the floor were sloped dramatically downward. The rest of the body doesn't seem to slope the same way. I would recommend drawing the feet more straight on, showing less of the top of the foot but making it seem more like it is facing forwards. This may help, or may not. I think you just need to keep drawing and practice more. That will no doubt help, as I mentioned before. I've only drawn one set of feet, and you could only see the toes, the way I had them angled at the "screen." That's just how I drew them though...
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 01:16:44 pm »
Your drawings have a good look..  If you don't have the
pencil colors you like. Try doing it with a regular soft lead pencil. It's
a good way to work on shading, and depth.

Here are some lessons on Perspective that may be helpful.

http://www.artyfactory.com/perspective_drawing/perspective_8.htm

You can google for furry tutorials too.

Also you can use action figures for reference or yourself in a mirror.

Keep up the good work.

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:20:33 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 08:50:42 pm »
So I cant decide. The white markings next to his eyes, I might replace the eyebrows with them but I cant decide if that'd look good. Hmmm... what do you think

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 01:58:23 am »
My character has similar white marks, but they are brown, instead of eyebrows. I like them, but I would suggest just drawing him that way and see which you like better. :)

PLUR

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 08:15:31 pm »
So i felt that i could do better than these drawings, something more serious. I tried the realism style and i love it! :D Here is the new and improved Zale.

And a full body shot.

Please give me advice, be a critic, i'll only get better with your help!

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 12:55:02 am »
WOW! Nice job on both of them, but I would like to point out that first one you posted there. DEAR GOD THAT NOSE! That is one awesomely drawn nose my friend. :D All of it is amazing, but my eyes jump to that perfect nose. It may be though that I have been trying for some time now and still cant get even a resemblance of a nose on my characters. Nicely done sir. I give you a big high paw! :) Keep this up man.

PLUR

Offline Mylo

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 01:11:01 am »
Your fursona's looking great!  From your previous drawings of Zale to these two, you've definitely fleshed out what you can do in terms of style.  Like Jet said, that nose is awesome, but I'd also like to compliment you on the details in general (the eyes with the tear ducts, the shading on the wrinkles and under the muzzle, etc...).  I can't wait to see what you can do with colour! :D  But still, great work and just keep on drawing.

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 02:41:12 am »
I really want to obtain a computer drawing pad, so i can do the smaller details that a pencil is too big for. also i would start doing color in the drawings.