Author Topic: Weird experience last night.  (Read 5322 times)

Offline KitKatPurrpurr

• Species: Deer, jaguar
  • Jagdeer
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
Weird experience last night.
« on: November 08, 2012, 09:57:36 pm »
So I was watching pony videos last night (mostly songs, since I felt like listening to a few) and I was watching a music video to the song Rainbow Factory. I already knew it was a twisted song, but this music video had been made and it was fairly gruesome. And for some reason, I really liked seeing the twistedness. So I kept looking for videos where that song was playing and there was blood n stuff.

Normally I hate seeing blood and gore (it makes me feel sick), but for some reason last night I got some twisted pleasure from seeing one pony harm another.

And I'm into the show because I think it's cute. I don't get all super into the memes or whatever, I just plain and simply find it to be a cute and enjoyable show. So I don't know why I was so eager to find bloody gory stuff last night...

Maybe there's something wrong with me? I don't know.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
Re: Weird experience last night.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 10:56:50 pm »
I think it's the irony of it that makes me not abhor it. I occasionally get an awkward laugh out of it, solely because of how out of character with the show it is. But I won't say I go out of my way to look for that stuff.

Rainbow Factory is based off a grimdark fanfic. I've not read it and can't say that I have any intention to. I know enough of the story at this point.  But the 'Rainbow Dash Presents' spinoff of it might be one of my favorite fan-made videos. And WoodenToaster's 'Rainbow Factory' song (probably the one you heard; if not his, it was probably one of the many remixes of it) is probably one of my favorite pieces of fan-made music.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline KitKatPurrpurr

• Species: Deer, jaguar
  • Jagdeer
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 11:06:28 pm »
I think it's the irony of it that makes me not abhor it. I occasionally get an awkward laugh out of it, solely because of how out of character with the show it is. But I won't say I go out of my way to look for that stuff.

Rainbow Factory is based off a grimdark fanfic. I've not read it and can't say that I have any intention to. I know enough of the story at this point.  But the 'Rainbow Dash Presents' spinoff of it might be one of my favorite fan-made videos. And WoodenToaster's 'Rainbow Factory' song (probably the one you heard; if not his, it was probably one of the many remixes of it) is probably one of my favorite pieces of fan-made music.
I was just concerned that my brief obsession with blood n stuff was bad, but I can see where it came from.

And I also love the songs. Especially Awoken. Mostly because my boyfriend showed it to me. :o

Offline Hesper Scott

• Female
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 12:58:51 am »
Ziel, the fanfiction is based off of the song. It clarifies and expands on the song, the song is not a distillation of the fic.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 01:54:35 am by Hesper Scott »
Whenever I see these signatures, I feel like I should use mine to say something really interesting and profound, but I always end up with some generic quote or saying. Hmm. That's unfortunate. Well, now guess who looks like a excessively meta killjoy. I do!

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 12:17:14 pm »
Closed due to gravedigging.

If a thread has not been posted in in over 6 months, please make a new topic on it ^^

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#