Author Topic: Any Homestucks hanging around?  (Read 10557 times)

Offline GetScared

• Male
    • spacelionsgetscared on tumblr
Any Homestucks hanging around?
« on: July 24, 2012, 09:19:25 pm »
I know Homestuck isn't an anime or anything, but I don't think there's anywhere else to post this haha. I was just curious. I was at an anime convention just last weekend cosplaying as Dave Strider. I'm the one on the left. It was a lot of fun meeting other Homestucks. I was just wondering if maybe there were any here. That'd be pretty cool. The people that I met at the con didn't seem to take much of a liking to the furries at the con.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
Re: Any Homestucks hanging around?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 10:30:12 pm »
I'm working my way through it still, but I'm definitely enjoying it so far.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 10:49:41 pm »
I am whatever the opposite of a Homestuck fan is.

Offline GetScared

• Male
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 11:57:55 pm »
I'm working my way through it still, but I'm definitely enjoying it so far.
That's great! How far in would you say you are?

Offline GetScared

• Male
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 11:58:08 pm »
So you don't like it.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 01:58:07 am »
So you don't like it.

I cannot put into words my distaste for Homestuck without foaming at the mouth and likely passing out.

Offline GetScared

• Male
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 01:23:20 pm »
So you don't like it.

I cannot put into words my distaste for Homestuck without foaming at the mouth and likely passing out.
Well then...haha.

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 12:31:22 pm »
I could say the same about MLP but you don't see me griping around the MLP board.  :P

ANYWAYS, there is also myself, sasha (Who is only ever on irc), and redyoshi49q (also mostly on IRC I think, but the forums as well). Though we are mostly on IRC, and I have only been idle there lately due to having things I'm not supposed to talk about yet that I have been working on.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Luku

• "Tell 'em I said something cool."
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 04:42:59 pm »
What's a Homestuck? And how do you "be" one? Are you all cosplaying as the same person? What's going on? x_x

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 04:47:12 pm »
(Homestuck readers is what was meant)
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 04:52:48 pm »
What's a Homestuck? And how do you "be" one? Are you all cosplaying as the same person? What's going on? x_x

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Paint_Adventures  :P

Offline GetScared

• Male
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 06:02:53 pm »
I could say the same about MLP but you don't see me griping around the MLP board.  :P

ANYWAYS, there is also myself, sasha (Who is only ever on irc), and redyoshi49q (also mostly on IRC I think, but the forums as well). Though we are mostly on IRC, and I have only been idle there lately due to having things I'm not supposed to talk about yet that I have been working on.
lol sorry I don't know what MLP or IRC even are XD

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 03:22:23 pm »

MLP is short for My Little Pony, and probably references the most recent installment of it, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  It's found a surprisingly large following by young adult males, which can be seen, among other places, on a dedicated subforum of these forums.  Don't be deceived by the present lack of activity; when the next season starts, that subforum will probably become one of the most active ones here.

IRC is short for Internet Relay Chat.  It's one of the earliest forms of Internet chat, but still sees quite a bit of use.  Furtopia has an IRC server running; you can access the chat either through the web interface or through an IRC client (connect to irc.furtopia.org on the *non*standard port 6007).  As Avan alluded to, there are a number of Furtopians that use both the forums and the IRC, and some that exclusively or almost exclusively use the IRC (for example, Sasha has not posted outside of making an intro thread, and Shaun/silverfox usually only browses the forums if the IRC goes down).

...And yes, I am a fan of Homestuck.  In response to the OP, though, I have a question.  Did anyone wear the other forms of Dave's attire?  Most notably, I see a lack of God Tier Dave, but there's a whole army of other Daves from his economic shenanigans that could have also been used.  To get one of each together would have been *really* epic.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline GetScared

• Male
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 10:51:01 pm »

MLP is short for My Little Pony, and probably references the most recent installment of it, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  It's found a surprisingly large following by young adult males, which can be seen, among other places, on a dedicated subforum of these forums.  Don't be deceived by the present lack of activity; when the next season starts, that subforum will probably become one of the most active ones here.

IRC is short for Internet Relay Chat.  It's one of the earliest forms of Internet chat, but still sees quite a bit of use.  Furtopia has an IRC server running; you can access the chat either through the web interface or through an IRC client (connect to irc.furtopia.org on the *non*standard port 6007).  As Avan alluded to, there are a number of Furtopians that use both the forums and the IRC, and some that exclusively or almost exclusively use the IRC (for example, Sasha has not posted outside of making an intro thread, and Shaun/silverfox usually only browses the forums if the IRC goes down).

...And yes, I am a fan of Homestuck.  In response to the OP, though, I have a question.  Did anyone wear the other forms of Dave's attire?  Most notably, I see a lack of God Tier Dave, but there's a whole army of other Daves from his economic shenanigans that could have also been used.  To get one of each together would have been *really* epic.

I believe there was a god tier dave at one point, but my friends and i left around 10pm and after that a ton more people showed up for the rave and for the rest of the weekend. i missed quite a few people. these were just the three daves that were there at that moment.
and thanks for explaining that stuff for me :3 i appreciate it.

Offline Kori Xenosk

• Nomnomnom :33
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 06:20:23 am »
Hello. I can see that this thread hasnt been used in a while but I'm still gonna post. I love love LOVE homestuck!!! I usually cosplay as Terezi Pyrope. I am also a furry, brony, and an otaku. But not a scary otaku... I would love to meet more homestuck furries! My name is Kori Xenosk.
"What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger." I'm still kickin'. Come at me bro!

You mess with the fox, you get the fangs.

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 08:18:56 am »
I got into Homestuck a couple weeks back... I'm in the 6th act already... I have no life...
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline GetScared

• Male
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 12:02:45 pm »
Hello. I can see that this thread hasnt been used in a while but I'm still gonna post. I love love LOVE homestuck!!! I usually cosplay as Terezi Pyrope. I am also a furry, brony, and an otaku. But not a scary otaku... I would love to meet more homestuck furries! My name is Kori Xenosk.
Well, hello! It's always nice to meet people that like similar things :3

Offline GetScared

• Male
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 12:04:24 pm »
I got into Homestuck a couple weeks back... I'm in the 6th act already... I have no life...
Haha, that doesn't mean you have no life. That just means you've got a lot of free time. Nothin wrong with that. It took me far too long to finish reading it. My friends were getting frustrated because they had wanted me to finish it before we went to an anime convention because we were all cosplaying, but I hadn't gotten it done in time.

Offline Kori Xenosk

• Nomnomnom :33
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 02:48:42 pm »
Thanks! ^-^ My fursona's last name used to be Vixen but since I got into Homestuck and made a fan troll, I changed the last name to match my OC's. Heeoni Xenosk. I have a Facebook under that name. You can friend me if you like. I'm more on there than here. I'm almost to the sixth act. Still with Doc Scratch and Rose right now...
"What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger." I'm still kickin'. Come at me bro!

You mess with the fox, you get the fangs.

Offline GetScared

• Male
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 08:22:36 pm »
Thanks! ^-^ My fursona's last name used to be Vixen but since I got into Homestuck and made a fan troll, I changed the last name to match my OC's. Heeoni Xenosk. I have a Facebook under that name. You can friend me if you like. I'm more on there than here. I'm almost to the sixth act. Still with Doc Scratch and Rose right now...
I'll have to decline your facebook offer haha I don't like facebook at all so I don't spend any time there.

That is a good act though. I rather enjoyed it. Then again I enjoyed just about all of it. There were a few times when it felt like it dragged on a bit, but I really did enjoy just about all of it.

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 10:32:10 am »
God, I hated having Doc Scratch actually talk... he was a pain to read...
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline GetScared

• Male
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 10:39:16 am »
God, I hated having Doc Scratch actually talk... he was a pain to read...
Yeah, that was a bit of a pain, wasn't it? Although he was entertaining.

Offline ominipotentgoldfish

• Special When Lit
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 02:15:18 am »
Don't mind me.  Not adding anything to the conversation, just saying that Hussie is a mad genius.

And he never sleeps.
Even Speedwagon is afraid! D:

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 04:18:23 am »
So you don't like it.

SHIM I FEEL YOUR PAIN ... Words can't even describe how much detest I have for Homestuck
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Plantan

• Species: The only Collie, Sugar Glider, Raccoon Hybrid
  • The sun is gone, but I have a light.
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 06:50:41 am »
omg! that's super cool!!! im just getting into homestuck... (: i have so much to catch up on...
Inactive Here- Add me on Discord if you knew me in my active years on the forum :) - plantan0615