Author Topic: Photoshop Help  (Read 3229 times)

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
Photoshop Help
« on: December 09, 2011, 05:34:57 pm »
I need help making a photoshop drawing that doesnt look like I made it in ms paint. Is there a way to give a drawing that has some better texture to it, rather than looking like a flat color. Here is a link to my first drawing of my fursona. He looks pretty bad, so any advice is appreciated.
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/385901_107042872746479_100003223003076_36778_487358801_n.jpg?dl=1

Offline Battery

• Male
Re: Photoshop Help
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 06:11:45 pm »
I could do a quick livestream for you how to do some basic photoshop coloring and shading if that could help.
DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Weasyl - Tumblr - Twitter - Skype: BatteryAcidLeak

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 07:17:58 pm »
That's ok. I think I've found my solution using varied color in brushes.

Offline Samantha Pitt

• Male
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 01:08:19 am »
I am new to photoshop.I am getting message that scratch disk id full.Has someone else got the same problem?Can anyone help?

Offline Mylo

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 01:34:33 am »
I am new to photoshop.I am getting message that scratch disk id full.Has someone else got the same problem?Can anyone help?

Here you go:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop/f/scratchdisk.htm

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 05:28:55 am »
There are a lot of different ways to go about adding texture. It really depends on what you need.  As a start, I'd recommend trying to get a good handle on working with shading before worrying too much about texture.  Texture without shading almost always looks awful.

I'm assuming you are mostly looking for fur texture, is that correct?  The basic way to do that is with the brush and smudge tools.  If you want something closer to a realistic fur (which may or may not look good on your drawing depending on the style of it.), you could try this:

-Select the area you where you want the fur.
-Add a little bit of Noise (Filter->Add Noise). Make sure the "Monochromatic" checkbox is checked.
-Use the Smudge tool to smear the colors in the directions you want the fur to flow.

I'll again stress that for this to really look good, the shading, drawing, and so for will need to be fairly good too or it just ends up looking like a bad photoshop effect.