Author Topic: WHY CANT I DRAW FURRY?!? 0.0  (Read 6713 times)

Offline WOLFWOOF

WHY CANT I DRAW FURRY?!? 0.0
« on: May 05, 2012, 02:57:31 am »
 I dont know y but I just cant draw furries.... I need help plz! I'm down on my knees here.... I can draw humans just fine but that doesn't help me with anything..... I try to draw furry and I end up with a perfect set up for a human face and if I try to add a muzzle or anything it.turns out 100% wrong looking....and yes I have tried completing it.... it just looks worst..... sad face over here. Oh I draw on papaer ajd yes I have also tried to start with what makes a furry a furry.... I've tried almost every way of.trying to draw one that ibcan think of and ibneed to draw mybfursona also....
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 03:02:40 am by WOLFWOOF »

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
Re: WHY CANT I DRAW FURRY?!? 0.0
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 03:06:03 am »
Calm down man. Ok.. I also couldn't draw furrys, although I refer to them as Anthros. But I have gotten better, just look at where I went from. I have a thread somewhere around here <_<.  But my stuff sucked, then it started getting better. I believe the true help was just doing a ton of terrible pictures, then fixing one small error at a time, until they got progressively better. I also noticed you said you start with a human, then transition into an Anrthro. I do the same thing with the body, arms and stuff. But I have never done that with the head. The head is what is most animal like in my opinion. So I always did it the opposite way. I drew it like an animal, then added more human characteristics, like facial expressions and eyes that aren't quite animalistic. There are tons of threads here that can help you too, try researching a little. But maybe you can try that path. Draw a dog head, then make that more human like. Rather than going from human to animal, go from animal to human. I hope that helps a little, but it really just takes practice. Ask anything you need and I will try to help in whatever way I can. :)
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline WOLFWOOF

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 03:12:33 am »
Thanx :) it just frustrates me wen I've been drawing for so long and I cant draw anthros... realy in all truth anything that I cant do frustrates me and ibkeep trying it more and more and the more I miss up the more angry I get..... kinda a perfectionest at the.stuff I do and wanna do..... so after saying that I'm sure u see y I'm all franticy lol

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 12:08:13 pm »
Here is a good website showing how to draw furry heads of
various animal species.

http://leoromo.net/temp/Windows%20ce%20crap/Respaldo%20Compact%20FlaSH/My%20Documents/How%20to%20draw%20anthro%20heads.htm

This is just one of several furry drawing how to's you can
find online.  

Also if you will post your sketches we can try to help you
out that way as well.

Keep up the good work. :orbunny:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:12:20 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 02:01:39 pm »
Actually I am also a perfectionist. But I tell myself that no matter what I draw, it will suck, compared to what I will draw in five years. You always improve something from one drawing to another. And Thanks Old Rabbit, that link will actually help me. I have a hard time with the muzzle. But I think you should post a few pictures you have drawn, that way we can tell you what you are doing right, and where exactly you fall short. And maybe some of us know how to fix some of your mistakes. Just stay calm and art. Art takes patience in my opinion.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline WOLFWOOF

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 03:08:32 pm »
Thanx and ill try that..... most my pectures end up in the trash.... some that are decent don't and then I have some good pictures..... not furry....

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 03:35:20 pm »
Also,  there's an important difference;  Human heads are based on ovals or rectangles while most anthros' heads are based on perfect circles.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 05:08:09 pm by Alsek »

Offline WOLFWOOF

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 05:00:35 pm »
Hmm.... that I did not know.... so how do I post pictures?

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 05:01:43 pm »
No... dont throw away your work. The next anthro you attempt, please scan it and post it here. So we can see where you stand, and we can help you move forward. No matter how bad you think it is, just let us see it and try to help. Also, Alsek, I actually never thought about that. I sort of always drew heads off circles.... maybe i was doing it wrong, but its good to know I did it right for anthros even when I didnt draw anthros. :P

EDIT: You can scan pictures into your computer then upload or submit them into sites like FurAffinity and DeviantArt, then link it here.

PLUR

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 05:05:37 pm »
I agree with Jet,  Always keep your old work.  In a few months,  look back at it,  and you'll see how far you've come.  In a few years you'll be amazed and quite pleased with yourself.

Also,  posting pictures and getting feedback is the most helpful possible thing you can do to improve.  :3
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 05:08:02 pm by Alsek »

Offline WOLFWOOF

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 05:55:35 pm »
Idk how to post pictures lol I use my phone for this site... and ok ill try to keep them in the future

Offline Mylo

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 07:32:32 pm »
You can't actually upload pictures directly to Furtopia; you have to link to them from somewhere else.  You could take pictures of your drawings.  Then, use an app to upload those images to a site like imgur.  Then, go to the desktop version of that site (on your phone), copy the image location, and then paste it between image tags on Furtopia:
Code: [Select]
[img]your url here[/img]

Hope that helped ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:45:01 am by Mylo »

Offline WOLFWOOF

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 08:55:46 pm »
Kinda.... I do have an fa.... soooo link to that?

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 09:39:16 pm »
Thats what I do ;)

PLUR

Offline Mylo

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 09:45:35 pm »
Kinda.... I do have an fa.... soooo link to that?

Yeah.  Just do that.

Offline WOLFWOOF

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 08:31:02 am »
Will.... now for me to figure out how to do links....

Offline Mylo

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 10:47:50 am »
Will.... now for me to figure out how to do links....

Copy the image location link. You can do this by right clicking the image and picking "copy image location." Then, paste it into your post between image tags, like below:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://etc...[/img]

Offline WOLFWOOF

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 12:22:23 pm »
Oh ok thanx :) I'm no good with compuers -.-

Offline WOLFWOOF

still cant draw furry for some reason
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 03:22:40 pm »
I may be over thinking the proccess of drawing furry.... anthro.... but the fact remains I still cant draw it.... I can barely draw animal heads.... I took oldrabbits advice and looked at the page but for some reason confused me even more.... I can mainly draw human.... I haven't thrown away the pages just earased the drawin lol u know to save paper..... but yah still cant draw it guess furry is more complecated than human.... poo to that  -.-  oh will.... I guess ill have someone else draw my fursona....

Offline blkgli

• el puertorriqueño peluda
  • Male
Re: still cant draw furry for some reason
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 04:24:18 pm »
i feel you man, I had trouble just drawing in general. I looked around the internet for some help, but I turned out no results. But I did find a "tutorial" that helped me a lot. With this tutorial, I was able to draw my first furry. Sure, it wasn't the best, but it was a start, I recommend you check it out. Once you're on the page, press "download image" (just in case you're not familiar with deviantart :))http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=drawing+anthro#/d6dhth

Offline WOLFWOOF

Re: still cant draw furry for some reason
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 04:54:30 pm »
Thanx ^.^

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 06:57:46 pm »
@WOLFWOOF:  Your post # 18 above which was originally a seperate thread topic, has been merged into your original thread here from May 4th as both threads are similar and asking the same things, etc.