Author Topic: Telling a story through music  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Natura Wolf

Telling a story through music
« on: May 04, 2013, 10:31:35 am »
Hello there,

I have an experiment I wanna try out on you.  Sometimes when im listening to music, my imagination fits s story to the song and i find myself dwaming on a created universe from my mind.

Soo I have two tests I want to try out on yourselves if your willing
Read below and then listen to this and tell me what you see, hear, feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3OPox7MBqs

0:08 – There is an echo of fighting and guns which eventually echoes by a scream.  Brown eyes open.

0:37 – A girl with red hair wakes up from bed as she is breathless and sweating.  She gets out of bed as she stumbles to the bathroom, her hand on her forehead.  Splashing water onto her face she looks up into the mirror in front and closes her eyes.

1:06 – Her heart suddenly connects to a distant battle on the other side of the world.  There are wolves fighting armed humans who are gunning them down.  Among them is a fierce triplet of the brown haired girl, only with black hair, charging the wolves assault and turning into a wolf before diving upon the armed humans.  There is a white haired triplet too, laying within a cave, her hand clutched on her heart calling her red haired sister.  The long blonde haired lead female officer of the woman is on a comms link talking to a Longish curly blonde haired sniper (screen change) and her group of black soldiers who are about to invade the red haired woman’s flat.

1:21 –The red haired woman’s eyes open with brown wolf eyes as she throws herself snarling in the bathroom, breaking and knocking over items and making her way to the lounge as she slowly turns into a wolf.  Mean while the sniper woman signals the black clothed soldiers who prepare to make their assault.  As they burst in.

1:35 – The wolf bursts out of the first floor window of the flat as glass shards rain on the sniper who ducks.  The woman now a red furred wolf, runs through the Egyptian streets, and jumps over the car as the sniper tries to shoot with a hand gun.  As the wolf reaches a clearing she illuminates and flies at great speed through the city and into the sands.  The sniper gets into a helicopter to chase.

1:50 – The wolf runs through the desert as the helicopter chases with create speed, a man with a huge machine gun, sits and fires bullets that smack into the ground near the wolf as she zooms through the sand.  Ahead is a hut.

2:04 – In the hut there is a boy shaman with dirty blonde medium length hair and beige robes as he leaves the wooden hut in the middle of the desert and see the wolf and helicopter fight.  He closes his eyes.

2:33 – His eyes open to brown wolf eyes as his hair slowly turns white, his body hair two slowly turns white and the environment begins to feel the colder.  There is frost forming on the helicopter as the wolf and it both still bolt towards the hut.  The sniper preparing to take a shot as two jets begin to come from behind the helicopter.

2:48 – The now white wolf snarls as snow forms around him in what looks to be like a developing blizzard of a tornado.  His hair is raised as the Red wolf is about to pass.

3:03 – The red wolf pasts as the white wolf howls as the blizzard shoots in all directions into a massive blizzarding hurricane.  The helicopter instantly loses balance as the sniper falls from the vehicle and lands on the thick snow instead of sand.  The jets zooming through the hair suddenly see the helicopter as one hits the tail of it and starts to descend very close to the left side of the red wolf.  The machine in flames hits the snow and rolls in explosion.

3:17 – The white wolf runs with the red wolf as they make their way through Africa.  The sniper now the only survivor gets up and takes aim to shoot the red wolf.  The white wolf stops and turns to see, he rushes back and pounces upon the sniper knocking her back.
To the end – (Montage videos through a faded background of blood on white snow) The red wolf makes it to the other side of Africa as she shoots into great speed across the water to America, her sister still in battle now calling from a cage from armoured vehicles with her black haired triplet unconscious as a wolf, the sniper and white wolf fight as she takes a sniper to pierce the wolf who evades.  The scene fades to see the blood in the background (now clear view) leading to a still white wolf who is dead.

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
Re: Telling a story through music
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 10:52:58 am »
*stunned, awestruck emotional silence.*

Damn....................... You are going to be an awesome writer, KEEP IT UP!!!
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 10:58:35 am »
Lol, well music tells stories, I just wondered if you could use the music to spark your imagination.

I've got another experiment on the same matter but more vague and over a series of songs.  :)

@Aloneness - What do you think?

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
    • http://choky.furtopia.org/
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 03:40:22 pm »
That should totally be the music video for the song,Id watch it :)
Dude,where my Furryness?
424 passed games on N64,PSX,DC,XB,PS2,GC & X360.(Last updated on 29/09/13)

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 06:20:14 am »
take nickel back for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0DU4DoPP4       he is talking about his old home his gf and his friends
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 06:42:02 am by charcoal »
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 06:29:33 am »
take nickel back for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0DU4DoPP4           I cryed the first time I heard this

Your poste appears to be unfished.  What was the statement what the example came from :D

Offline Keo

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 08:31:49 pm »
I sort of get that with soundscape music (i.e. non vocal), I get taken to another world based on my dreams and I guess I could describe than in worlds.

Offline Revant

• Hi there.
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 03:26:39 pm »
Imagination!

I also do this but I can never get focused enough to make a whole movie... I demand that it makes some sense at least so what I do is take fight scenes from movies and I make my own. I sometimes imagine I am epic-fighting my friends, which superpowers they would have according to their personality? Will someone get in the middle of our fight? Which superpower would you have? I usually pick something near 'werewolf' or shapeshifting or teleporting with fast reflexes.

Have you tried playing playing music with your mind? If you do well enough you can change the 'volume', rhythm, style and many other things. Its super easy.

Also, have you tired looking at movie fight scenes as symbolical? This one has some awesome fight music.
Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7li9SG7zebU
Imagine Smith is your final exam on [subject], or any other kind of important problem. Take Neo's place and watch the video. Your imagination will blow if you know what I am talking about.
What color is a chameleon on a mirror?
Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.