general furry discussion > furry greetings

Just a short introduction.

<< < (2/2)

Mid Favila:
Apologies for the long post, mods - if there're maximum length rules, feel free to point me at them, but I didn't see any and wanted to give everyone a proper response.

--- Quote from: cause the rat on September 27, 2021, 12:21:15 pm ---Welcome fellow foody, woodworker and anime fan! Hope to see ya around often.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I'll probably hang out in the tech subforums for the most part, but I'd love to exchange tips regarding other things from time to time.

--- Quote from: Jade Sinapu on September 27, 2021, 10:40:27 am ---Hi glad you could make it!
We have a few here who like to cook, and I have done some woodworking, although my dad is better at it than I am.
You sound like you have a lot of interests, and I presume furry is just one?

--- End quote ---

I've only recently gotten into cooking and woodworking, since for the longest time I didn't have access to a proper kitchen or shop, but with makerspaces opening back up in my city I'm hoping to get more projects done. One thing I've been thinking of is designing a custom desk and - parts and tools permitting - maybe a set of 3D and dot matrix printers. I don't know if I'd say I have a *ton* of interests though - furry and computing are probably my two main.

--- Quote from: Jade Sinapu on September 27, 2021, 10:40:27 am ---I have found this forum to have enough structure to keep drama to a minimum, and yet is fun.
Sometimes we do word games etc and that can be rather fun.
If you like to post poems or art/photos, we do that too.  Sometimes it sounds quiet here, but furs are checking in often.

--- End quote ---

I'm glad to hear that the forum is civil - that's a rare sight these days, outside of USENET. Games could be interesting - are there, perhaps, active tabletop sessions? I feel like Mutant: Year Zero or something would be fun in a forum setting. Unfortunately, I'm not much of the artistic type at the moment... far too busy with my studies in other areas, although I would like to learn to draw with charcoal at some point, maybe learn to play the hurdy-gurdy.

--- Quote from: Jade Sinapu on September 27, 2021, 10:40:27 am ---Sometimes we have new furs say what got them into furry etc.  Feel free to post that in this thread if you want.

--- End quote ---

As for what got me into furry... I don't actually know. Of course, when I was younger, I had the usual set of favorites - Secret of NIMH, The Lion King, Robin Hood, Sonic, whatever - but I never had a "click" moment. Just something I've always liked.

--- Quote from: Jade Sinapu on September 27, 2021, 10:40:27 am ---Anyway, good to see a goat pop in, more meat for me!    I mean... more friends!  :)
Furry can be a fun hobby, hope you enjoy your time here.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, I might be just a bit too much gote to eat - friends (and nibbles) are always welcome though.

--- Quote from: DDD on September 27, 2021, 07:41:26 am ---Welcome Canadian Friend ^.^
Hope things are going well with you on the other side of the planet!

DDD

--- End quote ---

Thanks - things are quite fine as of late, all things considered. Hopefully you're also doing well.

Firelight:
*Wags tail* Hi! Welcome to furtopia! *Insert Jurassic Park music here*

Iara Warriorfeather:
Did I just hear the Jurassic Park theme? Ah, a new member to our fold--welcome! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version