Author Topic: New song - Melancholy Train  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Drake Blackpaw

• Male
    • http://www.drakebp.furtopia.org/
New song - Melancholy Train
« on: September 27, 2004, 03:05:14 pm »
I created this is a piece for a contest on the KVR-VST music forum .  The main rule of the contest was that you could only use one instrument to create a song.

Melancholy Train

Working within the confines of the contest rules made me try a bunch of different recording techniques and effects to create something I liked.  It was fun, and I learned a lot in the process.

If your interested, take a listen to my other stuff as well.  The music from my band is the best stuff on there, but the solo work I do on the computer is getting better with each new song as well.

Drake's Den - Music

If you got any comments, good or bad, let me know.  I'm always open to constructive criticsm

Offline KiyoshiAkita

• Mister Donkey
  • Male
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 03:23:16 am »
Melancholy Train is an incredible song...very mellow...Slow Skunk Groove is also very mellow...I like ur style....some songs are groovy as others have a sort of 80's style to them that reminded me of the Plasmatics, especially when I heard the female vocals.....Have you released any albums?
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." - Edward Hoagland

Offline AussieRoo

• Male
    • http://www.aussieroo.furtopia.org
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 05:33:26 am »
That was a cool song, the first one.  Nice riff there.  Sounds kinda like my style, just more skillful  ':dead:'   I think it would be cool if you did an entire  song with guitar, but try to make the guitar sound like the drums and stuff.  Like...try chopping to emulate the sound of a snare drum, or scritch the strings to make a little ...scritchy noise?  I dunno, but yeah.  Nice work.
I hate mondays...

and the other days too.

Offline Drake Blackpaw

• Male
    • http://www.drakebp.furtopia.org/
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 10:31:32 am »
Thanks for the compliments guys.

That was a cool song, the first one.  Nice riff there.  Sounds kinda like my style, just more skillful     I think it would be cool if you did an entire  song with guitar, but try to make the guitar sound like the drums and stuff.  Like...try chopping to emulate the sound of a snare drum, or scritch the strings to make a little ...scritchy noise?  I dunno, but yeah.  Nice work.

A couple of other people who entered the contest on the KVR-VST site used guitar and did some more percussion sounds.  One person used plucking the low e-string and then running it through some eq filters to make a bass drum sound.  

Melancholy Train is an incredible song...very mellow...Slow Skunk Groove is also very mellow...I like ur style....some songs are groovy as others have a sort of 80's style to them that reminded me of the Plasmatics, especially when I heard the female vocals.....Have you released any albums?

The Plasmatiscs, I haven't heard that name yet in reference to how my band sounds, but we have been called 80's pop punk, so it definitely fits.  Blondie and B-52s are two bands that we get compared to a lot.

We created a demo CD, but don't have an album out.  The songs on the site from the band are the same ones that are on the demo.  Lack of time has kept us from trying to get something out.  All of the band members have time intensive day jobs and that leaves little time to do the networking and marketing needed to get exposure for releasing a CD.