Author Topic: Pixel Cipher (Image Heavy)  (Read 14420 times)

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
Pixel Cipher (Image Heavy)
« on: December 14, 2010, 05:38:56 am »
...Well, it's been a while since I've posted here...

As some of you might know, I make homebrew encryptions as a hobby.  I've made one into this puzzle.

Below are three plain texts (which are the texts put into the cipher) and the corresponding cipher images (which are the result of the cipher).  For this puzzle, your goal is to use these to figure out how the cipher works...

...so that you can look at the fourth image, and figure out the text that was originally used to produce it.

I'll be honest.  I'm not sure how hard of a puzzle this is going to be.  It is, after all, *MUCH* easier to make a simple cipher than it is to break one.  However, I made this cipher with the intention that it be broken (and with ease of breaking in mind), and I chose one of the plain texts specifically because it would hint at the mechanics of the cipher.  For the sake of clarity, this cipher (as I have used it) can only store letters and spaces, not punctuation, line breaks, numbers, or case.  This is why the text below the images looks unnatural; the text visible is *exactly* the text in the image.

Before I post the text/images, let me say this:  please do *not* post ideas/solutions/etc. here for the courtesy of other puzzle solvers.  Instead, feel free to post in the corresponding spoiler thread.  In addition, if you wish to collaborate to crack this code, the spoiler thread is for that as well.

And now... the code!

Text for ^:

they_got_my_contract_back_to_find_
to_their_alarm_a_dog_had_signed_

Text for ^:

sonic_boom_sonic_boom_sonic_boom
trouble_keeps_you_runnin_faster_
sonic_boom_sonic_boom_sonic_boom_
save_the_planet_from_disaster_

Text for ^:

even_though_weve_never_said_it_
theres_something_that_
the_two_of_us_both_know_

^ is the image you want to find the original text for.

Have fun!
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline silverfox

• I swear I will remember everything!
  • Male
    • SilverFox's Den
Re: Pixel Cipher (Image Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 01:42:37 am »

Signature by Drasune (the actual drawing)
morg: whats for lunch today?
SilverFox: Pasta Roni :)
morg: XD
morg: that can be your new nickname... silverdapastaronifox
Obligatory furry code