Author Topic: Alphas (OOC)  (Read 6658 times)

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
Re: Alphas (OOC)
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2014, 09:58:49 pm »
I'm kinda feeling that this Rp is slowly getting more one sided to the anti-alpha aspect...
yah kinda i guess but something will happen unexpectedly to Griff. he will  get a softer heart towards Alphas and go undercover and become the unseen among the so called enemy. often making friends as he goes along. this is later in rp though
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2014, 10:07:39 pm »
Yeah, the alphas don't seem to be doing much more than retreating, though... They have controll of a military FOB full of weapons...
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2014, 10:08:12 pm »
My take on this whole arguement.

http://imgur.com/5VNZbrz

(Sarcasm intensifies.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:10:28 pm by The Wise one »
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2014, 10:18:10 pm »
Wise with his Comedy Gold.

Archangel looks over at WhtWolf. "An unfriendly person pursues selfish ends and against all sound judgment starts quarrels. Proverbs 18:1"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:20:42 pm by ColonelMustang »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2014, 10:33:28 pm »
...see now you're saying I said something I never said
i'm sure sledge is a great firefighter and I respect sledges willingness to lay down his life for fellow man

what i did say is that certification isn't the only thing that matters, experience is more important
what I do not respect is sledge trying to claim to be my better because he has a piece of paper that I was never able to obtain due to medical reasons despite the fact that the men in the past six generations of my family have been firefighters and soldiers, two things I CAN'T do.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2014, 10:44:11 pm »
I know all to well the forces that limit you that are outside your control...
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2014, 10:47:13 pm »
I both love it and hate it
if it hadn't been for my asthma,i'd be a firefighter, not a scientist
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2014, 10:51:23 pm »
Show me where I said I was better than you. Where I actually said it, not where you took it that I was attempting to say that.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2014, 10:54:12 pm »
I'm telling you it's not an explosive vapor under those conditions. It's just a flammable vapor. If you don't think there's a difference, you're flat out wrong. Naive is thinking those who do this professionally know less than you, who are an amateur.

right here

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2014, 10:56:00 pm »
When you think about it...not to bring anything up but even if there was venting, the pressure building up would have to be released just as or even faster than it was generated otherwise an explosion would occur. Depending on the amount of material.

And you think someone who legitimately believes themselves to be an angel wouldn't be in the military on grounds of insanity.  :D but also unfortunately nobody can trust any organisation these days.

Sidenote...just because people don't have degrees in a field, depending on the field, doesn't mean that they're any less knowledgeable, it just means that they can think about it in more creative ways. Kinda like physics and philosophy, it only takes a bit of logical thought and reasoning with a splash of research.

I'll say one thing, then I'm done. There's a reason one semester of fire academy contains over 470 hours of training. That wishful thinking will not only not save anyone else, it would likely get you or your whole squad killed. The smallest thing can cause death or worse. That is why a certification is better. Not only your squad, but civilians as well, know they can count on you.

I'm sorry. I tried to drop it, but this comment just... It could get people killed or worse. I had to say something.

and here

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2014, 10:58:50 pm »
No, I was simply saying that by the way you were speaking, those who are paid to do this stuff know less than you. I'm sorry you took it that way, though. I'm also sorry for any errors in the wording of that statement that might've led you to think that.

And in the second case, I was saying that due to trust issues, it's better to have a certificate stating that you've completed over 470 hours of training, as opposed to someone who hasn't. Nobody knows how well trained the other guy is.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2014, 11:08:31 pm »
I accept your apology...and i'm sorry I came off in such a manner

You know what they say, the difference between science and jail are permission and records
I've recorded all but a few of my experiments, that's why my notes on gasoline vapor are in a box somewhere,it's one of the easiest things to obtain and thats why it was one of the first things I tested

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2014, 11:29:55 pm »
I just plain hate the limitations...but that's for personal reasons.

And I'm also fascinated by science and chemestry, a little in physics too. I'd say my favorite element is either Sodium or Lead.

The scientific process is very laborious in just the paperwork needed to show consistency and possible errors as well as previous data and recorded changes due to variables. It's great when it comes to experiments but rather boring/ fascinating when you calculate differences, depending on what changed. Police work is very paper oriented too, usually when you see a cop parked on the side of the road either writing or using his laptop s/he's absolutely working on papers...it's crazy how much paperwork is needed on even the simplest of actions on their part.

Wait a sec...if the alphas have a base of weapons, why aren't they using any?
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2014, 11:54:13 pm »
I do have one last thing to say about the gas incident

It's an odd coincidence that there was suddenly rain when you decided to fight someone who uses fire sledge

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2014, 12:08:31 am »
Yeah that is a bit suspect, because that means my bullets wouldn't be super heated, just super soggy.  >:(
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2014, 12:11:26 am »
Yeah that is a bit suspect, because that means my bullets wouldn't be super heated, just super soggy.  >:(
bullets fly fast enough to,be relatively unaffected...I really don't see the point in superheated bullets though (other than anti armor) depending on the bullet it may cauterize the wound it creates

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2014, 12:12:40 am »
Which is perfect for me! I mean I have mean collecting incisors after all
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2014, 12:15:53 am »
I honestly didnt think of the whole fire thing... I was just in the mood for rain... Although, superheated water = steam = cover; both thermal and visible.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2014, 12:16:32 am »
Will that mobile cover is all nice and dandy......I honestly forgot I had guns
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2014, 12:39:35 am »
I think it started to drizzle before the literal firefight, even with the rain, it could potentially make the cryokenesis more effective.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2014, 12:44:14 am »
I think it started to drizzle before the literal firefight, even with the rain, it could potentially make the cryokenesis more effective.
except that you ran away

please come back and help raid the FOB?

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2014, 12:52:09 am »
But like it was also stated, there's already fellows that can do that already.

That and Scott wants almost nothing do do with them despite being one as he's lazy and content to blend right in with society.

Plus...if it was already that important wouldn't it have been raided earlier...I was really wondering why none of the npc alphas mentioned already  don't have guns and aren't using them.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2014, 01:39:23 am »
But like it was also stated, there's already fellows that can do that already.

That and Scott wants almost nothing do do with them despite being one as he's lazy and content to blend right in with society.

Plus...if it was already that important wouldn't it have been raided earlier...I was really wondering why none of the npc alphas mentioned already  don't have guns and aren't using them.

to be fair all of the npc aplhas not brought in by valkyries so far(to my knowledge) have included a convenience store clerk,An old man, and two pyrokinetics

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2014, 09:16:17 am »
(A skylight in a military base? ...

As for being OP. the armor is precisely what makes them OP...not for the abilities, but for the well...armor
most alphas don't have any projectile attacks...you guys could easily kill an entire army of us, and for two, the armor you have...military grade armor is made with ceramics, that takes care of any alphas with pyrokinesis, and it's body armor, made to stop bullets...which means it can almost definitely stop and ice that doesn't have a crushing force behind it

I really hate to complain like this...I love the concept and all...but it isn't doable for the alphas, even now that they have equipment...turning this into a gunfight just takes away from the point of the powers, not to mention, history has proven time and time again, tactics beat numbers...you guys are supersoldiers we're...untrained freaks with guns)

Then leave. Because, now, not only have I let you get away with arguing in the thread once, you've also completely ignored my post about not starting conversations in the thread.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2014, 09:46:07 am »
I half wish that Scott was more of a go getter. >< maybe then he'd see more action.
Mate of WereCat