Author Topic: First female as new Doctor Who?  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
First female as new Doctor Who?
« on: July 16, 2017, 06:41:33 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/07/16/doctor-everything-need-know-jodie-whittaker-first-female-13th/

It's true. This is not fake news. The 13th Doctor in the long running sci-fi series Doctor Who will be played by a female.  :o  While many people and fans are shocked and/or are against having a female play the lead character, I myself am taking a "wait and see" approach to how well the actress does playing the character and so forth. What are everybody else's thoughts?

The new Doctor?

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: First female as new Doctor Who?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 06:47:34 pm »
I couldn't care less. It's been canon for ages that timelords can change gender. The Master was a woman at one point. People are getting bent out of shape for no reason.

Not to mention the actress already has some good sci-fi credentials.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 06:58:40 pm by Loc »

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Clinker

• Male
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 09:49:04 pm »
Yeah. Not to fussed about it. Master turned to Missy. Mind you this happens with most New Doctors. "What were they thinking?!" And when they regenerate "no, they cant go now!".
Give this new actress a chance.  :)
Mind you, it'll be funny seeing how the Doctor as a character reacts to the change  :goldwink:

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 11:37:58 pm »
All I've heard on Facebook is mostly people whining and complaining about the new Doctor. As I said before, I'll take a "wait and see" attitude about the whole situation. But let me ask this: Where is it written or mentioned anywhere in the entire Dr. Who universe that a Galifreyan timelord must regenerate into the same gender over and over and over, etc. again?

Offline Rainy

• Species: Rabbit
  • Looking for more than dreams.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 07:38:31 pm »
I couldn't care less. It's been canon for ages that timelords can change gender. The Master was a woman at one point. People are getting bent out of shape for no reason.

Not to mention the actress already has some good sci-fi credentials.

Basically this ^

It's kind of unerving for me that people are complaining about it so much especially since the series has established that the doctor can change genders. Personally I would love to see an alien doctor as well since that too has been established, maybe later though. As for the current state of the doctor I think it's kind of cool as long as it isn't for political reasons.  (:
No matter how bad the storm is, there's always a rainbow at the end.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 08:51:17 pm »
I recall there being female time lords such as Romana. The recent Ghostbusters reboot also comes to mind.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)