Author Topic: Facebook accounts?  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Facebook accounts?
« on: April 07, 2018, 03:56:50 pm »
Just curious, but does anybody here have 2 or more Facebook accounts? Can you create more than one FB account for the same person or is that not allowed? I currently have my primary account that I use for model kit building purposes. I want to create another secondary furry based account. Has anybody ever had trouble from FB for having multiple accounts from the same person?

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Facebook accounts?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 05:03:28 pm »
I use two, for various reasons - one with my real name and one fake. Never had issues.
Several people I know have two with their real names and identical information, as their main one keeps getting temp banned for breaking rules. They've never had any issues for having multiple accounts.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 05:18:33 pm »
Well, the secondary FB account I created for furry purposes uses a second email I have. So, I'm hoping that will be ok. And I don't plan to have identical information on both accounts either.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 07:16:55 pm »
I think if you use a second email and a different name you should be fine.

I think you should question your morals, however, wanting to deceive such an upstanding and honest company such as.... yeah, I can't even finish that :p
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 02:00:19 am »
I have one. it was supposed to be deleted by facebook two weeks ago. I'm still using it to visit pages.

I would think if you used two different emails then you could set up two different accounts. It's not like facebook says one account per household.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 11:27:20 am »
I never was a fan of Facebook. I went there to sign up
a few years ago and was turned off by all the personal
questions they wanted me to answer.

So I signed up as Roger Raccoon.  :P

I haven't been on FB for over 2 years,
so if you visit Rogers account  Don't
expect a response.

I use email to visit my friends, or PM here. I
used to use Yahoo Messenger, but when they
changed it I quit that. I visit my with my GF
on Googles Hangout.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:51:49 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 11:17:45 am »
I set up an account over three years ago, but limit the personal info--such as my current job--posted on the site. Someone bent on doing personal harm could use that to his/her advantage. I manage three pages--mine, my local non-profit public service organization chapter, and one for local furries.

I was told to set up the non-profit's page by a superior and seveal people placed higher up in the chain of command follow it. It was odd that few it the local group would follw the page, like they couldn't be bothered. Several of them had to be told old school that we had an FB page. It was mentioned in the quarterly newsletter and in documents, but apparently ignored. I also sense some sandbagging.  Finally, I was relieved of duty "for not setting up a FB page". That's the trouble with outsiders coming in to take over, they think nothing happens until after they arrive on the scene. My what the heck moment came the first meeting upon return fom camp. I was "fired" over an I-phone just moments before the meeting ended. Official  notice came 48 hours later.

A milestone birthday to be celebrated on the next meeting but instead I transferred to a chapter in a neighboring county. A few weeks later, I discovered that a "rouge" FB account was set up by the very folks I told that we already have a FB account. In this organization, there are specific guidelines for setting up and managing social media. There was a somewhat heated exchange with someone at the national level and I got my chapter's IT guy involved. Each social media account is to have two administrators--one of them at a higher level. So now the national director of public affairs is an admin on the page.

In his litany of laments during the what the heck moment, the leader said that we needed to be on several social media sites besides FB. So after a few weeks, a search only turned up the rouge FB page. Official guidlines call for only one social media site per chapter. I reported the rouge page to a superior and it was soon shut down. The page reactivated a few months later, so I invited the superior to "Like" the page and it was shut down again. Once more the page reactivated. So I invited the state level leader to "Like" the page. Again it was shut down. Now an account was started on Digg
Someone thought this old howler would just shuffle along with his tail tucked between his legs, unable to push back with limited resources. They were sadly misinformed.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 05:01:06 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline DutchWolf

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 06:56:36 pm »
I think if you use a second email and a different name you should be fine.

I think you should question your morals, however, wanting to deceive such an upstanding and honest company such as.... yeah, I can't even finish that :p

Lol do not get me started on Facebook's moral code. they actually Perma-deleted my account without warning because of my analysis work for an independent millitary related news site covering the Syria/Yemen conflict i was linked to trough Facebook.

I do not know why Facebook thinks this kind of stuff works.... the only result it had was that everyone asked me why i vanished from Facebook without any trace.

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 12:22:25 am »
 Speaking of Facebook, I've been thinking about deleting my account on there, and going back to only using forums/YIM.

Every now and then...

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2018, 12:42:55 am »
I made an account around the time I first joined Furtopia but I haven't touched the account in about the same amount of years.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 10:00:45 pm »
Still very much active on mine 2015 I think is when I made a Facebook account
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 09:55:49 pm »
The Facebook page I was advised to set up 40 months ago is officially linked to the state-level website. Staff at the local level still ignore it.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)