Author Topic: What Are You Up To?  (Read 121970 times)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Re: What Are You Up To?
« Reply #2375 on: October 30, 2021, 08:24:27 pm »
Trying to befriend a new fox. There have been two or three different ones in the area in the past two months. At least the lead cottontail--"The Queen"--shows up regularly, and avoids predators.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2376 on: October 31, 2021, 12:04:25 am »
I am currently wasting my life doing things no one cares about.
I was supposed to be doing something constructive.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2377 on: October 31, 2021, 01:13:04 pm »
Nothing much. Just working on the computer.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2378 on: November 05, 2021, 08:35:01 pm »
I am waiting on a package from the island of Rhodes in Greece to arrive.  It is a tiny part worth only about $8, Shipping was thankfully only $8.  He was the ONLY person in the world with the part I needed, so far as I could find.

I am also trying to wind down after a lot of work today.  Lots of stress, and the caffeine I drank to get through the day is now making me rather sick.

Need to refill printer cartridges, so will do that later.
Wanda my dog has a little upset in her stomach (as always) so I am trying to quell that as well.
Need to do house chores, and such and get food. 
Most of this will never get done before work starts on Monday.
 :(
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2379 on: November 06, 2021, 09:58:48 pm »
Now that event dates have been posted, and there's no conflict, I'm planning to host a breakout session on The Care & Feeding of Mascots. If approved, it will occur at an upcoming CAP Wing Conference in April. MCFC 2022 happens in March. I'll submit my idea this weekend.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2380 on: December 04, 2021, 12:16:18 pm »
Ordered more uniform supplies.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2381 on: December 09, 2021, 09:34:03 pm »
Currently working on painting some model parts to add to a ship that I'll be taking to a contest this weekend.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2382 on: December 14, 2021, 11:23:07 pm »
Koabuk, how did your ship do?

I have a thumb drive on the way. Should get here on the 16. Be able to get my PS4 back up and running. Still wont be able to update No Man's Sky until I get all new equipment. But at least I can play what I have.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2383 on: December 16, 2021, 03:46:16 am »
PS4 back up and running!
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2384 on: December 18, 2021, 07:53:43 pm »
Nothing. I'm bored. :(

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2385 on: December 19, 2021, 10:33:13 pm »
In the middle of making four loaves of bread. Just got done dividing 7 bags of chocolates into two boxes. It's been a tradition for years for me. Buying my mom and brother a box of Zachary chocolates. This year there were non to be had. So I improvised.
Christmas tree is decked. About 200 ornaments less than I'd normally put on it. It's funny, I don't miss them. Going light on the decking this year. Leaving most of the house as it. It's nice having folks over and they see my house. Not what usually looks like a Christmas resale shop.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #2386 on: December 21, 2021, 07:42:10 pm »
Waiting excitedly for my Christmas lunch with my great aunt and cousins.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2387 on: January 24, 2022, 02:02:23 pm »
Went to the post office and library earlier. Now home and working on a model kit.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2388 on: January 24, 2022, 05:42:47 pm »
Working from home. 
I have a lot on my mind, things I wish I could talk about because it bothers me.  So I am mostly working and also worrying.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2389 on: February 06, 2022, 11:00:52 am »
Submitted videos to FPS. Working on another video, a slide presentation actually. Getting my tax info together to drop off with my tax guy next week.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2390 on: February 06, 2022, 12:07:41 pm »
 I've been asked to go visit parents.  I've been told recently my dad has not been himself cognitively.  I'm worried why I'm being asked to go there.  Scared to learn something line bad news. 
I will go.  And bring Wanda my dog ( rather she is going and dragging her hooman slave along). Idk what to do.  May walk Wanda while there. 
(Name that tune!)

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #2391 on: February 07, 2022, 07:53:49 pm »
I have some winter projects in the works. Two for the Radio Board (http://theradioboard.com/rb/) a simple AM BCB receiver and an FM, "pulse counting" receiver. At least this doesn't involve being out in the cold.  (:
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2392 on: February 12, 2022, 09:49:06 am »
Gotta pay for my tax prep and pick up the paperwork. Scanning old slides to post eventually. Need to pick a video submission for FPS--or not.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2393 on: February 14, 2022, 08:58:03 pm »
Resting after speed-walking the dog.  Rather she walked me.

I had a lady bystander say this...
"my my I wonder who is the alpha in that relationship!"  meaning my dog wanda was clearly pulling me along.

I wish I could wear my fur suit to her house and see what she says then...
Whos the alpha now?

(she probably will be)
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #2394 on: February 16, 2022, 10:37:03 am »
Today I'm gonna be cleaning up around my camp after yesterday's sandstorm, clearing away debris, moving trash, and making room for my brand new yurt style bell tent.
With luck I'll have that set up today and can stop sleeping in my car.
Wish me luck.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2395 on: February 16, 2022, 07:25:34 pm »
Got an oil change, then came home and cleaned out the cat's litter box. Bracing for a rain shower.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2396 on: February 19, 2022, 04:55:22 pm »
Changing my primary email address. Ya'll know i just bought a car. I find out that GM financing sells your information. They were kind enough to send me a letter telling me they will continue to sell my info for YEARS to come. I'll do the legal thing and right them a letter telling them to stop. I get notified that my primary email address in on the dark web. So I've set up a new one and will delete the old one soon. There's a good 30 places on the web I"m going to have to change my address on. In the mean time I'll be changing my old primary email address's pass word on a daily basis.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2397 on: February 20, 2022, 11:21:52 pm »
Published my second video of the year. Trying to get the nuances of the new video program ironed out. Basically a slide show, but have some future movie shorts in mind.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2398 on: February 21, 2022, 01:36:00 am »
Spent a few hours today trying to match an oil color without using white. Guess this needs a bit of explaining. The color I was matching is called 'Naples Yellow'. Most manufacturers sell a hue or mixed version of this color. All of them use titanium white in the mix. Real Naples yellow is lead based and highly toxic and carcinogenic. You can still buy the original color. As long as you don't mind paying $80+ for a small tube of paint that can either kill you or give you cancer. So why not use white to mix this color? White oil paints, whether it's titanium or lead based, are very bad to use when trying to lighten up a shadow or dark area. Even a small about will muddy or 'milk' the color. I came close today using 'Bismuth Yellow', 'Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide' and 'Mars Black'.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2399 on: February 21, 2022, 10:49:41 am »
Trying to do work, not interested in this work.
I would rather re-live yesterday.

Took Wanda on a 3 hour long walk, she slowly settled down and started to obey a little.
It was her 2nd birthday, she ate a steak, walked and then we had pizza, no joke.
While I was waiting on the pizza slices, (they were behind) I drank 4 small sodas at the place and gave Wanda water 2 times.  We were dry.

So I am wishing I could do more of that stuff.  I lost weight, gained muscles, feel better, slept better, etc.  More at peace now too.
I hate how my job sucks all my time. 

Maybe I should find a way to do something else.

(Name that tune!)