not-so-furry discussion > general non-furry discussion

The Milsurp Thread

<< < (3/6) > >>

Rocket T. Coyote:
There are a few sources for milsurp online. Some carry domestic militaria, some have overseas militaria, a few may have both.  Sometimes the larger size clothing items are pro-rated as those are in greater demand.

Kobuk:
There's a military surplus store about 15-20 or so miles from me. I don't go to it that often unless hitching a ride with a friend. The majority of stuff is World War II vintage. But there is occasionally some Korean, Vietnam, or other modern stuff. Most of the time, I just go there to browse, but not buy. I tend to look from time to time to see if they have any new books that might interest me.

Jade Sinapu:
I didn't think of books being at military surplus.

Do they ever have radio direction finding apparatuses?

Rocket T. Coyote:

--- Quote from: Jade Sinapu on September 21, 2021, 08:58:42 pm ---I didn't think of books being at military surplus.

Do they ever have radio direction finding apparatuses?

--- End quote ---

Plenty of field manuals out there. The Survival manual is quite popular. Radio gear is offered on occasion, but rarely. Field phones are fun to collect too.

Rocket T. Coyote:
Donated my M1950 tent to my CAP squadron a few weeks ago, along with a Yukon stove. They're sure to get some use out of it. Also dropped off a couple Army cots so the adults don't have to sleep on the ground. May have  few more stashed out back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version