Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
word games / Re: Disused Names
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on March 31, 2024, 09:41:41 am »
Prudence
word games / Re: The last thing you bought.
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on March 31, 2024, 08:45:47 am »
A box of CCI .22 Magnum cartridges.
general non-furry discussion / Re: Random Thought For The Day
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on March 31, 2024, 08:42:57 am »
So far, Batman movies have featured the villains Catwoman, The Joker, Mr. Freeze, Two-Face, The Riddler, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, and The Penguin. Could King Tut be in the works. They could get Steve Martin to play the role and a rendition of King Tut could be performed during the screenplay.
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Last post by Firelight on March 30, 2024, 08:33:52 pm »
I'm sick  :(
general furry discussion / Re: Non-performance uses for Fursuits?
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on March 30, 2024, 02:51:45 pm »
Tack it over a hole in the wall.
general non-furry discussion / Re: What Are You Up To?
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on March 30, 2024, 07:53:58 am »
Working on a few short videos for FPS. Also a few things for my panel at next week's con.
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Good News" thread.
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on March 30, 2024, 07:51:34 am »
Received a settlement check in the amount of $415 this week. This almost evens out the wheel bearing expense.
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on March 30, 2024, 07:47:30 am »
Everyone seems to have bailed on Mom this week. That--or it's memory issues. A brother from out-of-town is slated to take her to church tonight, but she's heard nothing from him. I may have to step in.
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Good News" thread.
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on March 28, 2024, 01:18:05 am »
Okay Kobuk I know you are pro Dew, but dang it! No coke at slime-way? I mean sub way?

I loves me a frosty coke!

My good news? I now own a working piece of test equipment that still costs $8000, plus a calibrating kit costing $5000 and a noise source that costs $2000. Holy cow man!
The noise source cost me a few hundred,  the test equipment was free i just had to repair it.  And the calibration kit was almost free.  I even have an accessory item costing another$4000 ( i paid one hundred) I just had to repair a bad connector!!  It is scary I have stuff supposedly costing almost $20,000 sitting in a room... and i paid only about 300, OMG. What a burden to take care of this stuff! And thing is,  every few years, if I don't replace 2 special batteries,  the main item dies forever.  I have to do a special thing when switching in new batteries to preserve memory.  I've done it once and idk if I can do it again!

With all this junk,  I can do measurements of things most people can't.  I could turn this into a small time side hustle.  I could charge a small fee to test items etc and provide measurements.
Worst case is sell it individually for what I listed here.  But this junk is a one in a life time set. What a dellimma!!

I'm addicted to buying damaged test equipment, repairing it,  etc.
I need to stop!! :goldlaugh:

« Last post by Jade Sinapu on March 28, 2024, 01:02:45 am »
Hi Rocket ,
Sounds like although that's a bit of dough, it's not bad.
To do my front wheel bearings,  the parts cost is at least $250 and it takes me 2 hours work and I know what to do etc. 
Glad you got that fixed before it seized up!

My bad news is... seems I have no friends anymore.  And work is habitually demanding 12+ hour days 5 to 6 days per week.  Duration unknown.  I'm tired.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10