Author Topic: Character List and Character Discussion  (Read 9171 times)

Offline HazardJackal

Character List and Character Discussion
« on: July 07, 2013, 08:34:34 pm »
So, this has been a problem for me, and probably many others... i just can't keep track of all these characters, so i have a solution; make a post for yourself, that will be 'your page' that you will put character cards on, and if you wish, extensive bios.  i will start with my own characters, and it would be great if all other RP players could do the same, to help this become a great resource for us all.

(Gathering Building char cards now)

Here is a skeleton char card:

Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Personality:
Combat:

If you guys want to, you could print this out too, so you don't have to go back so often.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 06:12:43 pm by Tren »

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
Re: GLOBAL CHARACTER LIST
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 08:50:17 pm »
Could someone actually pin this page, it would be extremely useful for us RP folk. I'll list all my guys soon

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 08:53:23 pm »
Could someone actually pin this page, it would be extremely useful for us RP folk. I'll list all my guys soon

I'll have to discuss that with the other staff first. Might take awhile.

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 09:31:24 pm »

As will I. After I add the two new ones and a weapons section to those already in my notepad.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 11:43:33 pm »
I take it you guys forgot about this?  I have all of my [current] characters up and ready.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:57:06 pm by Trenyth »

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 11:54:36 pm »
I've been meaning to get a list up, I'll start basic and add more as I have time

Name: Acheron
Race: Buck
Appearance:
Personality:
Combat:

Name: Raoul
Race: Feline
Personality:
Combat:

Name: Malice
Race: Snake(Changes types for diff. RPs)
Personality:
Combat:

Name: Atlas
Race: Bull(May change to a ram)
Personality:
Combat:

Name: Celera
Race: Equine(Unicorn when in a special RP)
Personality:
Combat:

Name: Elle
Race: Bovine
Personality:
Combat:

Name: Sabrina/Recher
Race: Husky
Personality:
Combat:

Name: Lacy
Race: Giraffe(May change to goat)
Personality:
Combat:

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 11:57:16 pm »
I take it that i have a lot of characters compared to most of you guys... that seem like a bad thing to me for some reason, like they aren't as fleshed out or something... is that entirely true?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 12:01:15 am »
i'll put the file link up eventually
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 06:49:00 pm »
Well, i have so many friggin characters ima have to make an entire second page... and the list jus keeps on grow'n too.

I'll have em up soon.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 10:25:07 pm »
Just wanted to put this on paper so i will remind myself to finish it up; I will be completely overhauling almost half of my characters, and am already in the middle of doing so.  Some people are changing race, some are changing backstories, and some are being removed outright.

Desmos is being rebuilt from the ground up, and the only features he will retain are name, race, and appearance. the same goes for Cobius.

Koogi is being brought back, but actually has a (mostly) working brain now, and will have some actual useful skills.  He's also not as hyper, but he's still rather annoying, kinda the way Claptrap is.

I am also going to start using Seyla and Rem, as they are gathering dust on a shelf.  Yes, i keep them all on a shelf when i'm not using them.

I'll put up more details and whatnot as i start getting this stuff finished.

OOO! Awsome idea!  So totatly have to make a character out of an alligator snapping turtle!  He'd be INVINCIBLE!!! *Manical laughter*

OOO! Awsome idea!  So totatly have to make a character out of an alligator snapping turtle!  He'd be INVINCIBLE!!! *Manical laughter*

So it would appear that THIS is the exact moment i created the idea for ANVIL.  You know, that bloody psychopath who shoved Ynves off a roof during K&Q?  Oh, you didn't read that far in?  Eh, that's okay, you didn't miss THAT much.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 08:31:47 pm by HazardJackal »

Offline HazardJackal

Re: Global character list and character discussion
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 06:01:11 pm »
Nearly all the information that used to be on this page is outdated by nearly a year.  New cards will be up... When they get up.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:37:02 pm by Trenyth »

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 01:52:02 am »
I think it is important for me to note that as far as my characters go, human dress codes mean nothing. Granted, it is considered slightly... peculiar for someone to go around not wear anything, but most of the time, unless specified, i don't see most anyone wearing any more than a few belts and satchels. For example, i normally see Jenzar as a bipedal wolverine with two belts in an X across her chest, one around her waist, and a machete in a sheath by her side. I see Temya, Ghar, and Gnarko pretty much in the same way. This has in part to do with the fact that i see my characters (and all characters) as bi-pedal animals. The only human features are posture and dexterity. Male and female are distinguishable by a slightly differing posture, but mainly through voice and personality. With the character's head especially, i see it as exactly as i can to the animal the character is derived from, so no human real human features facial expressions and mouth movement during speech is modified to a more human standard however. Certain character's have more or less clothing, from Kyo who is normally in full western getup, to Slate, who wears absolutely nothing (Though, it makes more sense with him, because he's a pangolin.)

I'm sure i've posted about this before, but i wanted to go into more detail this time.  Anyway, i'm sure this is all quite interesting to you, as it's pretty much entirely irrelevant to you, but i felt i needed to get out it there, regardless of if anyone cares or not.

I'm also assuming that more than a few of you have noticed the near complete lack of sexual attraction or actions with my characters.  I have no feelings for anyone, nor do i plan on having any, so i have no way of playing someone who does.  this might be a disappointment to at least a few of you, but that's just too bad; i just have no interest, i prefer friendship to romance thank you, less drama that way.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:33:35 pm by Trenyth »

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 04:24:47 am »
I wouldn't be suprized if I had more characters than the top 6 RPers combined.  Here's a few more soon-to-be-tortured souls for you lot to gawk at.

And once again, this page of info is completely outdated...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 05:32:22 pm by Trenyth »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 12:01:19 pm »
Since I'm tired of typing out all the info each and every time I enter an Rp, I figure it's finally time to post my characters.

Name: Blades Tavare
Race: Raccoon (20% Wolf)
Appearance: Stands 6'3", lanky but toned, emerald green eyes, blue tribal markings over the left side of his face, torso, and left arm, wolfish teeth, brown hair that covers his right eye.
Personality: Hot-headed and arrogant but is usually kind if not a little too generous. Has a good moral compass
Combat: Never without his M1911, Blades is also comfortable with any assault rifle.

Name: Mira Hartman
Race: Prairie Falcon
Appearance: Stands 5'8", average build, bright blue eyes, long red hair, typical prairie falcon feather colors.
Personality: Fun-loving and smart but has some apparent anxiety problems.
Combat: Usually not much for fighting but is well-versed in capoeira and passable with handguns.

Name: Faye Cooper
Race: African Lion
Appearance: Stands 5'11", skinny build, olive green eyes, shoulder length dirty blonde hair, standard African lioness coat.
Personality: Genuine but with a no-nonsense attitude, tends to get lost in thought at times. Holds loyalty above all.
Combat: Loves sniper rifles paired with a hefty caliber revolver. in the melee department, she can wield a hand axe masterfully.

Name: Leon Voltin
Race: Arctic Wolf
Appearance: Stands 6'1", blue-gray eyes, standard arctic wolf coat but with green pawpads, usually has a gauntlet on his left arm.
Personality: Cool, calm, and often a bit conceited but tough as nails on the inside.
Combat: Skilled with his arming sword, not well versed with guns but always has some grenades on hand.

Name: Isabella "Izzy" Moniz
Race: Rabbit
Appearance: Pure black fur, dark green-brown eyes, lot of piercings in her ears
Personality: Crazy and a bit obnoxious, generally hates authority. Is rather bi-polar and unstable without her sister Chanel
Combat: A veteran street fighter, good with small weapons like a knife or tire iron. Good with sub-machine guns and light caliber revolvers

Name: Chanel Moniz
Race: Rabbit
Appearance: Black fur with a couple white patches, brown eyes, minimal amount of piercings in her ears.
Personality: Quiet and stoic for her age. Has an unspoken strength about her but is nice if you strike up a conversation with her.
Combat: Skilled with magnums and good with assault rifles. Uses sharp weapons in close quarters.

more to come later...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 12:22:36 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 02:21:35 am »
I wouldn't be suprized if I had more characters than the top 6 RPers combined.  Here's a few more soon-to-be-tortured souls for you lot to gawk at.

Dont worry my friend. you dont.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 04:39:18 pm »
I wouldn't be suprized if I had more characters than the top 6 RPers combined.  Here's a few more soon-to-be-tortured souls for you lot to gawk at.

Dont worry my friend. you dont.

How bout you prove it?

At my last counting I had over fiffty, but the number is proably even larger now.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 04:42:17 pm »
For me personally, including the characters whose cards I still need to post, I think I have eleven so you easily beat me! At the bare minimum I'd say you have at least as many characters as the top 6 RPers.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:09:06 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 12:17:24 am »
oh my..... Trenyth, I dont bother counting, there are those who are fleshed out, the names, the ideas with no names, the.... Its a headache I dont need, counting them.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 02:57:17 pm »
Well, I have complete or mostly complete entries for the following characters:

Garbles Hoghead

Jenzar Dyret

Jerry Cabbage

Amyen Verraad

Punjar (Stayer of Destiny)

Gnarko (Jughead) Pateta

Harris Thatcher

Gnargle Toothface

Kyne (The Red Demon)

Slate

Jethlyn

Kyo Orkaat

Kazek Jharo

Meak Veridis

I haven't even started all of the entries yet, and few of my human and goblin characters have been worked on yet.  When it gets here (and it will get here) there will be far more information than anyone would ever want to read.

Nope, not true anymore.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:26:14 am by Trenyth »

Offline sarngier

• Species: Ethereal lion
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 03:18:48 am »
KARTH
male
red panda

SARNGIER
male
bandurian

OSLO
male
goblin

"Illusion is needed to disguise the emptiness within."
Read more at

Offline sarngier

• Male
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 08:23:56 pm »
name: sarngier
race: bandurian
combat: melee
weapons: warhammer, fists and teeth

name: karth
race: red panda
combat: melee
weapons: chitin katar, claws, fangs and knives

name: oslo
race: goblin
combat: ranged/ melee
weapons: bow, short sword
Read more at

Offline sarngier

• Male
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 10:26:24 pm »
(complete characters list)
Name: sarngier
Race: bandurian
Combat: melee
weapons: warhammer

Name: karth
Race: red panda
weapons: chitin katar, knives, fangs and claws

Name: oslo
Race: goblin
Combat: ranged/ melee
weapons: re-curve bow and a shortsword

Name: kento
Race: ferret
Combat: ranged/ melee
weapons: short bow, miniature crossbow, short sword, throwing knives and various poisons

Name: coragh
Race: dingo
Combat: melee/ ranged
weapons: spiked warclub, throwing harpoon, bola and a crossbow

Name: fang
Race: dire wolf
weapons: longsword, shortsword, two daggers claws, and teeth

Read more at

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 02:26:30 pm »
Would you like a 7000+ word list of my characters?  Of course you wouldn't!  Well too bad, you're going to get one, and it will be glorious.  Already got about 10 entries done, and 30+ partway along.  When it's done, it will have 50+ characters, all of which will be fleshed out, developed, and ready for use in RPs.  I get the feeling you're wondering how i could ever possibly have that many characters, and my answer is this: To you, 80% of them are NPCs.  That don't make them any less important in my eyes, so expect me to treat them like player characters, because that's exactly what i'm going to do.

Anyway, the list will be up in a few months at the latest, and it will be continually updated and expanded from then on out.

EDIT:  The list is coming along just beautifully!

EDIT EDIT: I've ended up changing the race of a few of my characters.  Nothing too extreme, but it seemed too cliched, having so many foxes.  Down to one now. (hurrah for jackals!)  Also, i'm finally getting around to typing out the info for my newer characters, like Mynyah and Syn.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I think it's a bit funny how some of these characters come to be... the origin stories for our characters... we should have a thread for that.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: I rearranged the list some, and i think some of the changes will surprise you... You'll see... eventually...

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: It's interesting, how these things work out.  Some characters stick, and some don't.  It just surprises me sometimes that certain half-baked characters end up sticking around, when other, much more promising ones, don't.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: I should really just make a new post now...  Meh...  Anyway, what i wanted to say was that the list will almost certainly be here by the end of the month.  I made a section for unfinished characters, so that cuts out a big chunk of the work i would have had to do immediately.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Nearing 9000 words.  How's that for progress?

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Make that 9500 words!  8)

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: I could actually post the list right now, but since none of you will care anyway, i figure i should work on it some more so that i have a better feeling of accomplishment.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Ha, now i'm adding in things that i've never even seen in anyone else's character cards, like voice, and field notes of the character from an outside point of view, and example quotes, and... daw, who am i kidding; you don't give a damn, no matter how much i want you to!  Hah, hahah, ah haha hah ahah hah ha ahah hahaha!!!!

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: HAHAHA!!! 10300 words, you better believe it sukaz!  8)

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Actually, regarding the field notes and example quotes, those will only be for certain characters, and will be only viewable to me.  Not that you lot would have cared anyway.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Just hit 11111 words.  I'd say it's coming along, wouldn't you?  Of course not, you're never even going to read this!  Ahah ah hah ha ahah haha!

FINAL EDIT: Years later, i'm keeping this the way it was.  Makes no sense since i've deleted all the needed context, but hell if this wasn't entertaining to read.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 08:27:11 pm by HazardJackal »

Offline HazardJackal

Re: Global Character List and Character Discussion
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 06:21:39 pm »
Moved the content of this post to the RP discussion thread.

In other news, here is one of the current character cards.  More may be added later.

NAME: Kazek Jharo
RACE: Spotted Hyena
APPEARANCE: Yellowish coat of fur, dotted with blotches of brown.   He’s big, 6 ft. 8, and well-muscled. His appearance alone is enough to make many people cower, and he’s even scarier when he’s upset.  Brown eyes that burn with a fury. His voice is as brash as and as gruff as he is, with an Australian accent.  Preferred Clothing: Something functional.
PERSONALITY: Kazek is sadistic and brutal, though he is actually rather ashamed of his violent nature, and does his best to make up for it by being nice to a few people on occasion.  His heart is often in the right place, but his actions almost always seem to cause problems for others.  He is brash, headstrong, and uncooperative. He is easily frustrated in unfamiliar situations, and will often turn violent when upset. Integrity Score: 4. Social Skills Score: 3.
COMBAT: Typically, whatever he takes into battle was made with his own hands.  He’s made crossbows, axes, shotguns, grenades, and even makes his own shells and bullet casings on occasion.  Oh yeah, and once IN combat he’s not exactly something you want to be anywhere near. Reckless in the extreme, charges head-on into the fight, guns blazing.  Favored weapons: Custom-Made Weapons. Combat Skill Score: 5.
OTHER: Excellent improvisation skills, and very resourceful.  A skilled mechanic and builder. Kazek was the first character I made as of coming to the forums, created for War Wolves, though he ended up not being used for that RP.

EDIT: This isn't actually too bad.  But of course i had to go the extra hundred miles and bury myself under a massive self-imposed workload that caused me to abandon the entire project.  Hey, that' actually kinda foreshadowing of a lot of my more recent projects.  Huh.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 08:28:37 pm by HazardJackal »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Re: Global Character List and Character Discussion
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 04:52:06 pm »
geez treny
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:01:22 pm by SeaOfWhispers »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke