Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 70725 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #850 on: October 09, 2022, 05:42:28 pm »
Spam emails. Would you believe it! One hundred and nine, 109, viruses have been found on my Windows computer!! One hundred and nine of them! On my Windows computer. Guess I'll have to get a Windows computer. This is a Mac.  :D
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #851 on: November 20, 2022, 03:17:50 pm »
Cylists who ride against the traffic flow. Nearly hit one while turning onto the road home. He emerged from behind a gravel train, so couldn't be seen with moments to react.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #852 on: November 21, 2022, 02:39:47 am »
First shift is still going home in eight hours wile we have to stay 10.  Now they expect us to fix their mistakes as well. This is getting old.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #853 on: December 03, 2022, 06:54:36 pm »
New rules on FaceBook means they have to let anyone join any page. Lots of spam going on right now.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #854 on: December 10, 2022, 02:33:57 pm »
Knowing I'll be working eight hours on a Saturday knowing full well day shift will either work four or not show up at all. You have no idea how disappointing it is to work with bad management.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #855 on: December 12, 2022, 11:58:13 am »
Knowing I'll be working eight hours on a Saturday knowing full well day shift will either work four or not show up at all. You have no idea how disappointing it is to work with bad management.

I do.

My company expects us to work weekends and days off to make schedule.  Bad management.  Bad decisions.  We have lost 30 engineers in 3 years.  IN a company of ~65 people?
I hang on because despite all that I know I have it good in some ways.  (Experience tells me this, aka "it could be worse!")

What grinds my gears at this moment is how people get irate about small things, and how no one has thick skin.  If we all are easily hurt by the tiniest thing, how can we coexist?
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #856 on: December 21, 2022, 02:13:34 pm »
I recently bought a new car. Now I'm getting messages from them about offers and merch. I'm not interested in Chevy underwear. So I delete and block. Apparently they work like spam. Hundreds of addresses to keep sending this my way. I don't read it. I delete and block. Now they are sending me stuff through the mail. Now I can delete, block and toss.  And speaking of my car. it has Onstar. Something the dealership activated. I got a message from onstar. Wile I was driving. It was not only loud but it also changed my dashboard settings. Wile I was driving. I no longer had a digital speedometer. I was looking at my trip mileage readout. Wile I was driving. How thoughtful. After the holidays I'm going to do one of two things. Going to the dealership, because apparently they have to be the ones to shut this off, or going to a shop and having this physically removed from the vehicle. 

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #857 on: December 23, 2022, 11:37:12 am »
Good luck Cause, infotainment and such is a way to make newer cars have reoccuring costs.
Anyway, hopefully they can cut the red wire

My folks had onstar and stopped paying it and let it die
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #858 on: January 04, 2023, 12:27:27 pm »
Annoying phone calls. Had an insurance company call me. Twice. Giving me a quote on auto insurance. So I called them up. Just to remind them that I'm on the national no call list. If they don't have direct business with me they don't call. Their calls were aggravating. My call back was fun.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #859 on: January 05, 2023, 10:46:20 am »
Having a number of small health issues accumulating to make life annoying.
It grinds my bones gears
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #860 on: January 08, 2023, 06:12:48 pm »
My dad! He doesn't like any coats, sweaters, ect that I buy for my dog Eevee.
It's hard hard finding things that are cute and functional to keep her warm that dad approves of.
God forbid I buy hoodies for her too!  >:(
I swear he's making me swear off keeping dogs as pets. I think I'll keep pet rats after Eevee joins the Rainbow Bridge.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #861 on: January 09, 2023, 11:57:44 am »
All automotive commercials grind my gears.
Oh, and the TV show the Bachelor , super fake, vain, self centered, did I say fake?
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #862 on: January 11, 2023, 02:46:42 pm »
Jade, the best way to find and buy a new car. If it's not being advertises that means they are having no problems selling it.

My grind is youtube shorts. Tired of being notified for four second videos.

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #863 on: January 13, 2023, 04:20:05 am »
And speaking of my car. it has Onstar. Something the dealership activated. I got a message from onstar. Wile I was driving. It was not only loud but it also changed my dashboard settings. Wile I was driving. I no longer had a digital speedometer. I was looking at my trip mileage readout. Wile I was driving. How thoughtful. After the holidays I'm going to do one of two things. Going to the dealership, because apparently they have to be the ones to shut this off, or going to a shop and having this physically removed from the vehicle.
I have Onstar as well. Never activated it and never use it. Where I go, when I go, how long I'm away, who I see, what I do is none of your business. So far, it hasn't done anything like that.
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #864 on: January 13, 2023, 01:39:52 pm »

I have Onstar as well. Never activated it and never use it. Where I go, when I go, how long I'm away, who I see, what I do is none of your business. So far, it hasn't done anything like that.

Simo, this is something I didn't want to begin with. I have a phone. I don't need my car to be one as well.

Just blocked and deleted another "GM Rewards" email. Guess they don't get the message. 

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #865 on: February 06, 2023, 03:53:36 am »
People who use a single emoji as a product description on Ebay. Your buying something sight unseen. Need a bit more info that this. "."

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #866 on: February 06, 2023, 10:28:21 pm »
Being on a single lane road, one that is very busy,  during rush hour, and I and I alone are stuck behind the fool from hell who can't drive constant speed,  stay in center of lane, and who then panic stops.
I just wanted to be in a large assault vehicle and crush them.  I mean, dang dude get with the program! What are you too high to drive?
Pull over!

And of course I'm perfect.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #867 on: February 12, 2023, 05:23:49 am »
Neighbor just , 3 times in a row,  shook out a tarp, at end of my driveway.  All sorts of stuff is there. 
Happened earlier in the day.  I had to sweep, and use a magnet.  I didn't drive through the mess for fear of puncturing tire. 
Why did they do that? They could have shook it out in their trash can!

I can't wait till they move away. 
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #868 on: February 17, 2023, 01:42:48 am »
The fact I have to be jabbed with a Covid needle just to go to a con. Isn't a negative Covid test good enough for people?

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #869 on: February 19, 2023, 04:31:32 am »
Finding a paint brush I really like just to discover they are no longer making them. Everyone uses the same synthetic filaments to make brushes. If I remember correctly there are 5 different styles of brush hair filaments. Hexagon, slotted, ribbed, solid that sort of thing. So it's a choice or combination of these shapes that make up an artist brush. then there are filament types. Ranging from soft to firm. This can be seen by looking at the color of the brush hairs. Every brand uses the same filaments to make up their selection of brushes. So a $40 Escoda 'Modernista Tadami' uses the very same filament as a $7.00 Rosemary and Co. 'Eclipse'. Both are top of the line artist brushes. The brushes I like have a distinctive gray filament. Not only is the brand's brush line gone. All the other brands have dropped their lines of brushes that used the same filament. I'll stop using these brushes and start using other brushes I have I like.

It's confession time. Yes. I did buy a a $40 Escoda 'Modernista Tadami'. And a $7 Rosemary and Co. 'Eclipse'. They are the same brush. I learned what  'Modernista Tadami' translates to. "I was dumb enough to spend $40 on a $7 brush".  :)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #870 on: March 04, 2023, 05:07:22 am »
Again with putting up with bad management. This guy stops me. Gives me this over the top, absolutely ridiculous reason why what I'm doing wont work. Tells me a self adjusting part will stay up and allow the next piece to turn sideways. That is not how it works. This part is self adjusting. It closes itself then adjusts to the next piece.  But everything he says is right.  So I had to stop what I've been doing for the past eight years. Ever sense this machine was installed. According to the operator's manual.  How the machine was made to work. And do it his way. This is the same guy who told me plastic sewer pipes expand when they get wet. You have no idea how disappointing it is to work with someone like this.  To let you know just what this guy is like. He told a new employee he was  wrong for calling in. He has to come in and be told whether or not he's sick enough not to be there.  He got a three day suspension for that stunt.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #871 on: March 05, 2023, 01:16:30 pm »
Plastic Sewer pipes expand when wet?
Plastic sewer pipe, assuming PVC, does not expand when wet.
PVC does have the ability to have water molecules adsorb to its surface, something I know well when I tried to make Tesla coil on white PVC tube without first coating it with corona dope.  SO its resistance can changes more than say Teflon when in humid conditions.

Cause, that guy needs to have his head re-machined.

Work grinds gears for me.

I am working 12-14 hour days and getting paid salary and working off fridays and weekends.  no time off.
Our product is JUNK and is randomly failing, and we have a test event in front of customer next week! Only 3 of the 4 units we made are still operational.
dang

(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #872 on: March 14, 2023, 04:04:07 am »
Working with someone who wont admit to his own mistakes. Worst yet. Deliberately done. He not only got into my face when I confronted him. But he spent a good fifteen to twenty minutes telling others how wrong I was and what type of person I am. So I talked to management. Management came and talked to him. Told him upper management will review the video footage in the morning. Funny, the guy had nothing to say after that. If someone makes a mistake it's no big deal. Admit to it and life goes on. Even if your going to lie about it don't turn it into a circus.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #873 on: March 14, 2023, 10:20:43 pm »
The common cold grind my gears.
This is the 5th time in a short while I've had a cold.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #874 on: March 15, 2023, 10:19:41 pm »
Hope you get to feeling better Jade.

Just wanted to update on the circus act. I don't condone management correcting an employee in front of his or her peers. This is something that, at all times, should be done privately. However there is a part of me that's smiling from ear to ear. My face.  My boss, my bosses boss and my bosses bosses boss,  at the sane time, confronted and warned Mr circus. They did it directly in front of the very people he was berating and lying about me to. I continued my normal interaction with everyone in my department. I avoided Mr circus.

What grinds my gears? Amazon's search engine. They give you the option of searching by price. Without choosing that option. "This is .99". Choose the $5 option. "You can buy five of these .99 for $5." Choose the $10 option. You can buy 10 of these .99 for $10. "  >:(