Author Topic: The Dark Infinite (IC)  (Read 11845 times)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Re: The Dark Infinite (IC)
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2015, 01:22:51 am »
"Hmm well I could just take a break for the next few hours, I've been putting in a lot of overtime in the engineering bay...The place won't fall apart without me, but you never did answer my question about why you're not taking the chief engineer"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2015, 05:07:51 am »
"Feel free to join me" Jack soon began talking in a sarcastic tone. "Brace yourself however, running diagnostics is so intriguing it may melt your mind." He laughed at himself a little before shaking his head and then began walking towards the cargo bay.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2015, 05:15:24 am »
(You never did answer skye's question)
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2015, 07:59:23 am »
"It'd be nothing new..." Luci said, standing and following Jack. "I'm pretty sure it's melted right now."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2015, 10:21:25 pm »
"Brain melting?.. I'm in" Mendel said excitedly as he stood. "no sense in lazing about. Now about the temperature limits of the suits fibers?"  He asked jack as he walked with him. His hips and tail swishing back and fourth. He made sure each step was exact to check for any problems in the the ship.
only in complete darkness can one see the brightest light

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2015, 10:31:12 pm »
"And now I'm out." Luci said, shooting Mendel a rather dirty look before heading back to her personal quarters. "If anyone needs me, I'll be in my bunk, trying to prevent my skull from fragmenting."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2015, 10:40:40 pm »
Skye followed her a little ways "Commander Ripley mam?" He half-jogged after her. "Permission to speak?"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2015, 10:47:42 pm »
"Go ahead, Skye..." Luci said, though she didn't slow down or stop; they could talk on the move. "What do you need?"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2015, 11:00:27 pm »
"um it''s about my leave of absence...What do you know of my people?"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2015, 11:09:40 pm »
"About as much as the rest of the crew." Luci answered, opening her quarters. "So... Not much. Come in... What does it have to do with your leave?"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2015, 11:17:06 pm »
"Next month and the month after that is uh...Well it's a special time that comes every two years for me and it could cause problems if I stay here." the odd little alien was clearly nervous.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2015, 11:51:03 pm »
"All I can do is put in another request." Luci said, sitting on her bunk. "You know that as well as I do. And even then, there's no guarantee we'll be back in port by then."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2015, 11:54:57 pm »
he sat down, his ears drooping "Yeah..." but after a moment his ears perked up "you say you don't know much about my species? Got any questions?" she seemed happy at the opportunity to talk a little about herself.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2015, 11:57:45 pm »
"Not really... No..." Luci replied. "But feel free to tell me about yourself... Er, your species, that is. Maybe it will help at some point."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2015, 12:24:14 am »
"Well, where do we start? I guess I could start by covering the differences between us and earth rabbits" he stood, pointing out the bioluminescent patches on his body. "Our scientists think we evolved to Glow in the dark because on my planet there are forests so thick that they are in an eternal night, we hunted by pack and the lights helped us coordinate our movements...as well as glowing more brightly when someone was ready to mate" She sat back down "My dietary information should be in my files, and it's no secret that i'm omnivorous, but prefer meat"

(since Skye's gender isn't exactly a listed thing you could ask about that, probably wouldn't tell otherwise, and i've come up with a peculiar way of handling it)

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2015, 12:47:44 am »
"Which is also different from rabbits. Don't take any offencce at this, but I'm going to lie down." Luci said, doing just that. "Go on... You're what? Neither male nor female? Or both?"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2015, 01:17:38 am »
"Um...in the way you define gender...both, kinda. When you are born you are what you would call a spring or an autumn, but my planet's year is about twice your earth year, so spring begins one year autumn is another. Springs have six different mating cycles, and so do autumns, but a given person will only go into heat one of these twelve seasons...we can number them one to twelve, lets suppose your cycle started at 1, you would go into heat and get pregnant or not. This is when your estrogen would be the highest. It drops and testosterone raises until sixth cycle when you are most masculine. We can only get pregnant during our cycle, but our "male" parts are always active but become impotent during our cycle or when with child." she paused a moment to breathe "If you were born season 1-6 you would be a spring, and 7-12 you would be an autumn, make sense?"

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2015, 01:42:31 pm »
Mendel continued to walk with jack. turning his head he shouted "those headaches might ease up if you finished those shakes more" he said with a chuckle. he then turned back to the captain. " Sir would you like to do a test run with the suites? it might be prudent to make sure they are at least space ready... i know you must have read my file right? "

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2015, 02:25:22 pm »
"So, that's why you want leave?" Luci asked. "Because you're going to become a female?"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2015, 02:52:07 pm »
"Um...yes?" he seemed uncertain as to whether this was a good answer or not "Well...in your species biological gender is a binary constant, in mine it is a variable sliding scale. I suppose you could say i'm becoming more female every day, and after mating season i'll be becoming more male every day"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2015, 04:15:06 pm »
(You never did answer skye's question)

(About that, it never popped up on my screen until i briefly checked the day after we posted terribly sorry about that.)

Jack glanced over at Mendel. "That is a fairly good idea, they'd only be exposed to the vacuum of space for about 20 minutes on the way in and on the way out. I'll run virtual diagnostics on the others while you take one on a quick space walk."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2015, 04:45:33 pm »
"Fantastic the outer hull is much overdue for a checkup. Better suite up then" Mendel said jogging ahead to get ready , as he reached into his pouch pulling out another bar and quickly scarfing  it down. In minutes he is getting his suit ready for the space walk.

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2015, 05:46:24 pm »
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:11:38 pm by evolve42 »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2015, 05:49:04 pm »
(actually I'm pretty sure hull repairs and checkups would be handled by Engineering, Skye runs a tight ship, wouldn't let something like that get overlooked)

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2015, 06:13:20 pm »
"Um...yes?" he seemed uncertain as to whether this was a good answer or not "Well...in your species biological gender is a binary constant, in mine it is a variable sliding scale. I suppose you could say i'm becoming more female every day, and after mating season i'll be becoming more male every day"

"The higher-ups won't like that as an excuse..." Luci said. "They didnt seem to care to give you leave before anyways."