Author Topic: Bumped into fursuiters at the ren fair!  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Movian

• Species: Dragon
  • Male
    • Movian's site
Bumped into fursuiters at the ren fair!
« on: October 07, 2017, 06:37:22 pm »
Went to the Ren fair here in NC today and bumped into two fursuiters! I said hello and that I was starting construction on my own tail and I was greeted with silent hugs and a request to scratch behind an ear :)

(for some reason the image is showing horizontal on here, but when I direct link it shows vertical correctly)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
Re: Bumped into fursuiters at the ren fair!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 08:41:49 pm »
Cool! They look like they were having fun!  (:
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 09:27:25 pm »
The fursuiter on the right (Tan and white suit) reminds me of a suiter I saw at Further Confusion 2007 and had a pic taken with. But I can't seem to remember the name?  :P

• Male
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 09:49:02 pm »
The fursuiter on the right (Tan and white suit) reminds me of a suiter I saw at Further Confusion 2007 and had a pic taken with. But I can't seem to remember the name?  :P

I was going to say: I think I remember those two from MFF in 2015. Could be wrong. There were a lot of noses to remember.

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 06:23:43 pm »
There was also a furmeet at the ren fest here in Michigan. Unfortunately, I missed it.

In the past, the folks who run the venue like the fursuiters to come out. If we chose a certain weekend, maybe they'd let us in for free, but we'd likely have to perform a stage act. Paying to come in while in costume seems self-defeating as you're an attraction/street act and not able to enjoy the event like a regular visitor.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

• Male
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 06:36:47 pm »
I can see how that might be true in some cases. I paid when I went as a human pony, but it was totally worth the chance to pull a cart around under bridle in a setting where it was welcome.

Having a human hitched to a cart and steered with a bit in his mouth seems like it would be out of place... except if the driver was Calypso. At one point a little girl pointed at me and said "Dad! I want one of those!" :D

Then on the way out (I pulled there and back) the sherrif's department cheered when she put me into a full gallop. It was a blast.