Author Topic: Fan Music  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
Fan Music
« on: September 14, 2011, 03:22:43 pm »
Do you have favorite music from the fans? A favorite Brony album perhaps? Discuss!

I recently found thru EQD a "Best of" file that is a massive 4 gigs in size of some of the fandoms best music from very talented musicians.

So what are your favorite tracks? Artists? Why do you like them?
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline 489109

• Male
Re: Fan Music
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 03:55:13 pm »
My latest Fave in the MLP Music catagory is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-IjuIKSUlo
Its a great blend of 1930's era industrial propaganda music (Metal clashes and steam whistles) and orchestrated music. This is based off Rarity's "Art of the Dress" but I really like the twist on it.

As for myself, I am a musician and have been working with one of my Fiddlers to create and perform two MLP tunes in Traditional Irish Jig/Reel styles. The first is "Art of the Dress" and the second is "Winter Wrap Up". This list may grow now that Season two is upon us and we are about to get more new tunes for us. Both of these tunes will be amped up a bit in speed, about 180 bpm as opposed to its current 120. It will be about the same speed as the Euro Mix version by Super Pony Beat. I will ofcourse be playing Rhythem in it.

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 09:00:28 pm »
I like hearing all the new stuff that comes out, but so far my absolute favorites are the CMC Dubstep remix and Alex S's glitch remix of the theme song.  I blast the bass on my crappy car speakers while I cruise down the freeway :D

Also seeing lots of play time: Fluttershy's Lament, For the New Lunar Republic, and Pony Swag (radio edit)
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 09:30:05 pm »
+1 for CMC's dubstep mix here too. What's cool about it is even people that don't like dubstep think that version is worlds better than the original. Otherwise, I don't like a lot of fan made music because it rarely involves genre's I regularly enjoy. I do appreciate the dedication and skill it takes to make all the music though.

And Liedt, I hope you plan to link us to your creations once you get them made. I love up beat Irish music, so I'm very interested to hear it. Could also see Art of the Dress being done in the style of an Irish drinking song because of trying to drink her worries away. Or would that be donut eating song, taking a cue from Spike after the Gala? :D
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 11:53:51 pm »
I been jaming to AcousticBrony's Rainbow Dash's Theme for a while and I admit I'm thoroughly addicted to Tarby Rocks' Something Broke: The Continuing Tale of Pinkie Pie and Ponycide. Yes, its related to Cupcakes but it's SO epicly awesome! I can't stop listening to it!
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 08:40:46 am »
From the same Brony who brought us Proud to be a Brony.

http://blackgryph0n.deviantart.com/gallery/29689380#/d49bvqm
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart