Author Topic: What is your fursona like mentally?  (Read 4353 times)

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
Re: What is your fursona like mentally?
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2016, 12:31:38 pm »
Yana, being a draconic representation of me, shares my mental state. She's shy and introverted, and doesn't share things that has happened to her in the past a secret because of a betrayal by a close "friend" of hers. She also deals with some self-hate because of things that she perceives as her fault--whether or not they were actually her fault doesn't really seem to factor in with her--and has to say sorry for anything that goes wrong around her.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 08:13:17 pm »
Whenever I give someone a ref sheet for my fursona, I usually include a "personality" description as well.  Since my fursona represents myself, I try to analyze myself honestly when I explain my fursona - usually something like this:

"I am generally shy and reserved, especially around people I’m not familiar with; however, if you get to know me well, I am very friendly.  By nature, I am definitely more of an academic, but I still enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and other adventures.  My interests are often both eccentric and eclectic, but I certainly don’t mind that.  This stems from the fact that I am much more interested in doing what I believe in than conforming, even when doing so would be in my best interest (I'm not very good at following rules I don't agree with).  I can be a bit absent-minded sometimes, but I will always try hard and contribute what I can."
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline Rocco

• Species: German Shepherd
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 02:32:59 pm »
I have two fursonas, Rocco the anthro GSD and Kyr'am the feral wolf. They each are an amplified part of me, and I have them coming from a situation similar to mine. I try to be Rocco, but I feel Kyr'am come out at times.

Rocco has been isolated from other furs for over a decade. He's quiet, but tries really hard to speak. He's willing to try stuff, even stuff I would never consider, like dancing, but won't do what he sees as wrong. Very strong sense of right and wrong. Loves to help and make others laugh. He's trying to reintegrate to society and find friends, but first he has to figure out what a friend is and what they do. He is kind of shy and awkward, just because he hasn't been around others for so long. He also tries to be funny, with mixed results. He has some trust issues and paranoia, but is trying to get over them. He likes happy music. Extremely loyal once he accepts someone. Still some topics he doesn't want to talk about, but he is continuing to open up over time.

Kyr'am, which means death in Mandalorian, is an amplified version of my dark side. He very rarely talks to anyone. He sees others falling into three categories. Allies, neutral, and enemies. And he even plans contingencies in case he needs to kill his allies. He doesn't know what a friend is, and he doesn't care. He feels an incredible power inside himself, one he uses to conquer any challenge and mercilessly destroy any opponent. He trust no one, not even his allies. He is angry, hateful, and paranoid. He enjoys death. He is gruesome. He is perfectly happy just to hide in a cave all day and not see anyone. The ends justify the means almost every single time. He is, quite literally, a monster. He listens to war music only.

Offline some_random_wusky

• Species: a wusky, of course!
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 06:44:40 am »
my fursona, Akira, is supposed to represent me; so, his mental state and personality is similar to mine. however, were still kinda different. for example, akira faces the same problems that i do, but is able to handle them better. like, akira can ignore and forget a hurtful comment, but i sometimes cant. also, although akira is shy and introverted, they doesnt run away at the sight of people. also, akira is a lot
more spontaneous and energetic than i am
honestly thinks we need another mass extinction

Offline Robert_Silvermyst

• Species: Archangel Wolf
  • High King of Furgasta
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2016, 01:01:38 am »
Robert Silvermyst is like Ultima's Avatar. He is humble, courageous, pious, honest, honorable, just, compassionate and at times self-sacrificing. He puts the needs of the people before his own. He looks at the world with an open mind. Despite being high king, he doesn't care too much for formalities when he is out among the public. People of Furgasta call him the pheasant king because of how much more time he spends among the commonwealth as opposed to with the other nobility.  He doesn't give hand-outs to people in need, but rather teaches them and directs them towards places that they can use to help better themselves and help them stand on their own.  He is also a lover of fine tea.  I think I just about chuckled when I first watched Avatar: The Last Airbender, because Iroh reminds me so much of my fursona.

Offline Sadiki

• Species: lion!
    • FA
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2016, 03:25:55 am »
he's very self-confident and bold, but more than capable of chilling out and appearing laid-back. he comes off as abrasive since he has trouble expressing emotions at times, but he definitely has a lot of empathy and will aggressively stick up for anyone he thinks is being mistreated. he's social and smooth, seemingly arrogant at times.

my fursona doesn't act exactly like me - I see his personality as pretty close to what mine would be like if I were less sad and anxious in general, but he also has some traits I don't particularly relate to.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2016, 06:40:16 pm »
Rocket is very intelligent and crafty. He likes to share with those interested in his specialty, but also enjoys his "away" time.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Namae

• Species: Vulpine (Fox)
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2016, 12:47:13 am »
I would base mine off of me. She would be pretty shy, but appreciates being social too. However, she may come off as insensitive, annoying, or rude at times when she is not meaning to be. Though she is shy she can be very excited and happy sometimes. She also is quite curious too, and playful.

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2016, 03:14:52 pm »
My fursona is essentially me. Maybe the slightly less restrained me I was in college, when social pressure was a bit less, but me regardless.
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline wereaibo1

• Species: Robotic Dog
  • Bite my shiny metal tail!
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2016, 05:00:13 pm »
He's an animatronic dog and proud of it. He's happy to be free of the basic biological urges that plague the flesh creatures he is surrounded by. He's cynical, and the fact that his kind ( biological dogs and mechanical critters alike ) aren't always treated kindly angers him. He doesn't hate humans but at the same time doesn't really trust them either.
Meddle not in the affairs of robot dogs for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.

Offline ShopePapilloma

• Species: Jackalope
  • Grumpy weirdo with 22 pets. Icon by SnoConeGlobe!
  • Female
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2016, 09:18:30 am »
Shope is an extremely amplified version of me. She tends to be cynical and witty, thinks of her species quite highly, is fine with large amounts of blood and guts, and is secretly scared of being alone. She tends to have trouble interacting in a friendly way with other species, especially ones she would normally prey on, but she can be fiercely loyal at times.
MST3K, anyone?