Author Topic: Adopting a Raven Fursona  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
Adopting a Raven Fursona
« on: May 01, 2016, 12:13:54 pm »
So I've decided to make a fursona that is based off of a raven. I've seen some birds fursona that have their wings on their arms, and I've decided not to do that. My raven's wings are gonna sprout from her back. I know it'd be biologically correct to have her wings on her arms, but having them on her back looks better to me. She's gonna have black feathers that have a slight blue color to them in the sunlight. This goes along with her midnight blue beak and talons. I dunno what to name her, but I see her as this mysterious individual that wanders the world and keeping to the shadows.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline CatDetective

• Species: Cat
Re: Adopting a Raven Fursona
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 11:17:40 pm »
She sounds really cool-- and I think it's within the artistic license to have back-wings instead of arm-wings, if that's what you like the look of most. I love ravens, they're some of the coolest birds...

I don't know what kind of a name you really want most, but you can spend some time on baby name sites and try out the ones you like until one fits, pick the ethnic background you like, search by meaning... say some names out loud to feel how they roll off the tongue, if that helps. (though at least in Celtic and Old English, there are a few names that mean 'raven'... but that might be a little on the nose)

Anyway, the description of her appearance and what you've said about her character just all sounds neat.

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 05:02:59 am »
It works for dragons and pegasi and such, so why not?

Offline Madam Glitch

• Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 10:22:45 am »
I've gone with the name Morgana. It's an English name derived from a Welsh/English/French name. It doesn't mean Raven, but I like the name nonetheless
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 10:58:23 am »
Ravens are interesting. One was in a poem by Egar Allen Poe if memory servess me. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Madam Glitch

• Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 12:20:46 pm »
Ravens are interesting. One was in a poem by Egar Allen Poe if memory servess me. :orbunny:

Yeah, there is. We had to read the poem in high school back a few years ago
--Mewtwo

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 08:09:05 pm »
Quote from: Raven
Nevermore

Offline Literate Lycan

• Species: Gothic grey wolf
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 01:55:20 am »
Varek's fursuit will have raven tattoos--a direct reference to Poe.
"All stories are about wolves..." -- Margaret Atwood, "Blind Assassin"

Avatar by Blitzy Arts : www.blitzy-arts.weebly.com

FA: www.furaffinity.net/user/varek-wolf
Twitter: @VarekWolf

Furry code: FCWh3a A- C D H+ M- P- R+ T W Z Sm- RLGP a+++ cm+ e+++ f h++++ i+ j p+