Author Topic: What do you really love about the fandom?  (Read 3166 times)

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
What do you really love about the fandom?
« on: October 10, 2016, 04:52:48 am »
It could be anything, but I'm wanting a more personal response other than "artwork" or the "feeling of community".

I love the mysteriousness of my fellow furs, I love that it's a...Cozy fandom, that you can be one blatantly and have no one outside the fandom notice.... The secrecy, the (certain) furs I've met, I don't care about species, because outside of our 'sonas are the real people that make this magic happen.

Plus I love the webcomics, all the furry drama you'll ever need without any real drama on your hands.

So I suppose I have my own greedy reasons, I also feel it's a place for outcasts, social ones that is. I don't mean to offend anyone with that last bit as I count myself in that area.

So what do you really love about it?
Every now and then...

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
Re: What do you really love about the fandom?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 05:00:37 am »
for me its going to be my usual response of liking the way anthros look (that is pretty much the main reason i got into the fandom)

Offline Kaiden

• Male
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 05:03:05 am »
for me its going to be my usual response of liking the way anthros look (that is pretty much the main reason i got into the fandom)

OK, but how do you like them best? Cartoony, realistic? I love cartoony looking ones that are just general characters, they can blend in with almost any story.
Every now and then...

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 08:19:23 am »
in terms of artwork i mostly like realistic, but other artwork is nice (one of the most important things to me is correct body proportions, so not a fan of artwork where the heads/eyes are large)

though another reason is that i am personally not that big a fan of my appearance, and would rather look like an anthro (a realistic looking one) 

Offline wereaibo1

• Species: Robotic Dog
  • Bite my shiny metal tail!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 04:55:47 pm »
I can say I'm a robot dog without people looking at me wierd or getting the third degree.
Meddle not in the affairs of robot dogs for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 07:25:17 pm »
CREATIVITY!!! Lots and Lots of creativity. One of my absolute favorite things to do. Go to a furcon and get fellow furs to talk about their fersonas.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 10:54:04 am »
The fantasy, I have loved cartoons and animated movies about animal characters since I
was old enough to understand there was a difference between reality and fantasy.

So the fandom is right down my alley. I have always found fantasy rabbits a lot of
fun. In real life they are the underdog. So in fantasy they can turn it around.  :orbunny:

And of course I love the artwork, stories, and the fursuits people make.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 11:01:30 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline ThemeoxCat

• Species: Cat
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 12:57:01 am »
To me it's the artwork of all kinds in the fandom because I've drawn anthros for probably as long as I've been able to draw and to know that there is an entire fandom about a type of thing that I've drawn for a long time is just awesome to me.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 11:38:49 pm »
Love the art, but especially the fursuits and how the wearer's personality changes once they suit up--"the magic".
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Bluetabbycat

• Species: Generic tabby cat
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 06:35:52 pm »
I think for me it's the openness. On the whole, furries are more accepting of people's quirks. And I'm sure they're about, but I havn't come across anyone in the fandom that's like, "You're not a real furry if you don't do X."

Besides that, there's all the art and costuming that I love!

Offline Kaiden

• Male
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 07:07:38 pm »
I think for me it's the openness. On the whole, furries are more accepting of people's quirks. And I'm sure they're about, but I havn't come across anyone in the fandom that's like, "You're not a real furry if you don't do X."

Besides that, there's all the art and costuming that I love!

In the past there were furs like that.
Although a lot of furs come n go in the fandom.
Every now and then...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 09:05:21 pm »
What I really love about the fandom is the fursuits. Particuarly the design and construction of them. I am constantly surprised by the imagination and creativeness when designing and constructing fursuits. The materials used, colors of fur, body shapes, eyes, teeth, heads, and so much more. Every suit is unique.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 12:48:24 am »
I like the fact that furry is a kind of escapism most people don't consider. I like that I have a 'tribe' of other people like me who still enjoy anthropomorphic animals, including stuffed animals and fursuits. I like the creativity in this fandom, in that you ARE your character, instead of taking a copyrighted character as your own (most of the time...not counting Sonic, MLP, or TLK recolors here....).  (:

Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 03:13:58 pm »
The fursuits and the fact that people accept you for who you are.

Offline Aryot

• Species: Snow Leopard
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 11:07:07 pm »
What I like most about the fandom is the creativity, never before have I meet others who think so far outside the box that it starts to make sense. I also love the fursuits, and how the owners make them come alive.

But for me the biggest thing I love about the fandom is how the community is like one big loving family. They are always there to pick you up when you are down, to push you on to greater and better things, and we look out for one another.

So yea that's what I really like about the fandom :3

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 10:08:23 am »
It's nice to be with a group of people with the same hobby. The furry fandom also helped me out with expressing myself with my creativity. It helps a lot. Also, there are a lot of different people in the furry fandom. You're free to be yourself, up to a certain point of course. Also, when I see a lot of fursuiters in one place I feel like a small kid again. The idea that there were human animals walking around just made me stare in awe, even when I knew they were just people in cuddly suits.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 08:25:58 pm »
I love how one can integrate furry art and fursuiting with other activities and cult favorites. As an example, my local con is doing a Monty Python theme for next year. Another year-Steampunk. Yet another--Mad Science.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline BennyJackdaw

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 09:51:34 am »
It used to be because of the nice people, but I feel like I've been meeting less and less decent furries nowadays. Most of the nice people I've met have been on the FA art site, but a lot of other forums I've gone to the "furries" there have been generally unlikable. I haven't been here much, though, and I'm ready to give this forum a try, hoping the people here are nicer than some other forums I've gone to.

As far as anthros go I love how diverse anthros are, and how there's so much you can do with them, how cool they look, and how they fit personality expressions better than humans can. Plus, being human, humans are pretty much the most uninteresting species because they're so much like me, being human, that it makes the characters less different and special, and in turn, less interesting.

Offline Der Meister

• Male
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 12:14:09 pm »
The fantasy, I have loved cartoons and animated movies about animal characters since I
was old enough to understand there was a difference between reality and fantasy.

So the fandom is right down my alley. I have always found fantasy rabbits a lot of
fun. In real life they are the underdog. So in fantasy they can turn it around.  :orbunny:

And of course I love the artwork, stories, and the fursuits people make.

Pretty much this. I love fantasy worlds, characters, etc. and I love anthro characters, so putting them together is pretty much the best thing ever.