Author Topic: is there anyway to make "spoiler" boxes in a text document?  (Read 3845 times)

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
is there anyway to make "spoiler" boxes in a text document?
« on: October 15, 2016, 09:12:44 am »
i have a bunch of random text information with dates that i am trying to organize into a file but when adding all the stuff it just creates a large mess. i am wondering if anyone knows of any way to have something like a show/hide tab (spoiler box) that can be stored on my computer (i want to avoid having to open up multiple text documents and flooding my screen with windows)

for example have a document called:

1/1/2016
Spoiler: show

random information from this date

11am
random information at this time

6am
random information at this time

if anyone has any idea as to how i could do something like that on my computer it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Elusive

• Species: Fox/Raven hybrid
  • Male
Re: is there anyway to make "spoiler" boxes in a text document?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 09:07:45 pm »
Easiest method would probably be to use Microsoft word 2013, as it is able to expand/collapse text under headings.

Another method could be to set up a simple html file with show/hide buttons, you would just need to open it up in a web browser.

Not sure about this 3rd option, but there is a sort of document creation programming language called LaTex (pronounced la tech) that might be useful. However, like I said before not sure if it has what your looking for as I've not used it much.

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
Re: is there anyway to make "spoiler" boxes in a text document?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 12:26:13 am »
By far the easiest method (if you're dealing with plain text files) is to just use actual tags in any text editor that supports code folding. I recommend Notepad++.