Author Topic: Clean furry art  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Der Meister

• Male
Clean furry art
« on: July 08, 2017, 05:07:51 pm »
I love furry art. I've been collecting (and organizing, as I always do), art from around the fandom for several years now. I use it both as a reference to draw from and just to look at.

But I keep running into this problem.
Whenever I look for art on Google, FurAffinity, DeviantArt, or whatever, even with the filter set to adult content off, there's always a few not necessarily 'NSFW' pieces, but just fetishy things or questionable things. I haven't been very good at finding a way around this.
I use tumblr a lot and it actually has been the most effective so far, but still certainly still has a lot of questionable content.

I guess my purpose in going here is to see what suggestions y'all have for me to find art-- where is your source? how do you find furry art?

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
Re: Clean furry art
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 06:46:14 am »
I use YouTube. There are quite a number of videos featuring furry/anime wolf artwork on there. They're mostly songs other artist made with furry art put into the visuals, but also slideshows from famous artists if you look around. If you're interested, here's one of the best vids I've seen so far.
You'll probably still find some questionable stuff out there, but generally it'll be a lot less often (depending on the video). Also, if you watch a lot of videos like that you have a good chance you'll see some pictures back often.

Offline Der Meister

• Male
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 09:58:06 pm »
Wow thanks that actually works really well. I never would have looked there had you not suggested it.

Do you download the pictures? If so, how?

Well, now I have a lot of youtube videos to go through, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 02:59:17 am »
Clean furry art pages do exist on tumblr and on DeviantART. Not so much on other sites, maybe twitter has what you're looking for? YouTube vids are a great place to start; those often have pics from dA. I will add links to this page later.  (: Hope this info helps!
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 12:36:15 pm »
One reason I landed on Furtopia was because it's a clean family site. I have always
tried to post clean art, perhaps a little more cute than furry at times, but that's
what I like most.

We have several good artists. Unfortuantly many have left to post their art
on art sites. I can't blame them as many hope to sell their work and do
better on art only sites.

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 12:39:23 pm »
I don't actually download them, no. I just put all the vids I found into one big furry playlist I can watch an listen whenever.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 12:27:11 am »
I use SoFurry. You have to tweek the settings initially, but once you do I have had good luck at filtering (when I want to. The smut gets really old :p)
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 11:32:04 am »
I am not a prude, but the naughty stuff follows a theme that does grow
old after while.

Often clean art shows more imagination overall. Also you can share the view with
anyone without worring you might offend someone. Unless it just happens to affect
someones religious beliefs.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Der Meister

• Male
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 09:58:19 am »
wow thanks for all of the suggestions!

One thing I've seen but have yet to try out is Pinterest-- I've seen quite a bit of fuur stuff pop up there but haven't tried it myself (yet). Does anyone else use that?

Offline CatDetective

• Species: Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 05:13:36 am »
I haven't tried Pinterest for furry art, but that does sound like a good place to look, since you can say 'more like this' about the things you like there.

I do prefer clean art on the whole. I don't mind doing racy stuff when that's what people want for commissions and such, and I think it's possible to be artistic about it-- because it's not sexual to ME even if it is to others, I tend to view it as being the same as anything else I would create when I'm the one painting it, but it is different when you're browsing. I don't like to stumble upon something sexual by surprise, just as I don't like overly-sexual conversation. So while I will go to a more art/commission based forum for business, I really prefer the atmosphere on a smaller/slower family friendly place like this.

Like you, I mostly just follow artists on tumblr who make the kind of art I like to look at, but Pinterest is a good idea.