Author Topic: Movies Sub-forum  (Read 6904 times)

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
Movies Sub-forum
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:58:27 pm »
Just wondering how many others would be interested in a forum for all things movie related.

Offline Mylo

Re: Movies Sub-forum
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 12:40:46 am »
YES

We definitely need a forum for this... :D  I'd be posting in it so much!

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 10:30:52 pm »
We do have a spot for discussing movies: the General Non-furry Discussion forum. And anything that is furry usually is discussed in the General Furry Discussion forum or sometimes in the Furry Lite forum.

Offline Mylo

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 10:39:05 pm »
We do have a spot for discussing movies: the General Non-furry Discussion forum. And anything that is furry usually is discussed in the General Furry Discussion forum or sometimes in the Furry Lite forum.

Then why do we have an anime forum?

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 10:51:25 pm »
I do see your point Mylo. But is there enough people here that would want to talk about movies to create a whole thread for it? Although I wouldn't mind talking about a movie now and then, I dont know if there is a great need for it necessarily. It would make it easier to find movie related posts...
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Mylo

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 11:31:42 pm »
I do see your point Mylo. But is there enough people here that would want to talk about movies to create a whole thread for it? Although I wouldn't mind talking about a movie now and then, I dont know if there is a great need for it necessarily. It would make it easier to find movie related posts...

I guess you're right.  Now that I think about it, it would have a low focus in the forums.  Hmmm...  I wonder about expanding the anime forum...

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 11:40:06 pm »
Maybe expanding that forum is good. Because we are already discussing some tv shows and such there. It is a relatively small forum to begin with, very narrowed down compared to ones such as General discussion or Furry Fiction. Possibly make it an Anime/Movies forum? Or something similar. That is if they consider the Movie forum to begin with
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 01:11:31 am »
That's why this thread is here. To see if there's enough member interest to warrant a separate forum, which I'm fairly sure was the procedure required to get a new subforum, right? If 10 or more members, I think it was, are interested, then that makes a sub-forum plausible. I'm just testing the waters to see if people would like one, I'm aware I could post about movies in the non-furry discussion, but I wouldn't want to flood it, so I don't post there.

EDIT: Going with what Jet said, as the Anime forum doesn't get that much traffic, how about changing it to an all-encompassing entertainment forum? For all TV shows, movies, anime, etc. But of course MLP would still need it's own place.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:14:39 am by Saloonka »

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 02:31:37 am »
EDIT: Going with what Jet said, as the Anime forum doesn't get that much traffic, how about changing it to an all-encompassing entertainment forum? For all TV shows, movies, anime, etc. But of course MLP would still need it's own place.
MLP would definitely still need its own place, but ya I think thats a good idea. Actually, other than some big movies, like Fast Five most recently, what little T.V. I watch would fall under Anime...so my "movie discussions" would end up in that forum anyways...

PLUR

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 06:57:55 am »
I've given this some thought and I believe I have a better idea for a movie forum. I'll have time to explain it more after work tonight when I get home.

Offline Mylo

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 12:06:56 pm »
I've given this some thought and I believe I have a better idea for a movie forum. I'll have time to explain it more after work tonight when I get home.

*eagerly awaits to hear Kobuk's idea*  :P

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 12:27:45 pm »
 :) ....waiting.....waiting....waiting.... :)

PLUR

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 10:07:41 pm »
Anime is it's own forum because it is such a large genre/fandom. And for the fact that members in past months/years have discussed so much anime topics on Furtopia, that I decided to add an anime community forum.

Instead of a Movie forum, I think what would work better is maybe a "Media Forum". Media being defined as movies, television, books (& other periodicals), radio, etc.
So if a person wanted to discuss a favorite tv show or literature author, etc., then it would go in the Media Forum. HOWEVER........Staff do reserve the right to move topics at our discretion if we feel the content doesn't fit within a particular catagory or forum. ;)

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 10:21:14 pm »
This sort of forum would have to be explained rather well. For instance, it sounds like this forum would be just for discussing a particular novel or author, while not actually a genre of novels. If genres could be discussed here then that would need to be explained when this forum is created, although I am sure you know that already. ;)

PLUR

Offline Mylo

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 11:04:34 pm »
That sounds like a great idea Kobuk!  Maybe Anime could be a subforum of that then, but a media forum would definitely be a good idea to bring up.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 09:16:36 am »
I quite like the sound of a media forum :)

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 03:17:24 pm »
I quite like the sound of a media forum :)

Seconded!

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 08:44:42 pm »
I like the idea, as well!  The anime subforum is actually a bit... slow.  I'd consider merging that with a larger media sub-forum.  Honestly, I think there would be enough discussion for a "TV/Movie" forum, and anime would fit perfectly under that.  We don't really have many discussions of books on the forums, but if people want it in there, that'd be fine too.

Either way, I'm in full support of that :)
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Mylo

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 10:44:08 pm »
So how's this idea going?  ;)
I don't exactly want to flood the actual forums with movie-related stuff...

Is this idea still in the works?

Offline Psycho

• Toxicsauce!
  • Female
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 09:24:24 pm »
I've got to say, I'm not a typical critic. I love writing movie reviews (people seem to like them) and I watch a lot movies too.

I'm 10 minutes into the 2011 Sherlock Holmes movie, and I'm loving it so much I want to read the books now ;3

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 09:53:00 pm »
I've got to say, I'm not a typical critic. I love writing movie reviews (people seem to like them) and I watch a lot movies too.

I'm 10 minutes into the 2011 Sherlock Holmes movie, and I'm loving it so much I want to read the books now ;3

This thread isn't to discuss favorite movies, etc. The suggestion of a Movie/Media forum is nil as Furtopia already has several forums for discussing movie and media subjects.

Offline Psycho

• Toxicsauce!
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 10:10:00 pm »
It does? Point me to them, this movie is nowhere near one of my favorites, but I must say it's one of the best I've seen in a while.