Author Topic: The "Good News" thread.  (Read 133130 times)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
Re: The "Good News" thread.
« Reply #2050 on: October 05, 2020, 11:58:25 pm »
The president is recovering and was discharged from the hospital.  :D
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #2051 on: October 10, 2020, 03:09:33 pm »
@Varg
That's a good thing?  :D

Offline Hans the husky

• Species: Siberian husky
  • Male
« Reply #2052 on: October 10, 2020, 09:07:13 pm »
@Varg
That's a good thing?  :D
People are allowed to have different opinions. That is what makes america great. Also, the president dying would cause even more chaos then we already have. Lastly, I don't think that it'smorally right to wish death on someone, even if you don't like them. Remember, he also has a family.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #2053 on: October 15, 2020, 02:33:34 pm »
Signed up to start my fire technology/science classes. Then hopefully I'll be able to join a Type 2(IA) Handcrew for the next season. Then after a couple of years Type 1 IHC hopefully.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2054 on: October 15, 2020, 03:01:54 pm »
Good news for everyone! President Trump proved that you can vote in a non housebroken dog and America will still continue to be America.

Walked into Walmarts today. A lot of people shopping. Almost everyone of them were masked. Only a few holdouts. The truth is stronger than any political lie.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2055 on: October 15, 2020, 05:33:45 pm »
Good news for everyone! President Trump proved that you can vote in a non housebroken dog and America will still continue to be America.

Walked into Walmarts today. A lot of people shopping. Almost everyone of them were masked. Only a few holdouts. The truth is stronger than any political lie.

Masks are mandatory at my Walmart. Also the local library, and many other stores.

Also mandatory at my cafe. No mask. No service. ;)

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #2056 on: October 17, 2020, 06:47:55 pm »
My recovery is going well. I am a lot more mobile and getting slowly stronger. The pain is far more under control, and my scar is healing. I'm no longer on blood thinners.

I have also started hormone replacement therapy, as I no longer have either of my ovaries. I've only been on it for a few days, so I haven't seen any improvement there yet. My tumour was deemed to be pre-cancerous, but it doesn't appear to have had time to become full-blown cancer or to have spread anywhere. I will need regular checkups for life but I should, hopefully, be in the clear now.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2057 on: October 17, 2020, 10:31:50 pm »
TOTALLY AWESOME TO HEAR Loc! Looking forward to hear your up and bouncing around soon!

Kobuk, Maskers were never enforced around here. Truth is some of the bars never shut down. Masks will be mandatory where i work starting Monday. We had a plant shut down because Covid spread through it like fire. Now everyone industry wide will have to wear a mask. You don't have it on you will get fired.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Hans the husky

• Species: Siberian husky
  • Male
« Reply #2058 on: October 18, 2020, 03:18:01 am »
Here there is a mask mandate. It's like a 150 dollar fine if you get caught. Unfortunetely, the police don't seem to care enough to enforce it.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2059 on: October 18, 2020, 06:08:08 am »
I just got a notification from 'Ultimate Guitar.com' that I've won a trophy. A Socialifarian trophy. I haven't posted on that forum in well over a year. Nice to know people are still reading my advice!  :)

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #2060 on: October 26, 2020, 10:22:11 pm »
Going to Oaks Park Haunted drive thru on Halloween and we picked Night Terrors as the one we do! It had the most stars/is ranked the scariest.
I've only gone through one haunted house so here's hoping I won't get nightmares or emotionally scarred  :D
I did get to be a werewolf for PDX Fear though. That was fun!

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2061 on: November 09, 2020, 02:55:17 pm »
Finally got a haircut today. At least now I won't look like a 1960's hippie.  :)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2062 on: November 09, 2020, 09:03:28 pm »
Finally got a haircut today. At least now I won't look like a 1960's hippie.  :)
I just blindly buzz-cut mine.  Where it does grow.  Sucks having hair loss starting at 17...
Why couldn't I be a dog?  Well sometimes I can be

My good news is that Wanda, my dog, is behaving a little more, well that is after I came home at lunch and worked from home, and cleaned up the two pillows she removed from her home made dog bed and shredded all over the yard.  And after I refilled the hole she made on my buried cable.  So all in all ,a better day than I have had.

And I learned I can repair the clear-coat on my vehicle after all, despite someone telling me it was done for.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #2063 on: November 10, 2020, 12:24:38 pm »
Have an interested buyer for my car. So It looks like an e39 540i M Sport may be my next car. Can't afford an E39 M5 so the 540i is the next best option with a 6-speed. Just need to install a LSD and maybe some minor exhaust and engine mods.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2064 on: November 15, 2020, 09:54:09 pm »
I've been moved into my new apartment the past two weeks now. Although I have bouts of sadness and loneliness, I can focus a LOT more on work and art and my hobbies on my own. It is quiet here, and there are lots of nice large trees at the complex. This place is fairly well maintained, and a large space for the cost. I'm much better off here than where I was...and I can finally heal.

I'm also seriously considering Anthrocon once the virus is vaccinated against! :D
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2065 on: November 16, 2020, 12:15:28 pm »
I've been moved into my new apartment the past two weeks now. Although I have bouts of sadness and loneliness, I can focus a LOT more on work and art and my hobbies on my own. It is quiet here, and there are lots of nice large trees at the complex. This place is fairly well maintained, and a large space for the cost. I'm much better off here than where I was...and I can finally heal.

I'm also seriously considering Anthrocon once the virus is vaccinated against! :D
That is great news!  Glad you can start the healing process, despite it being a little more lonely of a place.
And I too want to have a good "break" from things, and want to go to Anthrocon, or DenFur when things are better.
I wish it were possible to have a Furtopia at Anthrocon type event.  It would be neat to see you all.

I guess my good news is that I am starting to lose weight again.  I want to go from my sluggish 233lbs to 200 even.  This is not going to be easy.  But not having a lot of food will help . Thanks Covid-19.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #2066 on: November 19, 2020, 08:06:17 pm »
Met a red fox todd on the rail trail about three blocks from home here. Stopped about twenty feet away as it seemed he was about to pounce. He looked my way then back at what was in the grass. Then he moved around, yawned, and sat on the pavement before me. Extended his right front paw and his claws could be seen. Later, he marked on a may apple tree then crossed the nearby RR tracks. I tried to take photos by cel phone camera but of poor quality. He was in no hurry and I was able to keep up and call to him. Eventually broke off contact after a ten-minute encounter. That's probably a whole fox-hour!

A look at the backyard trail cam images revealed that he was there a few days before.

Yesterday, he surprised me on the rail trail by pacing me while several yards in the woods nearby.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #2067 on: November 20, 2020, 07:27:33 pm »
The dogs finally got to go on a walk after it was rainy for days.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2068 on: November 27, 2020, 07:52:14 pm »
T-Day went mostly smooth. Just dinner with my mom. nobody else.
Today, we both went to Best Buy to try and get my mom's laptop fixed. The laptop had an error message about a software driver that needed fixing and my mom couldn't use her laptop to get connected to the Internet. Luckily, Best Buy got it fixed within ten minutes or less and it didn't cost my mom anything.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2069 on: December 04, 2020, 12:20:50 am »
My 6-month checkup went well.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #2070 on: December 04, 2020, 12:55:51 am »
I have internet again!
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2071 on: December 12, 2020, 08:24:27 am »
Had to make reservations, but finally got my tires rotated this week.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2072 on: December 24, 2020, 02:35:57 pm »
I got a $50 gift certificate to a local hobby store from a modeling friend. :)

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2073 on: December 24, 2020, 09:38:40 pm »

That is great news!  Glad you can start the healing process, despite it being a little more lonely of a place.
And I too want to have a good "break" from things, and want to go to Anthrocon, or DenFur when things are better.
I wish it were possible to have a Furtopia at Anthrocon type event.  It would be neat to see you all.

Thanks Jade! I did meet a couple of folks from the Furtopia forum at the San Jose FurtherConfusion con, and it would be nice to meet more of you again! :3
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #2074 on: December 25, 2020, 03:51:46 pm »
here's some good news for all of us. 2020 is almost over. Just a few more days to go...
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home