Poll

how many of you have rooms that would make a human double take

yup
57 (54.8%)
blah
47 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Author Topic: a room fit for a furry  (Read 22345 times)

Offline Ol Rab

• Species: Honey Badger
  • Male
a room fit for a furry
« on: June 18, 2011, 01:42:06 pm »
Yup.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:59:19 pm by Ol Rab »

Offline PupLilith17

• "Merry Christmas!"
  • Female
Re: a room fit for a furry
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 02:01:37 pm »
my den is fit for a furry
no bed but i do have a sorta nest :D
there are few human things in my den
---------------------------------------http://brialilith.deviantart.com/

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 05:51:08 pm »
My fursona would never live in my room. It is too small yet to open. I have two large windows, but the walls are to close together. My fursona would like my yard though. It is very spacious and the trees form a nice canopy. The forest area would be very nice to him, and would give him plenty of time to relax.
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline Foxxhoria

• Male
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 07:54:35 pm »
My room requires a lot of physical effort to navigate, with lots of Lego all over the floor....  It's also very cluttered, which makes it cosy, and I also have a cabin bed, which is fun :) and it's also in need of a bit of a clean...

I'm sure it's very fit for one. me being one ;)
Understanding leads to empathy,
Empathy leads to admiration,
Admiration leads to love

Optimism leads to disappointment,
Pessimism leads to joy,
although, with optimism you are happy almost all the time,
and pessimism you are sad almost all the time.

Where's the line between being bored and generally too lazy to do anything? :p

Offline ChristopherLion

• Species: Lion
  • Male
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 12:22:52 am »
I have no room that I would consider furry, so I will describe my ideal furry room.  First it would have lion posters up.  Second, there would be plushies everywhere with Leo being my featured one.  He sits on my computer and inspires me.  Third there would be My tail, and Maleki's tails hanging on the wall and maybe eventually fursuits for each but that far off and only a pipe dream.  This room would be the lion's den so would have to have the ultimate computer system with multiple monitors and a couch for when im sleepy.  It needs to be ready for arting, writing, and flight simulators.

There would also have to be a work space where i can do physical art and space for working on clients computers.

Thats it for now.
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

FFL6arsw A-- C- D H+ M- P+ R+ T++++ W Z? Sm- RLE a++ cl d? e* f h++++ iw j- p- sm#

My FA site and art: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/christopherd./

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 03:26:52 am »
That how I got into Sanrio/ Hello Kitty, I wanted to decorate my studio apartment as and expression of my furrinnes but most furry stuff did not appeal to me. One day I look ant a hello kitty plush I kept from an liquidation sale and the rest was history.

I have over 30 hello Kitty plushies, figurines and my bedding been kittize. Sandly I missed the Hello Kitty bathroom items when they were available.

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 04:05:20 am »
 I have only three items in my room that could be considered firry; a old penceil drawing I did involveing a fox , a picture mand entirely out butterfly wings, amd I have a rabit fur kicking around.

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 10:45:08 am »
wolf pics, wolf calenders, furry art, wolf stuff, dragon stuff, boxes & closet of fur and fursuits, blanket pile on the bed whee I sleep, and not to mention the floofy hyena typing away at one of 10 computers in this room.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 10:48:24 am »
I have a pile of plushies (spreading across my room, slowly :o ). Tail hanging off my guitar stand. My blanket I use year round has a cat on looking at a butterfly, and a wolf blanket I keep folded up for when I need it. My dresser has a bunch of little carved stone animals. I have several posters (that need to be put up on the wall) and pictures and things - a couple of sonic and one from FWA'09, a framed cross-stitch someone did me of a cat I used to have, a few carved wooden fish, and some little novelty toys (Garfeild, Pokemon, My Little Pony [yup... x_x]).

So....yeah, my room makes a lot of people double take. It is either very furry...or like a teenaged girl's. :o
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 11:14:44 am »
oh  yes, I forgot about my wolf blanket too X3
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline ChristopherLion

• Species: Lion
  • Male
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 01:20:09 pm »
Leo and Leon sitting together on my computer. They inspire and keep me honest.

Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

FFL6arsw A-- C- D H+ M- P+ R+ T++++ W Z? Sm- RLE a++ cl d? e* f h++++ iw j- p- sm#

My FA site and art: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/christopherd./

Offline Lynk

• Male
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 02:37:59 pm »
My room requires a lot of physical effort to navigate, with lots of Lego all over the floor....  It's also very cluttered, which makes it cosy, and I also have a cabin bed, which is fun :) and it's also in need of a bit of a clean...

I'm sure it's very fit for one. me being one ;)

Except for the cabin bed part, this describes my room perfectly. Though, my Lego stuff isn't quite limited to the floor...  (:

Offline Lycusthevampyrum

• Male
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 04:58:06 pm »
Although Lycus would much prefer some Mayan ruins, my room definatly makes humans do a double-take when they walk inxD
Maybe it's the giant coca-cola bear beside my bed, or the bats hanging off my ceiling and on my tv, or possibly the pile of faux-fur in the corner, or the tail hanging off my guitar rack... x3
"... And if you disagree with us, please: feel free to keep that oppinion to yourself!" -- Jeremy Clarkson

Offline knightpazz

• what's a tummy :/
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 01:44:55 am »
well i like it cludered i sleep in a tent made on blankets and i dont let any one go in my room or near my stuff so i think its fit for me and me being a furry yes
If penguins had knees the world would be doomed

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 09:12:46 am »
I used to have a pile of dog plushies in my room but I got rid of them. These days I'm only interested in plushies if they're animatronic or have electronic innards.

My ideal Furry room would have wall to wall dog posters. A bed with dog bedsheets, pillowcases and blankets and electronic toy doggies everywhere.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 10:13:31 am »
I've got a fair few plushies lying around (mostly of extinct animals) and some furry art in progress that I keep meaning to try and finish.
And a pile of collars, a couple of leads and some bells to attach on to them on the side of my desk.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Meyaira Firespring

• Female
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 03:38:49 am »
I don't know if my room would be something a furry would like, seeing as I share a room with my younger sibling.

However, my side of the room has soft toys on the bed (a purple and blue teddy, a giant white teddy and a little abysinnian cat) a few anime posters, a sparkly lucky cat that waves it's paw to bring in good fortune, a leopard print bedspread and other brightly coloured soft and handmade blankets - one sparkly and brilliantly coloured patchwork quilt made by my mum, the other a multihued croquet wool blanket, a biscornu that is about the cutest thing ever and has little black cats on it, two real cats (who I love immensely) that often adorn the bedcovers and pillows with their beautiful prescence (hee hee  :D), and various other cat shaped or cat themed items, or things that cats would like.  :) Only problem is, the only part of the room that stays tidy is my bed. The rest of it is made messy by my sis.
Nyaa~!

Offline Magna

• Female
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 06:53:55 pm »
My current room would make pretty much everyone do a double take at the moment. I sleep on a mattress on the floor in the living room... No more room for me at home since I moved out for college and everyone expanded out to fill the space I left.

My ideal room would be nice and open, with the closet and bathroom nearby. Lots of windows, but big blackout curtains so I can actually sleep in late if I want to. I'd have a nice big squishy bed, lots of room for my computer, and space to put a fursuit (if/when I get one).

I'm kinda limited by what I can do at the moment, being at home. I can't wait until I get back from basic training and my tech school so I can rent my own place and not have to worry about other people getting into my things lol.

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 10:24:57 pm »
I chose Blah. I've seen lots of 'furry rooms' on FA and its usually so tacky its disgusting. Our bedroom is stylish for the most part. I do have a couple small pokémon beanies and some figures on the bookshelf, a coyote figurine, and two life size pokémon that sit on the floor in front of the bed or on it when we aren't in it (Eevee and Snivy, I made them. They end up in the living room on the couch too sometimes). Other than that.. I like good decor and good taste. That's just my (and my wife's) personal preferences.  8)

Offline Stigandr

• Male
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 01:22:51 pm »
On my bed is a wolf blanket and I have my tail hanging on display...that's about it. OH! and my computer screen has a picture of a fox on it. Aww yeaaa
Icon by Shynjy. Visit his FA for goodies!

Offline Mylo

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 11:11:30 pm »
I get bored of room designs every few weeks...I don't buy new things, but I do rearrange everything.  I like open, minimalist rooms one day, and closed, cozy rooms the next  ;) sigh, the only furry thing I have in my room is my computer wallpaper...but someday, I might get a cute fox plushie :D

Offline josh down

• Male
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 06:45:36 am »
i voted yes, but i actually guess not. i'm sorta borderline i think. i counted a while ago that in total (including myself) i have 11 lions in my room. that's posters, plushies and arts... and doesn't include pictures in books and/or dvds because i can't be bothered to count that. however, i have a lot of very human things too. i think the computer would be a give-away, as would the used food bowls and plates next to it. i also have music (in paper form) thrown around the room in a fairly chaotic fashion, and my two saxophones are slumped on the sofa awaiting my paws to wrap around them.

oh yeah... not to mention clothes.
just your average self-effacing, herbivorous predator

Offline wags

• Take the world
  • Female
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 08:29:55 pm »
Yeah my fursona would slap me if he saw my room now. Totally not what he'd want to live in. xD

Offline Chiscringle

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 04:02:47 pm »
All my plushies are on shelves.  My room is more an extension of the library than anything else.  In fact, most of the house serves the library.  To that effect, the odd shelf full of stuffed animals, bronze dragons or paintings of wizards and so on blend in.  It's not as much that the room is impressive as the entire house is.
My quad: Thrakmon

Wizard lynx: Loramendi

Main furry story: Kindle Store

FA: Chiscringle

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 08:34:48 pm »
The only thing I have in my room that I consider furry is a motivational poster that I made that has a drawing of my fursona on it.
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.