Author Topic: The Tale of Manor Blanc (OOC)  (Read 11887 times)

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
The Tale of Manor Blanc (OOC)
« on: July 31, 2015, 12:05:44 am »
Seeing how the this board seems to have died down a lot...i thought i might try to revitalize it a bit.

The young panther looked out on the bright morning, dew fresh on the grass. "My name is Alistar...I've been the head butler of Manor Blanc here for maybe...a month now? Feels like centuries working for this cursed place. Come to think of it i don't even know my employer, no name, no face, hardly a voice...nothing." He went back into his room and straightened out his shirt and coat as vehicles began to pull up to the front door one by one. "I've been told that a group of strangers have been invited here to play a game with half a million dollars in it for the winner...But if they only knew that the game they was about to play...was murder. The only way they will leave alive is by becoming the killer's most worthy opponent." he sighed. "Regardless...they are about to step in, put on a smile and put on a good show. Welcome to Manor Blanc!"

This will be a murder mystery RP where rather than tossing accusations out loud publicly and shooting at one another...Your wits, perception, and cunning are your weapons to help you stay alive. The only way to win is to figure out how each murder was committed and get it right to the letter...gets your facts too mixed up, and you might be next in the killer's crosshairs...

Also as another pick-up, the killer is amongst the guests' ranks. But who? The lone wolf across the room? Your friend right next to you? Perhaps...you?

Now for some rules for your stay in Manor Blanc!

1. No Godmodding or Metagaming. This will rely a fair bit on the honor system regarding information.
2. Limit two house guests per player.
3. When it comes to who lives and who dies, my word is final.
4. Be realistic when it comes to characters, after all not everyone invited would be a police officer or homicide detective.
5. Any arguments will be brought up and settled in the OOC. I will have the final word on all disputes.

Anyways, let's learn who'll be playing this diabolical game...

Name:
Backstory: (Why would they be invited to play this game of life and death? [Granted they don't know about the whole life and death thing])

(Characters to come later)

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
Re: The Tale of Manor Blanc (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 09:33:41 am »
It's a maybe, I might just join. I haven't rped in a long time.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 05:47:21 pm »
(*What's the expected level of activity for this RP?  I might be able to make a post either every day or every other day, but I don't think I'd be able to keep up with a pace any faster than that.*)
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 10:11:40 pm »
Well Amducious, i was making to kind of get people out of their duldrums so to speak.

Also regarding pace i'm thinking it would probably be rather slow-paced since a lot of the scenarios would be intricate and take time to plan out between how the deaths happen and the evidence left behind in the areas for the house guests to explore, i mean it might get a little faster with the open sessions where the guests talk about their findings but for the most part it'd be a kind of quality before quantity posting deal.

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 05:42:26 am »
(*Sounds good to me.

I'd like to submit a character for approval, in that case.  I have two characters that I've used in prior RPs, both of which are listed below; the first is my preference, but since he might be (read: probably is) OP for this particular RP, I've listed the second as a backup.*)

Name: Riél Santos
Species:  Black Wolf

Backstory:  From a very early age, Riél had come to the city of (*Caroline deleted.*), and within a startlingly short amount of time, he had risen through the ranks of the law enforcement's interrogations unit, foregoing education and training in all other disciplines of law enforcement in doing so.  While he generally isn't sociable with his co-workers, superiors, or many of his suspects, the city had begrudgingly continued to accept his employment on account of his superior ability to act in his capacity.

To Riél, knowledge is safety, power, and influence, and other people, or as he calls them, "targets", are sources of such knowledge.  His experience and talent given him an uncanny ability to tell when someone is lying or being deceitful.  In interrogations, Riél will do or say whatever he thinks will get the other person to reveal critical information; depending on the individual and circumstance, he may befriend his target, appeal to his target's moral sense, offer advocacy or protection to his target, threaten his target, pummel his target, or let himself be pummeled by his target.

Appearance:  Riél wears very simple attire: a plain shirt and pants with a belt.  A grey spot that covers his right ear and a sizable portion of the right side of his face is his only physically recognizable attribute; aside from this spot, his fur is completely black, and he appears to be completely ordinary.

Name:  Theris Pakan
Species:  Red Wolf

Background:  Theris is a highly intelligent individual.  At all times, he carries a book with an attached leather shoulder strap, which contains cryptic and seemingly unreadable "notes" on a large array of common knowledge, personal information, and messages between (*Are you still there?*) agents.  Theris is extremely attached to said book; he writes in it at times that might seem inappropriate, and he will refuse to let it leave his sight for any reason whatsoever.

He isn't as well known as most.  Those who do know of him might know that his book is a primary reason why Theris is a messenger for the (*I'm different!*) Empire.  Those the few who know him reasonably well would know that Theris has poor memory in many areas, and fills his otherwise blank book with words in his constructed graphical language so that his long term memory can be triggered by these words later on.  Without such triggers, Theris can function, but he would not be able to recall many of his personal and social memories (his basic world knowledge and language ability are also affected, but much less dramatically).  For Theris, being without his book is literally like being without half of his brain.

Appearance:  In addition to his book, Theris wears a plain but excessively worn garb consisting of long pants, a tunic, boots, and a hat.

(*Please excuse the humorous city redactions; I wasn't sure what era/time period to put these characters in, and I couldn't resist the opportunity for humor.*)
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 10:42:17 am »
Name:Ashen Faltilia
Species: (Humans allowed)Rabbit
Backstory: Prior crime involvement, he was a gay male prostitute who later used his blackmail to transition into much heavier crime, including but not limited to treason, war crimes, bank robbery, attempted murder,etc
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:27:03 pm by Jacoby Quinn »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 02:45:09 am »
I think I'm going to sit this one out, I know, it's been a long time. This just doesn't seem like my type of RP, sorry. :(
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 09:17:06 am »
I'm up for joining, one moment and i'll track my character sheet :D

Is that ok?

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 06:00:47 pm »
Name: Rouen Blackrose
Species: Panther
Appearance:  Standing at 6'7 wearing a long white leather trench coat that hung just above the ground, upon the back of it was a set of red wings done in rubies and fire topaz. Under the coat the figure wore a pair of black leather knee high boots that had straps across it, a pair of skin tight black leather pants tucked into the boots, white spirals going up the legs. Wearing no shirt just revealing the dark black fur with white spots, the white spots had a little mix of red in them as well, a scar going  across the stomach, along with a multitude of them along his sides and back. His right arm missing now due to an accident. Brushing aside long white hair with red and black tips. His eyes were orange in color. [when not with his trench coat] He wears a pair of white leather pants with lacing going up the sides in dark purple, bells attached to them along the bottoms of the legs. [missing his right arm]

Backstory: Growing up in a run down neighborhood Rouen from an early age had to learn to defend what was his from others. He found out fast that even your own brother could betray you and sell you out to others to protect themselves, over the years he grew tougher with every battle always preferring hand to hand combat over using a weapon like a coward.

When he turned fifteen he was offered a job at a local gym by the owner, he worked hard keeping the place clean and even started to use real work out equipment rather then stuff he would find lying around on the streets. One day a street gang came to the gym and insulted the owner. Rouen stood up for him and challenge the head of the gang to step into the ring and fight it out. The crowd gathered as they got in there and went at each other Rouen quickly overpowering the other and breaking his leg not knowing how to keep control of his own power.

The rest of the gang jumped in to help their leader and were trying to get the upper hand as Rouen seemed almost feral and didn't back down or show fear. After the battle he stood there as someone took notice and later that week he was asked to come fight at an underground fight club. He would be paid rather well and could work his way up the ranks. Not knowing if he should take the offer or not he thought about it and finally agreed to it on a condition the gym and the owner would be looked after from the gangs. It was agreed upon and spent the next few years working his way through the ranks. Starting to draw attention to other underground fight clubs inviting him there to fight as well, eventually gaining fame through the underground circuits. Losing didn't cause him much grief as he would work harder to win later

Shortly after turning 32 he was out driving one day when he ended up in a wreck. When he woke up he found out his right arm had to be amputated due to it. He went through recovery and tried to get back to his fighting only to be quickly outmatched due to his missing limb.

[will put up another shortly a gambler hehe, I figured the prize fighter would be a nice twist cause of now he has no way of paying for things and the gambler I will post later well...who could resist a gamble?]

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 06:32:32 pm »
Name: Natura
Species: White Arctic Wolf (transmutes into (most common) wolf; snow white, human-hybrid; snow white and (rarely) human.  Blond hair, blue eyes, 5'9, average build)
Personality: lighthearted, excitable, cautious and shy easily.  Attempts to be wise but not always intelligent.  Wants to help, and playful with people he knows.

Backstory:  A recent traveller to a small hamlet brought the piece of paper crumpled to his fingers.  The white wolf hot under the baking sun, strolled the rolling hills thick with moist green leaves of the hefty forest.  The landscape was beautiful and lively with forest creatures as he scampered on to the great manner ahead.  He was appointed one of the handy gardeners for controlling the exuberant acres of frivolous decorations.  It was a simple job, and yet with the mannor so close to the livestock, it gave him good times of frolicking into the wilderness, treading many paths that weaved there.

Years passed to a day of sudden silence as he ventured into the mansion.  He stood before the family of the manor house glaring at him.  Theft had occurred, it appeared that the missing luxuries were found in the private chambers of his greenhouse.  Theft, he was a accused of.  Their faces red with anger, shading the green disgust they felt within.  He was shown the jewels placement before stripped of his small home, his belongings and cascaded out of the home, empty of items and filled with confusion.

He did not know any who was against him, nor who mentioned hatred towards him or the manor.  It seemed only a poor choice of a muggers hiding place, pulling him into such a scandal.  Without lead though he could only carry the twinge of bitterness at the bottom of this thick confusion that turfed him out of pocket, place or propriety.

He was accustomed to survive in the wilderness, but that was not his choice to live, and without money or shelter he felt the civility wilt within his insides.  He had to find his second chance...

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 05:26:54 pm »
Well why not?  Besides, Nedan needs a chance to do something.

Name: Nedan Dyster
Species: Freetail Bat
Backstory: Nedan claims to have been a very important man who was a part of a very important organization.  A very important organization that for whatever reason no longer exists.
Appearance: Nedan is not a tall person, standing a mere five foot three when standing straight (and most of the time he's hunched forward, making him look even smaller.)  He has thin, dark grey fur, allowing his ghostly white skin to show through under the right light.  His beady black eyes aren't doing him any favors in the "not looking like a zombie" department either.

Of course by Nedan's standards, telling you that much about himself is already pushing the limits of what is safe.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:07:14 pm by HazardJackal »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 09:28:43 pm »
well...wow, you guys really seemed to latch on to this idea i see. Good to see, I shall take some time to read through the character cards and see what's good, what needs work and all that.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 09:51:57 pm »
For redyoshi: In regards to Riel, i think he'd know more how to get his story straight and kind of have a strategy in mind. So i don't think he's too overpowered, he'll have some kind of edge that's for sure. But since he's a little young maybe scale him back a little in skills. For Theris, he should be fine. I'll allow you to play both if you scale Riel back a little.

For Hazard (Tren): A little short on the descrip but i'll accept it. Nedan does need to get out a little...even if it is his last outing... :o also for a second character take your time.

For Natura: Card seems to check out fine, also good to see you back.

For Gauthar: Alright, the card's golden from what i'm seeing.

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 07:41:26 pm »
woohooo, tahnk you!!!

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2015, 04:06:38 am »
For redyoshi: In regards to Riel, i think he'd know more how to get his story straight and kind of have a strategy in mind.

This line lends me to believe that Riél's power might have been misunderstood.  Riél's strength is interrogation specifically, not investigation, detective work, or deceit in a more general scope.  He's used to having other people doing investigative work for him, and if forced into the role, he'd be only average or marginally above at the task (since he's regularly exposed to the fruits of others' labor in the field, even though he doesn't do that work himself).  As a consequence of his focus, he's also not as proficient at manipulating or lying to groups as he is doing the same to individuals.

So i don't think he's too overpowered, he'll have some kind of edge that's for sure. But since he's a little young maybe scale him back a little in skills.

His young age is deliberate; Riél is gifted at interrogation, and moreover, he's driven to pursue the art.  (There are missing details here, though I don't expect them to be relevant to this RP; if you want them, I can PM them to you.)  If you think he's too young for the skill, I can bump up his age a bit; alternatively, if you think the skill's a bit much for the RP, I can tone that down instead.
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 01:55:51 am »
Do I have to be 21+ or does my character have to be 21+? This sounds interesting and I have never rp'd before.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 12:34:08 pm »
Doc: The character or characters you use have to be 21 or older.

redyoshi: now that you put it that way, that makes more sense. Riel should be fine, you can also use Theris as well.

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 07:23:35 pm »
Alright... New 'sona for role play...
Name: Lance
Species: timber wolf
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 177 lb
Special markings: None
Colors: looks like an ordinary timber wolf with exception of brown eyes.
Strengths: good swordsman, tech genius, stubborn, resistant to cold.
Weaknesses: Weak memory, can't take heat very well, stubborn, drawn to the unknown, loves to take risks.
Back story: At age 16, his father taught him how to construct a sword, and trained him to use that sword. He still uses it today and carries it with him, wherever he goes. He was always good with the computer and even built his own. He is  a very stubborn guy and doesn't give up on things easily. At age 25 he was in a bank, depositing his money when someone decided to rob the bank. Lance used his custom sword to smite the robber, but got shot six times in the process. He concluded his business at the bank and went to the hospital to get the bullets removed. Is not invincible, however he doesn't acknowledge most pain and will fight to the death if needs be.

He is strong, but weak. He dresses in casual clothing like a zip up hoodie, jeans and t shirt along with his sword. He can be influenced if he hasn't yet made up his mind. He can also be a little bit naive.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 08:37:28 pm »
In that case, I'll go ahead and have Riél take part in this RP.  While I've never done two PCs in the same forum RP before, I'll throw Theris in as well if other players submit second PCs as well (I'm mostly indifferent either way, but I'd rather not be the only person with more than one PC).

What's the target number of players/PCs for this RP?
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 12:24:27 am »
I initially planned for roughly a dozen house guests between all the players, but i will fill in the gaps if needed not to worry.

And Doc: Looks good from what i see, i'll accept it.

Offline Reverb

• Species: Siberian Husky
  • Uh... Woof?
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 09:23:36 pm »
Name: James
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 137
Color: Jet black fur with purple eyes
Species: (Humans allowed) Jack Russel Terrier
Backstory: James comes from a family of cops and was raised in Brooklyn, New York. Once he graduated high school his father pushed him to be a cop, but he was insistent on being a crime scene investigator. He worked at the police station in New York (once he grew up), working on cases from murder to kidnappings. Then he received a letter in the mail, inviting him to the manor.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:35:09 pm by Reverb »
Never give in be yourself, never give into what people say. If you do you'll be nothing but a pawn in the game of society. If someone isn't like you, don't hate, just be happy for them, no matter what.

Peace can only be obtained by the people of the world wanting it and all wanting it the same way. Not one wanting it one way and the other wanting another way. We all have to view peace the same.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 11:06:54 pm »
Just fill it out and i'll see if it's appropriate Reverb, i'll need to see before i can judge if it's alright or not.

I think Jacoby is thinking of carding up for this and I think wise told me he might do this one. After everyone's finished carding up, i'll begin elaborating on this more to you all.

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2015, 06:40:19 am »
T-Yoshi, have you heard back from Wise?
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2015, 09:59:49 am »
I've not heard back from him yet, i'll need to get in touch with him.

And Reverb, looks fine. Approved.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2015, 02:40:42 pm »
I finally filled mine in
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?