Author Topic: The price of royalty (1x1 with skyfire)  (Read 4128 times)

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
The price of royalty (1x1 with skyfire)
« on: January 16, 2016, 07:02:25 pm »
Githis, the crown prince of the royal country of Avalon, rose with a yawn, stretching in the bright morning light fading in through his windows. His personal manservant greeted him respectfully, helping the wolf choose an outfit for the day, suitable for movement while still being worth his station. Soon the prince was draped in robes of black, outlined with violet, and outfitted in silver jewelry with amethyst insets. His ebony fur was brushed out and lightly rubbed with scented oils, his teeth washed with a chemical the royal physician sent to brighten them, and ready for the day. He grinned at his manservant. "Bring Skylar to me at once! Tell him I must see him, there are things to be done!"
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
Re: The price of royalty (1x1 with skyfire)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 11:28:12 pm »
A similar process went on in the chambers of Skylark of Avonsdale, a fox from that region given long ago as a gift to appease the lord of Avalon. The major difference in the two morning routines, was that the fox did everything himself, and his robes were not quite as fancy, nor trimmed in the purple of royalty, but rather, the stark white of an important furson, around the upper-middle of the social order of the court. Skylark had just finished brushing his fine red fur, when a knock sounded at the door. "One moment." Skylark called, putting his robes back on and answering the summons to Githis's chambers promptly. "You sent for me?"
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 12:05:52 am »
Githis nodded formally, managing to look serious for a few moments, before breaking down and pulling his closest friend into a tight hug. "Skylar, you know what today is right?" He let the question hang in the air for a few moments before answering it himself. "My 21st winter! Im finally a real man!" He laughed out load, peering out the window over the kingdom, tail wagging. "I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it!"
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 04:21:47 pm »
Skylark managed to hold the formal look for as long as Githis did. Knowing his friend, Skylark held his silence until Githis answered his own question. The fox's ear twitched in slight annoyance as Githis got his name wrong, just like the manservant. However, the fox shoved that notion aside, instead focusing on the mutual joy. "I know, Githis. It's exciting, isn't it? We're both men now!" Skylark's own 21st winter party had been three days ago. Skylark moved to stand behind Githis, gazing out across the land. The fox's thoughts turned to the future. "I heard that your father is throwing a banquet tonight. Do you think he's finally going to knight me? After all, we've trained together, and, like it or not, my skill in javelin is better." Skylark had always wanted to be a knight, it was his lifelong goal.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 09:05:07 pm »
Githis elbowed his friend with a snort. "You were supposed to correct me. There is a K in your name, I know." He sighed, thinking on the question. "In all likelyhood, father will have you knighted. You are one of our best warriors, and we need strong knights to protect the realms. But you know, being good with a javelin doesnt make you knight material..." He smiled at his friend, ears perked. "You know your only okay with a sword..."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 09:55:53 pm »
Skylark took the elbow and playfully returned it, smirking at the prince. "I decided to let you say whatever you wanted. It is your 21st winter day after all." The fox looked at the prince as githis answered his question. The jibe was met with a raised eyebrow. "Uh-huh. First off, how can you kill me with your sword if I spear you like a fish ten meters away? Second, I'm okay with the sword, but you've heard the weapon-masters talk about how gifted I am with the war axe." Skylark looked seriously at the prince for a moment, before breaking out into that irrepressible smile of his. It was a good day, and skylark was happy for his close friend.
10K post club.

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 10:55:24 pm »
Githis laughed at his friend, swatting at the other male and growling. "Oh, is that so? Then do not simply speak! Lets head to the armory, and ill show you how a prince of Avalon fights!" He struck a heroic pose for his own amusment, swatting at the fox with his walking stick
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 11:57:30 pm »
Skylark followed, having nimbly dodged the clumsy attempt by the prince to swat him. "You'll show me how a prince of Avalon fights?" The fox laughed, deftly dodging the walking stick. "I think you're simply going to show me how a prince of Avalon poses, you walking rug!" Skylark followed along, bright and cheerful, sometimes darting in front of the prince to adopt a mocking impression of how Githis walked. It was all in good fun, of course.
10K post club.

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 12:33:10 pm »
Githis chuckled, waiting until Skylark ducked forward, to imitate his calmer more serene walk, except for one time when he smacked the other male on the rump with the end of his stick and darted past. Guards and courtiers leapt out of the two males way, knowing the two males penchant for mischeif and not desiring to be caught in their games
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 05:04:51 pm »
(I feel so sad.. I kinda want them to go off for awhile and have fun on a quick trip, just the two of them, before the world comes crashing down.)

Skylark gave a startled indignant yelp, turning to scold Githis. Instead, the fox was knocked to the side as the wolf darted past. This prompted another yelp from the fox as he stumbled, falling into the arms of a maid. Unabashed, Skylark gave her a wide smile and a wink. "Sorry milady, I'm afraid true love's first kiss will have to wait for another day." The fox quipped, joking around again before taking off after Prince Githis, who had a significant lead. Skylark was faster though, and gained on the prince.
10K post club.

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 01:39:31 am »
(then do so, you are the co-dm sky)

The maid swooned at the handsome males cheeky remark, Githid unable to resist a quip over his shoulder. "Yes, a regular fairytale prince you are my friend, now perhaps you could hurry yourself?" He laughed at the male, tail wagging as he darted down the hall, ahead of the male, heading forward swiftly
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 11:53:15 am »
(How about this: Our characters go off and spar, then do leisure activities until the time comes to get ready for the party. It goes smoothly, except when the king knights people towards the end, Skylark isn't one of them. Skylark doesn't say anything, he waits until Githis is off having fun with other friends, before going up to the king and his ministers. He asks them, and the king treats him like dirt, telling him he'll never be a knight. Skylark leaves quickly, quietly, without interrupting the party. Skylark will leave, without telling anyone, heading off to a place he and Githis know. Who and how they come after him, it's up to you. I don't care to know that part, but do you agree with the rest?)

Skylark chuckled, settling into an easy, ground-eating lope to gain on Githis with every stride. He was naturally athletic, like most foxes. Skylark was slim, not large in size, but surprisingly strong, with every ounce on his frame a muscle. That was why the waraxe was so good for him, Skylark could put every ounce on his body behind each swing, delivering crushing blows many wouldn't expect from an opponent his size. "Hah. Fairytale prince yourself, fatty! I'm gaining on you!" Skylark called out, his own bushy tail swishing in time with his strides.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 12:48:46 pm by SkyFire »
10K post club.

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 06:51:40 pm »
(Yes, agreed my furry friend)

Githis Shot a snarl over his shoulder, dropping back and poucing on the fox. "Take that back you half-breed mutt!" He batted at the other male, not harshly or roughly, but more playfully
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 10:32:03 pm »
(Erm, Rose... I know I'm probably going to regain reputation as the post length nazi, but three lines please, ok?..)

Skylark deftly rolled to the side, leaving the prince to pounce on the stone floor. "Alright, I do take it back. Your waistline is gaining on your belt!" The fox laughed, blocking the wolf's swing and swiping playfully back at the prince. Skylark was smiling, he was happy. Things couldn't be going better, especially since he had the upper hand for the moment in this latest playful wrestling match.
10K post club.

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 11:59:20 pm »
The wolf darted and skipped about, about to launch himself at the other male before a loud cough echoed from behind the two. "Gentleman...If you could please move your game somewhere else please?" Behind the two was the head of arms, master Lykan. The old husky was a master with weaponry, fists, and anything else he decided to pick up. He folded his arms as he surveyed the two. "May I ask why you two seem bent on completely destroying all order and calm in the castle this morning? Perhaps if you two have so much energy, I can have you cleaning the armory?"
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 05:09:31 pm »
Skylark instantly stopped and turned to face Master Lykan, respectfully bowing. Whereas some had discriminated against the fox because of his station and the fact he had been given as a gift, the old husky had not, giving skylark fair and just treatment. Through that, Skylark had built up an immense amount out respect for the husky, sometimes going to him for advice when Githis wasn't available. Skylark liked to think of Master Lykan as his mentor in the art of weaponry, due to the fair and just treatment the husky had shown him. Thats why the fox immediately stopped playing and helped Githis to his feet, apologizing respectfully as he did so. "I apologize, Master Lykan. We meant no harm, but I see now how our behavior was.... Disruptive to the normal order of things. We will do better in the future not be disruptive."
10K post club.

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 07:02:00 pm »
Lykan's face stayed stony, before it finally softened into a proud smile as he surveiled the two young furs. "Well, you boys, both finally grown up. I'm proud of you both. If you come by the training grounds later, I have a gift for you two. The pair of you have done well over the years, and I am honored to be your mentor..." Githis grinned, ears perked, but Lykan immediatly launched back into speech. "Of course, now that you are both men, I expect you both to work even harder for honor, glory, and country."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu