Author Topic: Therian/Otherkin Area  (Read 5953 times)

Offline Rocco

• Species: German Shepherd
  • Male
Therian/Otherkin Area
« on: May 17, 2016, 05:35:03 pm »
I'm a therian, but it's pretty hard to find others here. Could we please have a place for that, probably under community group sub-forums?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Therian/Otherkin Area
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 05:46:18 pm »
I don't see the need for a separate therian group. Not because I don't like or welcome therians, but simply because Furtopia is already accepting of such a group. We welcome furries, therians, and even people who don't want to be furry but still come here to learn about the fandom.
In all the time I've been here, Furtopia never banned therians or therian discussion. We've got plenty of various forums already where somebody can post a therian topic and discuss it.

In other words, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Offline Rocco

• Male
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 05:52:53 pm »
The reason for a therian/otherkin area is so we can find each other easier and post our topics in a area that increases the possibility of other therian/otherkin seeing it. Then non therian/otherkin wouldn't have to sort through our topics. The average furry couldn't care less about shifting or theriotype.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 06:01:58 pm »
You did read this, right, in the pinned thread?

If we add another board, then we have to take into consideration if the "traffic flow/interest/demand" for that new board justifies us having it. If people don't see it, use it, etc., then it just sits there and doesn't get used, then why have it?

Offline Rocco

• Male
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 06:09:49 pm »
Yes I did.

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 05:32:26 am »
It's not a bad idea, but the current activity level of the occasional therian thread every few months is nowhere near enough to warrant a whole section.

If you or others would like to see a therian sub forum created in the future, my recommendation is to increase interest by creating discussion topics on the subject in the boards we currently have.
If we see that there's enough sustainable interest and enough members regularly taking part, it could make it more feasible to create a sub forum for it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:34:44 am by Storm Fox »
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline Rocco

• Male
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 04:57:36 pm »
It's not a bad idea, but the current activity level of the occasional therian thread every few months is nowhere near enough to warrant a whole section.

If you or others would like to see a therian sub forum created in the future, my recommendation is to increase interest by creating discussion topics on the subject in the boards we currently have.
If we see that there's enough sustainable interest and enough members regularly taking part, it could make it more feasible to create a sub forum for it.
Sounds acceptable to me.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 03:45:12 am »
 I've met a lot of therians here on the forums, and I have never seen discussion discouraged. That being said, a Therian board has never been created because of (first off) lack of traffic, and because therians can create discussion threads freely on the boards that exist (provided they are topic relevant). If a therian wants to be found, all they have to do is put that information in their signature where it is easily seen every time they post.

I don't, but that's because I see that as a personal part of myself that shouldn't be paraded around. I am much more likely to respond to therian related threads, however, because I enjoy the discussion.

That being said, there is a reason I hang out here and not on Therian forums. :p
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson