Author Topic: My Rarity Plush  (Read 4568 times)

Offline Luku

• "Tell 'em I said something cool."
  • Male
My Rarity Plush
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:48:59 am »
My first attempt at plushies!

This was something of a group effort, we all pitched in. It was great fun, and I'm happy with how she turned out. I used one of the many basic pony patterns out there on the interwebs for the body, and added the horn, hair and tail to make her look like Rarity.

The eyes and cutie mark are iron-on. Works very well, better than paint, I'd say. The fabric is fleece all over.

My advice to anyone wanting to make one? Go for it! It's easier than it seems. You'll probably need a sewing machine, that or a LOT of patience... but you'll surely have fun!

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: My Rarity Plush
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 04:25:27 pm »
Aaw, she's cute! Looks nice and cuddly as well.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 02:11:34 am »
Really good job! :)
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 02:18:57 pm »
That's really well done, and looks fun!! :D

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 11:44:45 pm »
I would buy that from you if you could make me a plushy of my oc. Name your price!
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Luku

• Male
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 12:16:08 pm »
Thanks muchly, Wise One! I'm really very flattered that you'd like to buy one, that's probably the best compliment a brony could hope for.

I'd really like to make a plush for you, especially one of your own character. I'm not sure if I need some practise before I make one for somebody else though. Even more so, as there's actual money involved - and there are pony makers out there who could do a far better job than I could.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 02:48:52 pm »
I just gotta say that the highest I would go is $25 and I would be happy to send it to you in the mail. I normally turst a lot of people. You sound pretty trustworthy by the sounds of it. But I understand that you need more practice and I will happily give you your time.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 12:37:55 am »
My first attempt at plushies!

This was something of a group effort, we all pitched in. It was great fun, and I'm happy with how she turned out. I used one of the many basic pony patterns out there on the interwebs for the body, and added the horn, hair and tail to make her look like Rarity.

The eyes and cutie mark are iron-on. Works very well, better than paint, I'd say. The fabric is fleece all over.

My advice to anyone wanting to make one? Go for it! It's easier than it seems. You'll probably need a sewing machine, that or a LOT of patience... but you'll surely have fun!

Eee! She is so cute! All that soft marshmallowy goodness in one floofeh pony!  :D How did you manage to get iron on eyes and symbol?
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 06:57:54 am »
Eee! She is so cute! All that soft marshmallowy goodness in one floofeh pony!  :D How did you manage to get iron on eyes and symbol?

You can buy blank iron-on transfer paper at craft stores, and then print whatever you want to transfer from a standard printer. Luku would have to verify, but I'm guessing this is how it was done. There are enough vectors running around online for these things that it would be easy to find something to use, that is, if you're like me and don't have the artistic talent to do it yourself :P

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Luku

• Male
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 09:40:01 am »
Ziel nailed it :D.