Author Topic: Your fursona's fashion style!  (Read 24423 times)

Offline Naade

• Just monkeying around!
  • Female
    • My FA
Your fursona's fashion style!
« on: June 29, 2011, 07:32:44 am »
I'll just number the questions to keep it light!

1. What kind of clothes does your fursona wear, if they wear any at all? Is it just a general style (goth, raver, steampunk, cyberpunk, casual, historical/period etc)?

2. Do they wear things you wear, things you want to wear, or something else?

3. Do they have any accessories? Are they optional?

4. What's your favorite outfit for your fursona?

5. Does your fursona have special clothes for their species or anatomy? (For example, a bat with snap-on clothes.)

Go ahead, I'm curious to know! This isn't some thinly veiled attempt to get ideas for my fursona's fashion, not at all >_>

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Your fursona's fashion style!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 10:02:47 am »
My fursona dresses in a gothic style, like I do, usually black but with occasional blues and reds. She always has nine earrings and a navel bar (again, like I do) and a collar. Her outfits are usually what I actually wear, but are sometimes what I would like to wear if I had the money, heh.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 10:23:07 am »
I'm rather Narcissistic and am especially proud of my stripes. So clothing is pretty much a no no for me. After you see my butt, you'll understand hehe.

As for assessories, again, I really dont have anything that is a regular prop. I have a leather belt pouch that will hold a wallet, camera and other essentials while I'm at the Vendor's Room as a con and I'm suiting at the time. But thats about it. Oh, I might walk around with a sports bottle with a long straw, usually filled with water or some type of electrolyte. But that is only for hydration purposes only and not really a part of the fursona.

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 11:02:03 am »
I mentioned this on another thread, but I prefer for my fursona not to wear clothes. I think fur is a sufficient covering, especially during the warmer half of the year - and during the summer, I think it's cruel and unusual to make furries wear clothes on top of their fur, lol. Think of how hot and matted you would get!

At colder times of the year, though, my fursona is allowed to wear the awesome coat in my avatar. 8)

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 11:33:32 am »
My Fursona is dressed militaristic, or what you would see a wanderer w ear.

He has a trench coat, thick leather jeans, and a pair of very large combat boots. He also has a walking stick, where if you rotate the handle correctly blades will come out and it becomes a broadsword.

He considers them a form of protection, which has been proven correct on several occasions.

His trench coat is a family heirloom, from his great, great grandfather, who fought in the war of skulls. The trench coat has three unique properties. The first is that it is made of a hardened material that makes it flame resistant, bullet proof, and quite flexible for the wearer. The second is that when ever you need money, all you need to do is reach into the left pocket and, you will retrieve a gold minted coin. The third and most important, is that if you button out the coat all the way, it can create an illusion of the wearers appearance. My fursona usually uses this so he doesn't have to buy a suit for a fancy party. He also uses it to become invisible (He needs to use that one a lot).

I am fan of coats. If possible I would wear a coat every day. The fact that they were designed to keep you comfortable and protected, is something I admire. I sadly do not have any heirlooms or trench coats, so all I have in common with my fursona is that I have his broadsword. (I hope he doesn't come looking for it...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 11:43:15 am by Ragnorrock_13 »
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 12:05:48 pm »

as you can see i wear a long sleeve yellow undershirt, with a double shouldered red jacket with a yellow accent going up the center.
a large yellow sash around my waist, and a pair of red hakama pants.
the geta have a hole in the back for my tail to come out of.

shoes are optional, but when dressing fancy a pair of Geta are worn

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline PupLilith17

• "Merry Christmas!"
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 01:20:11 pm »
my fursona doesnt normally where clothes due to the fact of having fur (it is a bit uncomfortible to wear clothes on fur)
but when she does its usually goth/punk in style
a robe or cape
and sort of scaf to rap the wings
favourite fursona outfit isnt an outfit its her zombie form
complete with chains and bandages :D
---------------------------------------http://brialilith.deviantart.com/

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 05:32:31 pm »
Avan likes capes, long coats, and nothing, and also has an azarian director's uniform (reminiscent of military uniforms) used for international formal events. (Generally azarians wear nothing other than situational or occupational safety gear - Avan is eccentric even by azarian standards, though its in little ways by comparison).
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Mylo

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 06:05:47 pm »
Usually a combination of white and black...t-shirts, military shirts, and black pants

Offline Spiral_Galaxy

• ...bang...
  • Male
    • My DA
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 06:16:42 pm »
Capes and scraves are a must. when it comes to street/casual, I always draw my characters with shirts I wish I had, or I wish would be made.
Also shoes, boots or tennis shoes, which are uncommon among anthros

Offline Naade

• Just monkeying around!
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 09:59:48 am »
Oh wow, thank you whoever stickied this :3

I'm getting a lot of awesome ideas. I think I've decided what I want my fursona to wear. She's the type who'll wear ripped up jeans and a band t-shirt (probably Placebo, Nirvana, Beck or Flogging Molly), no shoes, and sometimes a fedora.

I'm thinking of my other character's styles!

Offline Lost_Cause

• Male
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 05:15:03 pm »
Pants
My fursona wears pants.
Highly conveniant things.
They contain pockets.
Pockets can contain other things.
They also keep particular parts of ones anatomy sheltered.
Which is handy.
I’ve made my statement and I stand by it, but I could be wrong.

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 09:07:50 pm »
Usually nothing but a collar and cool sunglasses, although in the company of humans or other creatures of modesty I may also wear pants, a shirt, a riding coat, boots, and an Akubra.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 10:57:56 am »
1. Junyad usually either wears plain old travel clothing (He usually resides in a fantasy setting) or a wizard's robe. No shoes, due to paws. He doesn't mind being naked though.

2. Nope. He pretty much does his own thing.

3. No accessories really :o

4. I like him with his family robe. It's black and red.

5. Junyad is a Tuxedo Cat. Therefore, he's ALWAYS wearing special clothes :D! He's ready to go to a wedding even if he's naked

Offline Lycusthevampyrum

• Male
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 11:40:10 am »
1. What kind of clothes does your fursona wear, if they wear any at all? Is it just a general style (goth, raver, steampunk, cyberpunk, casual, historical/period etc)?

How could a bat possibly wear clothes? xD lol, but my Canine characters all wear gothic leather trench-coats from time to time!

Yeah, I've been wanting a gothic leather trench-coat since I was 9, I'm just waiting untill I'm 19 so I don't grow out of it xP

All of the characters in one of my story ideas wear gothic crosses with a hidden dagger in them!

My actual fursona? Fur. My characters, anything from armour to said trench-coatsxD

5. Does your fursona have special clothes for their species or anatomy? (For example, a bat with snap-on clothes.)

Snap-on clothes for a bat? *face wings* why didn't I think of this?!
xD He does now have snap on clothes, thank you  :D
"... And if you disagree with us, please: feel free to keep that oppinion to yourself!" -- Jeremy Clarkson

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 07:42:44 pm »
My fursona wears whatever she want's, most of the time. (She can go from Lolita to casual in about 5 minutes) Though I should note that her favorite style of outfit is a form-fitting top, a big, billowing over shirt, and baggy pants (and a belt, if necessary!).
Just like her creator! :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 01:07:07 pm by Leeseetsa »
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Brad9995

• Male
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 10:34:41 am »
all my fursona wears are jeans...and i always wear jeans...even during the summer.  :o

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 03:41:23 pm »
Robot dogs don't tend to wear clothes as the fabric may get caught in the joints or interfere with movement. But I am heavily armored so I don't need them anyway.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Zanner

• Vermont Rocks! Maybie..
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 04:35:13 pm »
My fashion style: bootcut jeans, logo tee, and on open button-pup shirt. brand-name sneakers. Spiked hair.

My fursona's fashion style: he same, but take away the logo tee and shoes.

fascinating.
The meaning of life, is to live it.<br /><br />____<br /><br />Nothing is impossible, only improbable.

My FurAffinity page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/zanner/

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 09:34:03 pm »
Pretty much same as I mine, I suppose.
A preference for t-shirt under a button-up shirt and vest, blue jeans [or slacks], Vans or similar. And jackets as soon as it gets cool enough.
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 02:19:01 am »
1. What kind of clothes does your fursona wear, if they wear any at all?
   Is it just a general style (goth, raver, steampunk, cyberpunk, casual, historical/period etc)? Well I love my gadgets and gizmos so I need plenty of pockets, and that means Cargo Pants. Additionally a shirt maybe, but always a nice light Duster. Boots are used when I'm worried about my feet.

For the most part, the Duster is something I'd like but other than that I've got most of that stuff.

A custom made pistol and an enchanted sword. They are very optional.

That one, that's all not much else.

5. Does your fursona have special clothes for their species or anatomy?
   Other than the gaping hole for the large tail not much.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:20:36 am by Emerald Blade »
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 06:00:34 am »
HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THIS?

Post apocalyptic mixed with princely style. Fancypants apocalypse I shall call it, all made by himself from all kinds of nasties.

I would wear it, perhaps one day I'll make it.

AK-47 with bayonette, Knife, cigarettes, shackle around his neck, perhaps gloves if he feels like it. But strictly no hats or scarves because they'd mess with the hairdo

The one I just designed, I should do a detailed reference for it sometime.

This one fits better with my birdguy character, who would need special alterations to allow him to wear clothes with wings and no shoes.

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 11:19:52 am »
I would say, generally speaking, that my fursona would be dressed in 1940s clothing especially a zoot suit. Why? Because the suit looks like it and I have a sheer enthusiasm for that era, too!