Author Topic: Comparing EVERYTHING to the Nazis for political reasons  (Read 10651 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Comparing EVERYTHING to the Nazis for political reasons
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2016, 01:11:53 pm »
We might be surprised how many Closet haters we have in the country. Many
people often make remarks about not liking one thing or another. So if the
environment appeared they would come right out and join the crowd.

Making references to Hitler is easy for some one like Trump. His ideas fit
to some degree. But i am inclined to think he is more like Putin than Hitler.
A man who feels total control by the super rich is best for him and us all.

Of course Hitler wanted control. He felt germany should rule the world. To
prove the blue eyed fair haired german race was supreme.  Trump just feels
knowing how to be rich makes you best to run the world. That is if your
a white man. 
oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2016, 11:53:21 pm »
It was over a year ago when I heard someone address some students who thought it clever to lable as Nazis anyone they disagreed with. Under the Nazis--if you followed their rules, they pretty much left you alone. Under the Communists--One could be a party member and they would kill you anyway.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline animagusurreal

• Finishing the Hat
  • Male
    • VividGroovy.com
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2017, 11:24:08 pm »
Sorry for neglecting this thread for so long.

New development. I just saw a trailer for a recent propaganda film that uses the return of Nazism as a scare tactic...and it's from the right wing, directed, produced and co-written by Trump strategist Steve Bannon. It's called "Torchbearer", and it stars Phil Robertson of "Duck Dynasty" fame/infamy. I'd post a link, but some of it is actually a bit graphic. Half of the trailer attempts to scare the viewer with random footage of Nazis, Islamic terrorists, a French Revolution guillotine* re-enactment, "In God We Trust" disappearing from a dollar bill, and Miley Cyrus "twerking", with the implication that these are all more-or-less the same thing. "In the absence of God," Robertson's voice-over claims, "the man with the biggest stick determines your worth." (Ironically, on the poster, Robertson poses with two HUGE "sticks" - a rifle and a machine gun. And of course, a Bible). Then, the second half of the trailer shows Robertson walking around in the woods, intercut with triumphant footage, like soldiers storming the beach on D-Day. In the most hilarious/sad/weird/crazy moment, they cut directly from a shot of Civil Rights icon Martin Luther King, Jr., to one of Robertson - a man who was quoted as saying "They were happy, they were Godly; nobody was singing the blues," regarding blacks in the pre-civil rights South. The point is that none of this has to make sense. All that's required is that the "good" imagery is associated with your side, and the "bad" imagery associated with your opponents. This is why I have a problem with the constant Nazi comparisons from both sides.

(*Over 200 years ago, some people believed that if "Atheist" Thomas Jefferson was elected president, they would have to "hide their Bibles." They also believed that he would throw out the constitution and lead a French-style revolution in America, complete with guillotines. Neither of these things happened.)

Meanwhile, on the liberal side...Just now, one of my facebook friends, a brilliant artist, posted a quote from the son of a mayor under the Nazi regime, predicting that the Nazi culture would repeat itself. The implication is that because he said this, that means it's repeating itself right now. This is the same kind of logic used to claim that all manner of vague prophecies are coming true. My facebook friend added, "only this time we might not recover." No reason why listed. The traditional chorus of agreements followed in the comments.

It was over a year ago when I heard someone address some students who thought it clever to lable as Nazis anyone they disagreed with. Under the Nazis--if you followed their rules, they pretty much left you alone. Under the Communists--One could be a party member and they would kill you anyway.

I don't understand this. The concept of living in Nazi Germany or any totalitarian Communist government are both unappealing to me. "If you followed the rules?" The rules included, "don't be Jewish," "don't be a Gypsy," "don't be gay," and so on. How were you supposed to follow those rules, if you were any of those things?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:35:07 pm by animagusurreal »

DA         FA

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2017, 11:54:51 am »
I think some of these far right people who like to hate everyone
but those they think are normal. Should have to live under a
dictatorship as a minority in that society. I am sure they wouldn't
like it.

Strangely enough some of them wouldn't be changed at
all once returned.  It's the dark side of human nature we
all have to deal with.

Those of us who see the hate for what it is need to stand up and be
counted. Otherwise the haters will make life miserable for everyone
else. People like the Nazis are all around us. Most of them hide their
hate untill someone leads them out into the open.

I have watched Trumps ralleys on TV. He feeds on the cheers from his
supporters. I acually think he could say "I will have (a group) killed".
and they would cheer for a moment or two, some even longer. He is like a
cult leader. People can do terrible things if they are convinced it's the right thing
to do. He like Hitler plays on peoples fears and convences them certain people
were hurting their country. Jews, Gypsies, gays. blacks, ect.

Hitler grew up in a Jewish neighborhood and was treated badly by Jewish
kids and bullies. So he learned to hate them. He didn't start out as a bad person,
but failures, mistreatment, and mistakes transformed him into a madman who
caused the deaths of millions. Other people could and would do the same if
given the chance. Unfortunately it's not really that hard to do given the right
conditions, and a charismatic leader.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 11:59:02 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com