furry arts discussion > Kobuk's Fursuit Guides

Fursuit Maintenance Kit, Version 2.0

<< < (2/3) > >>

ArticShadow:
WOW! :) Thanks! I had never thought of that, I'm sure when I was getting ready for a Con I would have thought of some of that suff, do to my parinoa. :-[ Thanks if I think of anything, I'll post it for frucher suggestons and perhaps uses.  :) Anyhow, thanks again, I'll use this when I go to my first Con.  (:

-ArticShadow  :goldhowl:

Jet:
Although it's not really my "job" i noticed you only have two posts here, ArcticShadow. I saw your other post(very moving by the way, I feel for you.) so I know you have yet to introduce yourself in the meeting thread. Maybe you should make one so we can all get to know you! :D

Kobuk:

--- Quote from: ArticShadow on April 04, 2012, 05:56:31 pm ---WOW! :) Thanks! I had never thought of that, I'm sure when I was getting ready for a Con I would have thought of some of that suff, do to my parinoa. :-[ Thanks if I think of anything, I'll post it for frucher suggestons and perhaps uses.  :) Anyhow, thanks again, I'll use this when I go to my first Con.  (:

-ArticShadow  :goldhowl:

--- End quote ---

Just a word of "wise advice" that we do have a gravedigging rule not to gravedig old threads that are 6 months or older since the LAST post was written in that thread. However, It's possible I may let this instance slide as this is a tutorial I want to revise and update in the forseeable future. So locking it would be problematic if I can't add/remove info. or fix links, etc.  :-[

Anyway, just be careful in the future, ok? ;) And if you have a moment, then feel free to head to the Greetings forum and make a thread to introduce yourself a bit. :)

Murkrow:
im gonna suggest these be in your maintenance kit as well:

TAPE. Duct Tape, regular tape, electrical tape. this will help you GREATLY when a part becomes undone, & you need to hold it together. also good for quick inside-the-suit repairs, such as foam tearing. also can be used to cover up sharp suit pieces, like hot glue sticking out.

KRAZY GLUE. quick repair for when things break, or you dont have time for a hot glue gun to heat up. be careful: that chizz is painful when your fingers get caught! also be careful around the face area; your eyes & nose will burn if you're too close!

DISINFECTANT WIPES. sometimes ink/paint or certain materials can bleed when too much spray disinfectant is applied. if you're unsure, use a wipe.

EXTRA FABRIC/FOAM. what if a part tears & it needs to be replaced? unsure if a part might stain when you use a cleaning agent? use the scrap fabric for testing! sure, its an extra thing to carry around, but hey, you never know.

Rocket T. Coyote:
I bring a battery-powered boot dryer, with AC adapter to dry out fursuit parts between sorties. Also a portable hose-type hair dryer to blow cool dry air into fursuit head. A set of brushes for cleaning of clothing to brush out dust, lint, dirt and to get the fur going the right way. Extra teeth and claws to replace losses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version