not-so-furry discussion > general non-furry discussion

Realy stupid stuff

(1/3) > >>

cloud:

Savaaha:
hmmm dumb stuff Ive done...

went Snowshoeing in the back country near Valdez alaska. The was a road in to the rifle range that was plowed but I drove past that in my 86 Daytona. I went on and did my hiking and got back to the car. I got halfway back to the plowed part and got stuck.
 Now usually in that area anyone fireing off rockets got noticed and I fired off one each time I heard a snowmobiler and no one came. 5 hours later someone came and I got a tow out. It wasnt too cold that day, I had both doors open and the hatch and had my stereo blaring.
 Next time I rode the snowmobile if I wanted to go hiking.

Kitsune_H:
I collided with my bike against a car... And a parked one, at that.

Ante:
Riding down a steep, rocky trail to boast about my new bike's shocks. I was thrown off, of course, but I landed on my feet at the bottom. Of course, I had to dodge my bike, which was rolling after me.

Admiral Purge:
Klutz + Skates = Bad times

My knee has been known to give out on me (just cranky I suppose) but I figured I'd give roller blading a shot. I had only been out a few times (most ending in bloody spills) when I figured I'd give the rather large hill at the front of the neighborhood a try... mostly at the urging of a much more experienced friend who had a rather... unfortunate optimism about my skating prowess.

After all, I had been driving up and down it and it didn't seem all that bad.

Lesson 1 - Hills seem much smaller in a car than they do on skates.

Lesson 2 - If your idea of breaking is "Hit the curb and fall on the grass", hills are not for you.

- Mini-lesson - Neither are velocities in excess of 15 mph.

Lesson 3 - If a trick knee has given out every other time you've done something, doing it faster will NOT help.

Lesson 4 - You do not neccesarily need to be thinking happy thoughts to fly like Peter Pan. "Oh ****!" Works just fine.

Lesson 5 - The words "Oh **** dude, holy ****!" from your amazed "buddy" neither make the hurting stop, remove the gravel from your skin, nor restore your shattered ego.

After my 5-7 (it was kind of hard to tell, I was too busy with the flying thoughts) yard scenic tour over the luxurious neighborhood asphalt, subsequent log roll landing the rest of the way down the hill (another 6 yards) and the painful, humiliating scramble off the asphalt in order to avoid the oncoming SUV (Mini-lesson - Soccer moms on cell phones do NOT stop for road pizza) I decided that with shredded clothes, several deep scrapes (to the muscle) and a messed up wrist that my skating career had obviously peaked... it was time to retire.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version