Author Topic: F3con! Branson MO.  (Read 5486 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
F3con! Branson MO.
« on: September 25, 2013, 07:27:55 pm »
F3con Dec 13-16 Branson MO.

Pre registered and just got off the phone with the room reservations. Kinda looks like I'm going.  :) STOKED!!! This will be my fist furry convention!

Anyone else going?

http://f3convention.wix.com/f3con
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:41:31 pm by redyoshi49q »
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
Re: F3con! Branson MO.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 04:49:16 am »
Sooooooooo... No information. F3  is all over the web, facebook, web site, furaffinity and the like. But no information. I know who's on the board of directors and who's the GOH. But nothing else. There is a forum. It's got two posts from this year on it and three from last. In 2012 a furry needed a ride share from Pennsylvania. If he walked I'm sure he made it there by now.  :)  Registered and reservations so I'm going. Even if it's in the dark. If I'm the only one there I'll sit around the hotel lounge and scare the locals.  :D
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 10:44:12 pm »
OK so it's two months before the con. Still no conformation email. I've sent several emails from the form on the main website. No answers. Still no list of events, panels or things to do at the convention. They have things on twitter, facebook, furaffinity and a few websites. Perhaps it's because I'm a graybeard. Gone threw most of these and still have no clue. For my very fist furcon this isn't starting off on a good foot. There is a list of performers. Bucktown Tiger, the furry drama show, A Dozen Dead Furs, Tracer Moonshadow and DJ Nemi. But nothing else. If anyone here has any information about this convention please share it with me. Be nice to know something. Guess my obsessive compulsive "need to plan out everything" personality is showing.  :)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 04:50:52 am »
Still nothing. Apparently I'm not the only one without answers.  People having trouble with online pre registering. People not getting email responses. It would be nice if there were some kind of information. Another piece of artwork was uploaded to furaffinity. Not a big help there.

I thought drama wasn't supposed to be a big part of the fandom.  :)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 10:14:27 pm »
This thing is a bit more than a month away. Still no info or news anywhere about events, panels, anything. I know who the GOH is and know  Bucktown Tiger (GOH), The Furry Drama Show, A Dozen Dead Furs, Tracer Moonshadow and  DJ Nemi will be there. But what else? Nothing is listed. Even conflicting dates. One site has the 13th threw the 16th, Fri threw Mon. Another has it Sat threw Mon. No one answers emails. Nothing is posted on their facebook, twitter, FA or main website. The forum is mostly occupied by me. The stats have me at about 27% of all posts on the forum. I have four posts. I'm still going. Just don't know what I'm going to. Guess my need to plan out everything in advance geek is showing.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 06:48:09 pm »
A sign of life! I got an email from them! Yes they do have me down as registered. But still nothing about panels or planned events. I need information. I'm lost without being able to plan everything I want to do. Then do something else like i always do. But I can't do something else unless I know what I planned on doing first.  (:

Offline Flarei

• Otteroo
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 01:28:33 pm »
Ohhh, one in Branson. Too bad I'll be busy, and my car probs wouldn't make it all in one go. Mayhap next year.
Furcode:
FMF4adrw A- C D+++ H++ M- P+ R++ T+++ W Z Sm+ RLMA a- cn++ d? e- f+ h* iw+++ j* p+ sm

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 08:48:30 pm »
Bummer Flarei, Be cool to see ya there!

Well I'll be at the hotel this time next week. The web site has changed a bit. Letting you know that sine up for panels, events and to perform are closed. With a note that says to come back soon to view and download the schedule. The convention is in eight days and still no schedule up? And I'm still confused between the three or four days. The changes on the schedule page now list Friday threw Monday as event days. Other and older listings were for Friday threw Sunday. Guess I'll find out 'soon' what I'll be missing if I leave Monday as planned.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 10:26:51 pm »
Be leaving for F3 early tomorrow!  About a four hour drive and I'll be there. My FIRST furry convention! The next time I post will be when I get back. I am stoked!

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 05:30:56 pm »
I'm back! I had an absolute BLAST!!! Really am looking forward to my next one. Between the scifi con and this one? Night and day. All I had to do was walk back down to the lobby from my room on the first day. From that moment on it was a BLAST! i'm dropping the idea of going to other conventions. Going to try to go to as many furry conventions as I can next year.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 06:08:16 pm »
I'm back! I had an absolute BLAST!!! Really am looking forward to my next one. Between the scifi con and this one? Night and day. All I had to do was walk back down to the lobby from my room on the first day. From that moment on it was a BLAST! i'm dropping the idea of going to other conventions. Going to try to go to as many furry conventions as I can next year.

I've heard similar things from other people as well. I hear sci-fi and anime conventions are fun and all, but that the feeling and environment at furry cons is just completely different. I've never been to a non-furry con myself, though, so I can't really speak from experience.

Glad you had fun!

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 07:29:06 pm »
Totally agree Ziel. The scifi con I went to I felt like a guest. The very first furry convention I went to I felt like family.

The only way it can be described is like walking into a room full of people that know you. Even if you've never met before. it's AWESOME! Did my best to fallow the 6, 2, 1 rule. Actually had to look at the time to remember to eat.  :D

Raw video of the fursuit parade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPFLxfmg-J8