Author Topic: What if you weren't into the furry fandom?  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
What if you weren't into the furry fandom?
« on: December 13, 2022, 10:39:38 pm »
Imagine if you had never heard of or discovered the furry fandom.
What other hobby/interest or fandom do you think you'd have gotten into that would have taken the furry fandom's place?

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Re: What if you weren't into the furry fandom?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 12:51:03 am »
Because I like animals,  I would have gotten into wild life conservation or study? Maybe?

Furry Fandom, does take some of my time,  but not a whole huge amount.  So I guess maybe gotten more into some computer games more.  Hard to say.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2022, 03:08:05 am »
Painting, crafts, singing, guitar playing, recording and creating music, wood working, playing poker, cooking, bread making, hybridization and propagation, collecting and making reproductions of old Christmas ornaments, old roses, there's probably more. Most of this I'm still happily chugging away at. The fandom fits only because I like anthro characters. And I have an ongoing anthro world in my head.  Years before I ever knew about the fandom. There are hobbies I've had in the past I'm no longer interested in. At one time I was really big into Halloween.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 07:35:10 pm »
Um I'd probably be in other fandoms, I do like other fandoms so.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022, 08:58:49 pm »
WW2 re-enactments/living history.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 05:40:54 am »
OK

What other hobby/interest or fandom do you think you'd have gotten into that would have taken the furry fandom's place?

There is a good chance that could've happened. It would change nothing. I was a furry before there was ever a fandom in the first place. I've always said they knew I was furry before I knew I was furry. When I was 8 y/o I asked Mother to make me a fruit bat costume for Halloween -- ATT that was my fursona (though not  by that name). That was before Albedo, Erma Felina, Mark Merlino, Rod O'Riley, Confurence 0. I found out about it from CSI -- THAT infamous episode: "Fur and Loathing". After seeing that, I did some Duckduckgo-ing and discovered it wasn't just some figment of a script writer's imagination. I was like, "Oh, so that's what it's called" instead of "WHAT THE..."

As for other interests, I still have those, and furry hasn't displaced anything, There's no "I'd be a _____ if I wasn't a furry". It would mean a different circle of friends, but even there, it would be the furries I didn't meet.
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 02:02:29 am »

I think of what I would not have done if was not for the Furry fandom. I would not be an Anime or Science Fiction convention attendee, I would not have started to collect Sanrio characters, I would not be a Ham Radio operator (the person who introduced me to Ham Radio was a furry). I would have a boring life.

Offline Mister Initial Man

• Species: Lynx/Bear
  • Male
    • The Lynx's Den
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2023, 08:35:46 pm »
I'd likely be more into music or something.  I don't think I'd do nearly as much website coding, because I got into website coding through running a Redwall Online Community website.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2023, 11:57:10 pm »
Also model rocketry, puppetry, cartooning, fishing, camping, collecting militaria, and renaissance festivals.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kada-Ru

• Species: Golden Blue Pegasus
  • Female
    • Kaycy's Creations for Fun
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 08:05:58 pm »
For me, I'm still pretty much into the things that I was before finding the fandom.