Author Topic: What does it mean to be a lifestyler?  (Read 4542 times)

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
What does it mean to be a lifestyler?
« on: July 22, 2014, 08:08:52 am »
I am a lifestyler... I think

Anyway, what do you think makes someone a lifestyler? try to define it; I've gotten a wide variety of answers from just being involved in furry stuff to some really deep emotional and mental ties to this "life".

Offline Professor Kjatman

• Species: Felidae Astralis
  • Mage of the 11th Order & Flouted Feline
    • mavericklizard.us - casual costuming & cosplay for creatives
Re: What does it mean to be a lifestyler?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 03:22:36 pm »
I would think that most of life is about perspective. To me I would say the definition of being a furry lifestyler is about embracing that fursona on a consistent basis and not only when people aren't looking. We are in a society that seems to be slowly accepting oddities and embracing an artistic culture. Then again ridicule is abundant and quite overwhelming.

The way I ended up here is due to not feeling comfortable in my own skin, (que Step-by-Step theme song) thus my having augments to my human form it makes me feel more comfortable. Then again I find solace in wearing some of my clothing in public places as if it were a typical activity to me. Their reactions and lack of understanding push me further to see how sheltered of lives they live & gives me hope that they could find courage to do the same someday.

In closing, chose this path because it helps me mentally to overcome many obstacles I couldn't necessarily pass in my human skin.
"Dress for success!" they always said, I just thought they meant a business suit...
-take care

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 01:39:53 pm »
I have some art I commissioned on my walls at home, I go out to meets, I have an awful lot of friends from the fandom, many of whom go to the same meets I do. I go to cons.

I'd consider it part of my lifestyle.

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 12:09:05 am »
Well,  Personally I would define a, "Lifestyler,"  as being someone whom furry is a part of their everyday life.

I spent a good part of my day every day working on a furry forum.  I draw furry characters.  I attend furmeets literally on a weekly basis and I attend cons.  Pretty sure that qualifies furry as being a part of my lifestyle.